• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. Elliot was by far our best player.

Van den Berg must be fucking fantastic in training.
You've got to imagine that we signed him, with the promise that he would be part of the CWC squad.

We're probably just holding up our end of the bargain, cos lord knows he's been absolutely woeful and doesn't deserve it on merit.

Mind you, he's 17, still growing and just come to an entirely new country/culture, with more aggressive, quicker players. It's no surprise that he's been crap. We have to give him at least 2 or 3 years.

You've got to imagine that we signed him, with the promise that he would be part of the CWC squad.

We're probably just holding up our end of the bargain, cos lord knows he's been absolutely woeful and doesn't deserve it on merit.

Mind you, he's 17, still growing and just come to an entirely new country/culture, with more aggressive, quicker players. It's no surprise that he's been crap. We have to give him at least 2 or 3 years.
Actually I'd find it very strange that we'd promise a 17 yr old he'd be part of the CWC squad. Likely he's just been taken over as cover (ditto Hoevr) and to give VvD or Gomez a breather if we're in the position to do that.

The Echo has confirmed that he hasnt travelled because he picked up an injury during yesterdays game. He being assessed by the doctors today, and hopefully he isnt out for to long.

That makes more sense. Shame

I'd be happy if we give the squad players a runaround tonight and get knocked out, so the first team have a week off in the sun and come back fully refreshed to twat Leicester

I'd be happy if we give the squad players a runaround tonight and get knocked out, so the first team have a week off in the sun and come back fully refreshed to twat Leicester
Then you are going to be very disappointed. I'm sure everyone out there is well up for this and desperately wants to put another big shiny thing in our cabinet.

They’re still going to have to play in a third place play off regardless. So just win it.

All the noises coming out of the club sound like they're treating it like a league or cl game, just as much prep, just as serious.

We'll win this shit.

No - it's the reality (like with Arsenal vs Ozil/China Instagram account).
This is like Kerr/Popovich in the NBA with China ... When money is on the line, everyone tows the line.
Never a fan of mixing politics with sport. If Klopp were to do that, he would have left the club after the Brexit vote. Vilify the government and authorities but never take the joy of sport away from the people/fans.

Anyway who is this Andy Goldstein fella who gave Klopp a lashing for prioritising CWC to League Cup.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/pundi...p-for-zoning-in-on-glorified-community-shield

Never a fan of mixing politics with sport. If Klopp were to do that, he would have left the club after the Brexit vote. Vilify the government and authorities but never take the joy of sport away from the people/fans.

Anyway who is this Andy Goldstein fella who gave Klopp a lashing for prioritising CWC to League Cup.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/pundi...p-for-zoning-in-on-glorified-community-shield

It's a very tough call - especially considering our thread on China.

It's a very tough call - especially considering our thread on China.
True, it is a tough call, but I have always not put football players and managers in the line of fire to answer for the wrongdoing for other government. They have an opinion for sure, but they can't be held as the role model of some sort even though they are celebrated as a public figure. What does the journos expected from Klopp? To criticise the host country that might see his employer get in trouble for his action? I run a business, I don't expect my staff to take one for the company. If that was John Henry they are talking to, then I am more inclined to see him being critical of Qatar human rights issue. That's just me.... I guess.

Salad gets the short straw and gets to start with Bobby and Sadio rested

Lonegan on subs bench. Didn’t he play last night???

Hope VVD is just having a rest period rather than an injury.
He bloody deserves a little break.

Bit of a breather for Bobby watching from the bench for most of the game,unless we need him.

Vvd illness apparently.

It wouldn't be so bad if the midfield Infront of our patched up defense wasn't so lightweight.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it was a poisoning sabotage. VvD is superhuman, I find it implausible that he might succumb to the illnesses of mere mortal humans.

If he were resting VVD I'd completely get it, cos this side are apparently just all out attack so you'd assume the world's best cb could maybe affect the scoreline, but the not the end result (they conceded 18 shots in their last match against some shite side so we should get at least that & score a few).

I think we'll be fine regardless, but if VVD is out for an extended period we're in trouble.

Ok... A quick google tells me Monterrey are Mexicos most successful club in international competitions and are owned by Latin America's biggest bottling company.

Let's hope they bottle it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom