• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp's transfers ranked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando

Here's Paul's rankings w/ timestamps for anyone interested

37) Naby Keïta - 0:41
36) Arthur Melo - 4:52

35) Ben Davies - 6:39
34) Ozan Kabak - 6:41

33) Steven Caulker - 9:41
32) Loris Karius - 11:54
31) Sepp Van den Berg - 14:52
30) Marko Grujic - 15:51
29) Dominic Solanke - 17:25
28) Ben Doak - 20:14
27) Fabio Carvalho - 21:41
26) Ryan Gravenberch - 23:37
25) Adrian - 27:05
24) Ragnar Klavan - 28:57

23) Wataru Endo - 33:37
22) Alexis Mac Allister - 33:46
21) Dominik Szoboszlai - 33:47
20) Stefan Bajcetic - 33:50
19) Cody Gakpo - 33:52
18) Darwin Nunez - 33:54

17) Takumi Minamino - 40:18
16) Kostas Tsimikas - 43:58
15) Ibrahima Konate - 44:38
14) Xherdan Shaqiri - 47:23
13) Harvey Elliott - 47:28
12) Thiago Alcantara - 51:48
11) Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 55:48
10) Luis Diaz - 59:09
9) Diogo Jota - 1:01:39
8) Gini Wijnaldum - 1:05:05

7) Fabinho - 1:07:42
6) Joel Matip - 1:07:48

5) Andrew Robertson - 1:11:01
4) Sadio Mané - 1:15:03
3) Alisson Becker - 1:18:19

2) Virgil van Dijk - 1:22:10
1) Mohamed Salah - 1:24:51

----------------------------------------

How the fuck is Ox 11th?

Despite his misgivings. Keita at the bottom of there list and caulker above him was harsh .

Kabak deserves more credit he was brought in and as an emergency, and did ok given the circumstances till he got injured..

Karius should be bottom of that list..

Last edited:
Konate should be higher than Thiago and Chamberlain. To mark Keita down so heavily for injuries but not Thaigo and Chamberlain is the most surprising part of the list.

Otherwise looks about right bar some niggling stuff.

Last edited:
Konate should be higher than Thiago and Chamberlain. To mark Keita down so heavily for injuries but not Thaigo and Chamberlain is the most surprising part of the list.

Otherwise looks about right.
Exactly, that's what pissed the me off the most. Thiago is a brilliant footballer which probably moves him further up the list.
Ox was not as instrumental and yeah he scored goals, but he was terrible in midfield.

Darwin 18th lol. I know he's only been here 18 months but let's not be insulting.

Ox and Thiago shouldn't even make the list, fucking pair of oxygen breathing wasters.

Naby could've cost 200m, he still shouldn't be bottom over a mega cunt like Karius.

The top 10 looks broadly right, but after that it's fairly wild, Ox and Shaqiri definitely too high, and all the recent signings too low.

Is that the total list of signings he's made? If so, I would say he has a hit rate of around one in two being good or better, which is pretty impressive.

The top 10 looks broadly right, but after that it's fairly wild, Ox and Shaqiri definitely too high, and all the recent signings too low.

Is that the total list of signings he's made? If so, I would say he has a hit rate of around one in two being good or better, which is pretty impressive.
You could put a few of those misses into the 'can't yet tell' category, also with someone like Solanke does he go down as a miss here or do we factor in his transfer netted us a £15m profit and nudge him over into the hit section?

Also from the so called first team signings he's made, only really Naby, Ox and Thiago have failed to make the grade & all being down to injuries.

Overall it's a decent list I think.

The newer signings are low because they haven't got much to show for their time here yet. You'd hope that if this was done again a bit down the line that the likes of Szoboszlai, Nunez and Mac Allister would move up.

That said, I think he was hugely over-generous to Shaqiri, who may have won the league but didn't even play very much then. Ox as well, although he was very good in the year we won the league.

I'd say Konate could be a few places higher too, but I can kinda understand why he isn't.

There's an acceptance now that Kabak was dreadful, but he actually wasn't. That was a fucking awful season overall but we did scrape it back in the second half of the season, and he did play a decent number of games. I remember quite a few people wanted us to sign him permanently. Noone was devastated when we didn't, but still.

The top looks about right but they should've done a list without the recent signings because dumping Szobo, Endo, MacA et al alongside Klavan and co because they didn't know quite where to place them (naturally) is a bit silly.

Thiago shouldn't be anywhere near 12th. Good player (but overrated) but we should have known better. The injury problems were completely predictable. Seems like we abandoned all the shrewd rules we usually followed with him and it cost us.

Thiago contributed fuck all, other than the occasional "ooooo" from the crowd. A disappointment that should be nowhere near that high

Thiago contributed fuck all, other than the occasional "ooooo" from the crowd. A disappointment that should be nowhere near that high
There was that long range goal that caused a debate as to whether or not the ball touched the ground en-route to the goal & DB called us all fucking idiots if we didn't see it his way.

That was quite a positive contribution.

Thiago was a horrible purchase. Sepp Van den Berg should be higher than him on the list. One of them was a massive failure and the other one was spinning the wheel on a prospect for peanuts. One was important to get right, the other one is always likely not to end up factoring at all.

In defence of Thiago:

22/23 Premier League - 18 apps
21/22 Premier League - 25
20/21 Premier League - 24

So he wasn't exactly invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom