• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll City at CAS

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will the outcome be

• They'll get off with it, completely exonerated, FFP falls apart

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • They get a reduced ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • They get no ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Initial punishment stands, the fume goes into meltdown about the cartel, Pep fucks off

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the biggest witch-hunt of an innocent party in history since the Muller enquiry.

This isn’t correct though. Wolands is nearer the mark. They haven’t been punished AT ALL for FFP, the fine relates to their conduct during the investigation. Reporting 8m of income as 68m and getting the cash from elsewhere has passed by completely untouched

They were fined and given financial restrictions in 2014 for the following couple of seasons - restrictions which UEFA confirmed they met, by the fact UEFA paid City back an agreed proportion of the fine for meeting set conditions.

This is the period of the alleged sponsorship discrepancy - I saw alleged, because it’s the thing that UEFA failed to prove actually happened. Had UEFA been able to prove City’s owners doctored the sponsorship then the ban would have stood.

They were fined and given financial restrictions in 2014 for the following couple of seasons - restrictions which UEFA confirmed they met, by the fact UEFA paid City back an agreed proportion of the fine for meeting set conditions.

This is the period of the alleged sponsorship discrepancy - I saw alleged, because it’s the thing that UEFA failed to prove actually happened. Had UEFA been able to prove City’s owners doctored the sponsorship then the ban would have stood.
What else should they need to prove? Etihads own accounts don’t show the same outgoings as Man City’s sponsorship income, and the CFO themselves stipulated what amount should come direct from Etihad and what should come from The Executive Council (Ie NOT Etihad).

So, where do UEFA go from here? They've had their arses handed to them by more expensive, better quality lawyers, that just easily poked holes in their rubbish case.
If UEFA propose some 'new' rules that are 'tougher' and are based on the loopholes that city took advantage of, then surely either CIty won't be stupid enough to get caught again (but will still do the same illegal things), and/or they'll just send lawyers in again to hand UEFA their arses if they try it on again.

Salary cap?
Super league?

If all you have to do is send in expensive lawyers every time you get caught (at the cost of a few million), then that's exactly what teams will do now. It's a bit like that loophole lawyer that gets all the footballers off any driving convictions - has a list of all the little scams he'll choose from each time.

Shouldn't an invite to the champions league be just that, an 'invite', not a god given birthright? If you win your league, and you still don't get an invite to the champions league, how should you be able to take them to court and demand they let you in?

I’m still confused by the judgement. UEFA didn’t do enough to prove all the allegations. So the ban was overturned. However, City didn’t help the investigation and were financially punished. How can you have one without the other?

Anyway, I expect every 50:50 decision to go against city in any champions league game until it’s proven they have off payroll payments to players and staff. Then they get a 15 league relegation and 100 year transfer ban.

50:50? You underestimate the true destructive power of VAR. I want nothing less than Raheem to have his leg broken in three places when through on goal, and then get retrospectively booked for diving as they load him into the ambulance.

So, where do UEFA go from here? They've had their arses handed to them by more expensive, better quality lawyers, that just easily poked holes in their rubbish case.
If UEFA propose some 'new' rules that are 'tougher' and are based on the loopholes that city took advantage of, then surely either CIty won't be stupid enough to get caught again (but will still do the same illegal things), and/or they'll just send lawyers in again to hand UEFA their arses if they try it on again.

Salary cap?
Super league?

If all you have to do is send in expensive lawyers every time you get caught (at the cost of a few million), then that's exactly what teams will do now. It's a bit like that loophole lawyer that gets all the footballers off any driving convictions - has a list of all the little scams he'll choose from each time.

Shouldn't an invite to the champions league be just that, an 'invite', not a god given birthright? If you win your league, and you still don't get an invite to the champions league, how should you be able to take them to court and demand they let you in?
UEFA could start by being prompt in its investigations. The majority of the charges were struck down because of its own statutes of limitations.

I always felt Platini brought the FFP rules because the Premier League was so rich and his country’s league was the poor brother. Once the money poured into PSG and Monaco, especially, he lost interest, the corrupt tw@t.

I’m still confused by the judgement. UEFA didn’t do enough to prove all the allegations. So the ban was overturned. However, City didn’t help the investigation and were financially punished. How can you have one without the other?

Anyway, I expect every 50:50 decision to go against city in any champions league game until it’s proven they have off payroll payments to players and staff. Then they get a 15 league relegation and 100 year transfer ban.

The judgement was 'here's a small fine for refusing to answer any questions'. Essentially they did what Rio Ferndinand did - fucked off as soon as the drugs testers turned up and refused to do a test. UEFA could not get a single other thing to stick on them, even though they admitted the Etihad sponsorship was actually money from the owner.

It would be marvellous to see them get absolutely raped by VAR in their game against Madrid, proper robbed.

That just shows how powerless they are. Fucking them over on the pitch is all they can do.

It'll be funny now watching 50:50 decisions go against them in the CL and seeing them to cry about a UEFA conspiracy.

Oh wait, they do that already.

Pep speaks:

[article]Yesterday was a good day for football.

I’m incredibly happy for the decision. It shows everything that people said about the club was not true. We will defend on the pitch what we won on the pitch.
Like I said many times, if we did something wrong we would accept the decision of UEFA and CAS because we did something wrong. We can defend ourselves. We have the right to defend ourselves when we believe what we have done is correct.

If we had broken FFP, we would have been banned but we have to defend ourselves – we were right. People said we were cheating, lying and the presumption of innocence was not there. When we were proved right we were incredibly happy.

But we have the right to defend when we believe what we have done is correct and three independent judges said this. Today is a good day, yesterday was a good day for football because we play by the same rules as all the clubs in Europe.

We should be apologised to because if we did something wrong we will accept the decision from UEFA because we did something wrong but we don’t expect Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea or Wolves to defend us.

It would be nice but I don’t think so [people now stopping saying negative things about Man City].

They lost off the pitch. They have to go on the pitch and try to beat us. If we did something wrong, I accept our ban. They showed we played by the same rules of all the clubs.

We can play in the Champions League next season because what we have done is right. They have to accept it, go on the pitch and play against us.

I know for the elite clubs like [Manchester] United, Liverpool, and Arsenal it is uncomfortable for them. We don’t have to ask for permission to be there. We deserve to be there. Guys – accept it.[/article]

Either the biggest cunt or the best troller since a younger Mourinho ...

Elite clubs like Arsenal?

236e17a73d0ae54a7fa423ee156c3dd5.png

I'm surprised at the number of hacks who've bought into that 'elite club conspiracy' angle. As if whatever corruption a nouveau riche club gets up to must be accepted because otherwise it's merely a cynical case of 'old' clubs trying to block 'new' clubs. What a magnificent load of bollocks.

Pep forgetting the fact that they didn't win based on doing nothing wrong, CAS said the evidence was old and they got off on a technicality.

Klopp and Mourinho hit back at the smug cunt Pep and City.

José Mourinho and Jürgen Klopp have strongly criticised the court of arbitration for sport’s ruling over Manchester City, with Tottenham’s manager describing the outcome as “disgraceful” and his Liverpool counterpart calling it a bad day for football.

City’s two-year ban from European competition, imposed by Uefa after it found the club guilty of a serious breach of financial fair play rules, was lifted by Cas. The court said City had failed to cooperate with Uefa’s investigations but found that “most of the alleged breaches were either not established or time-barred”.

City have always strenuously denied wrongdoing and the full Cas judgment is expected to be made public in the coming days.

Mourinho referred to the ruling as a “disaster” and said it would now be “better to open the circus door” and allow clubs to spend whatever they liked. He believes financial fair play is dead in the water; Uefa has said it and the European Club Association remains committed to the principles of FFP.

Cas imposed a €10m (£9m) fine on City, reduced from €30m, after finding they had obstructed Uefa’s investigation. To Mourinho, if City must pay that money they have to be guilty of something serious and, in this case, that ought to translate into a European ban. On the other hand, if the club have done nothing wrong, then they should pay nothing.

“It’s a disgraceful decision,” Mourinho said. “If Man City is not guilty of it, to be punished by some millions is a disgrace. If you’re not guilty you’re not punished. In the other way, if you’re guilty you should be banned. In any case, it’s a disaster.

“I’m not saying Man City is guilty. I’m saying if you’re not guilty you don’t pay. You are not punished, even with a pound. I know that money is quite easy for them but it’s just a principle. Why are you paying £8m or £9m if you are not guilty? If they are not guilty the decision is a disgrace. If you are guilty the decision is also a disgrace. My criticism is not for Man City. I’m nobody to know if they’re guilty or not. My criticism is for the decision.”

Mourinho was asked whether he felt City had got lucky. “Maybe they got unlucky,” he replied. “Maybe they don’t deserve to be punished by one single pound and they were punished in £8m or £9m. Maybe they’re a victim, maybe they did nothing wrong and they’re a victim of paying so many millions for nothing.”

Mourinho also mentioned how “other clubs” had previously avoided European bans following allegations of financial wrongdoing. “I truly believe FFP is gone. So new owners, probably they will have this feeling of the circus opened the door so let’s go and enjoy it.”

Klopp also voiced concerns regarding FFP and believes the decision could clear the way for a breakaway league by the world’s richest owners.

“I really hope that FFP stays because it gives at least kind of borders where you can go to but not over it,” Klopp said. “I think that is good for football. If you start doing it like nobody has to care any more at all, and the richest people or countries can do what they want in football, then that could make the competition really difficult. I think that would lead automatically to a kind of world super league with 10 clubs. I don’t know exactly the clubs. It depends then not on the name of the clubs but the people who own the clubs.”

Klopp admitted that, from a self-interested perspective, he was happy for City to have Champions League football next season because a reduced fixture schedule would otherwise hinder Liverpool’s chances of retaining the Premier League title. But he believes the Cas decision could pave the way for overspending.

“From a personal point of view I am happy that City can play Champions League next year because if I think about the league and City has 10-12 games less for resting players I don’t see any chance for any teams in the league to be honest. Apart from that, I don’t wish anybody anything bad.

“Like I said I am happy that City can play Champions League but I don’t think it was a good day for football yesterday to be honest because I think FFP is a good idea. It is there for protecting teams, protecting the competition. That was the idea in the start that nobody overspends. That the big clubs before the season have to make sure that the money they want to spend is based on the right sources, let me say it like this.”

I know Man City fans love their club but deep down there must be a hollow feeling about the way they achieved greatness. Cmon so they really feel that they have achieved greatness fairly, did players join their club because they wanted to play for the City or the cash?

I'm not totally against mega-billionaires getting into football but there should at least be some sort of system that stops them from injecting their cash into clubs in such a short space of time, hopefully, we can find a way to adjust the fair play rules, or is it totally dead?

I know Man City fans love their club but deep down there must be a hollow feeling about the way they achieved greatness. Cmon so they really feel that they have achieved greatness fairly, did players join their club because they wanted to play for the City or the cash?

I'm not totally against mega-billionaires getting into football but there should at least be some sort of system that stops them from injecting their cash into clubs in such a short space of time, hopefully, we can find a way to adjust the fair play rules, or is it totally dead?
Not at all. They are deluded, have a them against us attitude.

But FFP is dead. Totally dead.

What else should they need to prove? Etihads own accounts don’t show the same outgoings as Man City’s sponsorship income, and the CFO themselves stipulated what amount should come direct from Etihad and what should come from The Executive Council (Ie NOT Etihad).

I guess we wait for the fuller report to see whether this was not established or time limited then.

Believe it or not, my best mate feels exactly that way... Yeah, he still follows them, because he did in his teenage years (really, he did), and he let me have it last season, but he's lost the passion for them (and the sport in general) because of what money has done to the game. He actually preferred when they were a yo-yo club, with a small but true fan base. He's not hating the success, of course, but he knows it's only because they won the crooked-billionaire-lottery.

You say this, but they think exactly the same of us. They say the only way we achieved greatness in Madrid and this season in the league was because the 'cartel' wanted LiVARpool to win and were forcing the refs to give us decisions, and only didn't cancel the league because they wanted us to win it, and we should have an asterisk next to our title win this season.

If we don't believe any of the above, then there's no chance the absolute mentalists are going to believe their greatness has been anything other then above board and absolutely fairly acquired.

We should start referring to our front 3 as The Cartel.

"Another LFC victory thanks to the cartel!"
"The Cartel really pulled Liverpool out of that jam."

Guardiola is really pushing it. Outside of actual football, he's a pretty stupid bloke - he can't even do sarcasm without sounding like he's just read Sarcasm for Dummies - and yet he's not only claiming to know everything that's gone on but also demanding apologies from, well, the world. I hope he keeps it up - it's fantastically imprudent.

You say this, but they think exactly the same of us. They say the only way we achieved greatness in Madrid and this season in the league was because the 'cartel' wanted LiVARpool to win and were forcing the refs to give us decisions, and only didn't cancel the league because they wanted us to win it, and we should have an asterisk next to our title win this season.

If we don't believe any of the above, then there's no chance the absolute mentalists are going to believe their greatness has been anything other then above board and absolutely fairly acquired.
Hmmm I think their cartel conspiracy theories come off as desperate. They don't sound of that stuff outside of Bluemoon. I visit Reddit and Twitter a lot and I rarely see that conspiracy cartel rubbish on there... But yes within their Bluemoon bubble that take off their "day clothes" and run amok naked as the day with that cartel crap. It just makes them feel better I suppose. Whereas everyone knows that cash got them footballing greatness. I do admire they way they play when they are in full flow but it's like like watching the mercenary version of the Harlem Globetrotters for me. Those guys are now connected to the cash than the man city...look how quick Kevin de bryune agent was quick to let the world know that if City banned from Europe then his player will be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom