• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City to become a selling club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different players, and not a fair question as 99% of the people that come on here don't like Downing so its unfortunate that your asking me this based on an opinion I have on Tevez.

Perhaps my language is a little harsh at times - but I don't always see good players doing well in any team or environment. There are the exceptions of the last few decade or so where certain players you can just put them in any team and they will make a big difference, I just dont' think Tevez is going to make that much of a difference to a team unless he has a strong supporting caste with him of a 'certain' type.

Carlos Tevez has played for three teams in this country and has made a significant contribution to each one.
To say he is "overrated" is just ridiculous.

The reason people laugh at your assertion that Downing that could play for Barcelona isn't because they don't like him.

Most of the posters here cannot stand Christiano Ronaldo but wouldn't dispute his talent/ability.

Stop saying stupid shit.

Themn - honestly your getting too emotional about Carlos along with the rest. Never really notice him when he plays against decent opposition when playing for Argentina. See him do a lot of running around at Man City and linking up well at times with his Argentine friend. Lots of effort at Manchester United but did not really shine that much in my eyes as much as C.Ronaldo or Rooney did. Just don't like him in the way you guys do - because most of you probably think he is Messi or Maradona. Anyway - I am right and your wrong, because no one wants him.

yep tevez is a bit shit cause ronaldo stands out more than him, that makes complete sense..... how can you afford all this meth moron?

Themn - honestly your getting too emotional about Carlos along with the rest. Never really notice him when he plays against decent opposition when playing for Argentina. See him do a lot of running around at Man City and linking up well at times with his Argentine friend. Lots of effort at Manchester United but did not really shine that much in my eyes as much as C.Ronaldo or Rooney did. Just don't like him in the way you guys do - because most of you probably think he is Messi or Maradona. Anyway - I am right and your wrong, because no one wants him.

You're (see, "YOU'RE") a Manc.
Definitely.

I haven't seen anyone this wrong about a player since danny guthrie/hayden mullins

Surely this is moron tarred forever now?

Moron is surely related to Downing or something more than just a fan. I like Downing and feel a bit sorry for him but i've no motivation to fight his battles across a multitude of threads on the internets.

Wow, morons opinion is nearly misguided as Modos on Aqualini.

Except Modo doesn't rate Downing and since that's correct maybe it should be 'more misguided'.

Stewart Downing is much worse than Riera and cost £10M more.

Of all our transfers last year, this is the one that makes me the most angry.

Moron is surely related to Downing or something more than just a fan. I like Downing and feel a bit sorry for him but i've no motivation to fight his battles across a multitude of threads on the internets.

I am not related to him at all - I just think he is a very good player, and last year he was unlucky becuase Kenny just used him wrong. I remember loads of people coming on here at times and saying "whats the point of bringing him on after taking Carroll off ?" or vice versa. I refuse to believe that the guy is as bad as made out on this site and that he is a average player - my view is he was instructed wrongly by Kenny on what to do in games.

I honestly dont mind Downing.
I think he'll do a job this year under Mr Rodgers.

Citeh don't have anyone that they can actually sell without either subsiding their wages or buying up their contracts. Nobody can afford their players.

People seem to forget that there wasnt THAT much wrong last year.
We functioned in the main part as a team and played really good stuff.
In the early part of the year we were battering teams but not getting the results.
It all went to shit when Suarez got suspended and then following that when we won the Carling cup.
The players knew they had Europe and werent making champions league so knocked off early for Summer.
Not really acceptable but there you go.

I dont think our problems were as great as it seems to be remembered.

Finishing was.
Hence Borini.
Maybe more finishers to follow.

The Downings, Hendersons etc can do a job.

Safe to say last years flops will be fighting for their Liverpool futures this season so we may actually get improved performances out of them. If they don't buck up, they'll be out the door.

I hope that while Rodgers is honest, he'll be brutally callous.

I am not related to him at all - I just think he is a very good player, and last year he was unlucky becuase Kenny just used him wrong. I remember loads of people coming on here at times and saying "whats the point of bringing him on after taking Carroll off ?" or vice versa. I refuse to believe that the guy is as bad as made out on this site and that he is a average player - my view is he was instructed wrongly by Kenny on what to do in games.

Is he better than Tevez ?

Sorry - but you guys must watch something different to me - I don't rate that guy at all, which is one of the reasons the top clubs in Europe have not actually gone for him. Lets face it Man United never thought about putting in that extra to keep him, and City were prepared to let the guy just get fat in Argentina. So I am right on this - I think to many of you just kind of fall for specific moments that players have in games and it kind of sticks in your head for a long time while forgetting that the player may have been a libability all season or not perferming consistently. Kind of like our "legend" Smicer. No - seriously Tevez, what a load of shit !!!

Has someone just compared Smicer with Tevez? I have seen it all now...

Oh and how can someone be right on an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom