1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by King Binny, May 9, 2019.

1. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Kieran Trippier - Atletico Madrid (£21.7m)

Article:

Kieran Trippier (born Sep. 19, 1990 in Bury, England) is a new Red & White player. Atlético de Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement over the transfer of the full-back, who has signed a three-year contract.

With this signing, we add to our team a fantastic and experienced player who comes to us from the Champions League runners-up. A product of the Manchester City academy, which he joined at age nine, Trippier went on to join Barnsley and Burnley on loan, before signing for the Lancashire club in 2012. There, he made the Championship’s Team of the Year in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons, achieving promotion to the Premier League in 2014. In his first season in the top flight of English football, the full-back played every minute of every game with his team.

One year later, Trippier signed with Tottenham Hotspur and went on to play 114 matches over the next four seasons, scoring two goals and providing 24 assists. Last season, he was a key player in the side that reached the Champions League final.

His performances at the London club earned him the right-back spot in the England national team. He made his international debut in 2017 against France, and since then has played 16 games and scored one goal. Trippier was England’s starting right-back in the 2018 World Cup, during which he was a constant threat thanks to his set pieces. Gareth Southgate’s side went on to score nine set piece goals during the tournament – the most ever in World Cup history – and Trippier was chosen to be in FIFA’s Best XI for the competition.

The Englishman is a versatile full-back who can also play in midfield and has a fantastic right foot.

Because of all this, we welcome Trippier to the Atleti Family and wish him the best of luck at his new home. Welcome, Kieran!

2. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Thats a weird one

3. King Binny

Mario Hermoso - Atlético Madrid (€25m + add ons up to €4m)

Article: Atlético de Madrid and RCD Espanyol have reached an agreement over the transfer of Mario Hermoso. The defender has signed a five-year contract.

Mario Hermoso Canseco (Madrid, June 18, 1995) arrives from the Catalan club, where he played 59 games in the last two seasons (54 in LaLiga and five in the Copa del Rey). During his time at RCD Espanyol, the defender scored four goals and became one of his team’s key players.

The 24-year-old played most of last season as a centre-back, but his versatility allows him to also play as a full-back. He’s very strong on the ball and in the air.

Hermoso completed one of the best seasons of his career so far, helping his former club qualify for the Europa League for the first time in 12 years. His strong performances also earned him his first cap for Spain, making his international debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Nov. 18, 2018. The defender arrived at RCD Espanyol from Valladolid in 2016, where he played 31 matches in the Segunda División.

We welcome an extraordinary player, who despite his youth, has experience and a promising future. He arrives to make our squad stronger and we wish him all the best in this beautiful new challenge at Atlético de Madrid.

Welcome, Mario!

Josh Bowler - Hull (loan)

Article: HULL CITY ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOUNG EVERTON MIDFIELDER JOSH BOWLER HAS JOINED THE TIGERS ON A SEASON-LONG LOAN DEAL.

The highly-rated 20-year-old completed the formalities of the move earlier today and is an exciting new addition to Grant McCann’s squad.

Bowler, who operates mainly as a right-winger, has spent the last couple of seasons playing for Everton’s U23s having signed for the Goodison Park club in 2017, and was a key figure in the Toffees’ side that won the Premier League 2 title and Premier League Cup in 2018/19.

He has also already had a brief taste of Championship football after coming through the youth system at Queens Park Rangers to make his first team debut on the final day of the 2016/17 campaign.

Speaking after putting pen-to-paper to complete his loan switch to the KCOM Stadium, Bowler said: “I’m very excited to be here because’s it’s a massive club.

“As soon as I heard of Hull’s interest, I wanted to get the move through. It’s taken a bit of time but I’m just thankful to be here now and raring to go ahead of the forthcoming season.”

Ryan Tafazolli - Hull (free transfer)

Article: HULL CITY HAVE COMPLETED THE SIGNING OF RYAN TAFAZOLLI ON A TWO-YEAR DEALWITH THE CLUB HOLDING AN OPTION FOR A FURTHER YEAR – AFTER THE DEFENDER ENJOYED A SUCCESSFUL TRIAL PERIOD AT THE KCOM STADIUM.

The Tigers brought Tafazolli in to train with the squad earlier this month following the expiry of his contract at Peterborough United and the 27-year-old impressed during pre-season fixtures against Leyton Orient and Lincoln Red Imps, scoring the winner in the latter.

Tafazolli has worked his way back up the football pyramid since being released by Southampton as a youngster. Short spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City preceded a move to then National League side Mansfield Town in 2012 and, after more than a century of appearances for the Stags, he joined League One side Peterborough United in 2016 who were managed by current Tigers Head Coach Grant McCann at the time.

Another 131 senior games were banked, leading to a move to the KCOM Stadium with Tafazolli pleased to have become a Tiger.

“I’m delighted to have signed for the club – it’s a fantastic opportunity and one which I’m determined to grab with both hands,” he said.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and it was a great experience to be with the squad for a week or so over in Marbella.

“To finally sign and have my future sorted is a fantastic feeling. My only focus now is to work harder than I’ve ever worked before and give my all for Hull City.”

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. King Binny

Daishawn Redan - Hertha Berlin (£5m)

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus (£67.5m)

Article: Juventus Football Club announces the official signing of Matthijs de Ligt from AFC Ajax, having penned in contact with the Italian champions until 2024.

Here is the official statement:

AGREEMENT WITH AJAX FOR THE DEFINITIVE ACQUISITION OF THE PLAYER MATTHIJS DE LIGT

Turin, 18 July 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax NV for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Matthijs de Ligt has been reached for a consideration of € 75 million, payable in five financial years, and additional costs of € 10,5 million.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024.

It's the news all Bianconeri fans have been waiting to hear all summer: Matthijs de Ligt is officially a Juventus player!

Born in Liederdorp, Netherlands on 12 August 1999, de Ligt joined Ajax’s iconic youth academy at the age of nine. Throughout his years in the academy, he showed tremendous potential and was soon granted his first team debut in September 2017 in a cup game against Willem II.

He immediately made his mark when he scored off a corner to become the second youngest goalscorer at the club after Clarence Seedorf. A month later, he was promoted to the senior squad where he quickly established himself as a natural talent, featuring on 11 occasions in his debut campaign. De Ligt then broke another record, when he became the youngest player ever (17 years and 285 days old) to play in a major European final: the Europa League final against Manchester United on 24 May 2017.

In March 2018, following an injury to Joel Veltman, De Ligt was handed the captain’s armband at the club, making him the youngster ever player to pull on the armband for de Godenzonen. In that campaign, he started in all 31 league matches, and featured for Ajax on 37 occasions across all competitions, scoring three goals in the process. His ability to make clean tackles (he recovered the third most balls – 73 – in the 2018/19 Champions League campaign), his strength, speed and accuracy, were all key factors in him receiving the Golden Boy Award in 2018, along with his leadership skills, which saw him garner much respect from his fellow teammates and colleagues.

Sturdy on the ground and lethal in the air, de Ligt boasts a winning combination that is necessary in that of being a modern defender. His aerial strength is not only useful when it comes to clearing chances away in the box, but one that makes him a threat to the opposition. In fact, only Cristiano Ronaldo (four) scored more headed goals than the 29-year-old in the 2018/19 Champions League campaign, while he is also the youngest defender to have ever scored in the competition.

On the international stage, de Ligt made his debut for the Dutch national team against Bulgaria (2-0 away defeat) in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification match, despite only having made two starts for Ajax at the time. Since then, he has gone on to represent his country on 17 occasions, scoring two goals.

The centre-back will become the fifth player from the Netherlands to pull on the Juventus jersey, following Ouasim Bouy, Eljero Elia, Edwin van der Sar, and of course, the iconic Edgar Davids.

De Ligt is Bianconero. Welkom, Matthijs!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

Shaw and Sanches in the top 10 most expensive teenage transfer list........ A Aecent lesson for scouting departments present and future

I know martial hasn't necessarily met the hype but that feels circumstantial

6. jan

jan Well-Known Member

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kieran Tripper ended his rather mistake-filled final season with one last error as he left for Atletico Madrid. He accidentally directed his message of thanks to the NBA team San Antonio Spurs instead.

7. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

At least this sentence is mistake-free... oh wait.

8. King Binny

Jean Michael Seri - Galatasaray (loan for €1.5m with option to buy at €18m)

9. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

Superb talent, but there were quite a few warning signs about him, which is why most big clubs, even United, have stayed away. Fulham bit and paid the price – they bought for £25M and selling at a loss.

10. King Binny

Just realized he's 28. Thought he's much younger. Guess that's his last 'big' move then.

11. King Binny

Salomon Rondon - Dalian Yifang (£16.5m)

Article: Salomon Rondon has today joined Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang for an undisclosed fee.

The Venezuela international will be teaming up with Rafa Benitez, who led Newcastle United during his loan spell at St James’ Park last season.

Rondon arrived at The Hawthorns in the summer of 2015 and made 120 appearances for the Baggies, scoring 28 goals.

The Club wishes Salomon and his family all the very best in the future.

Kenneth Zohore - West Brom (£8m)

Article:
    Albion have today signed Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old striker will follow in the footsteps of some of the Baggies’ all-time greats by wearing the No.9 shirt at The Hawthorns.

The Dane has penned a four-year contract after jetting in from Cardiff’s pre-season training trip to the United States of America.

Head Coach Slaven Bilić is delighted to have added the 6ft 2in striker to his ranks.

"He is a player who has got more than a bit of everything, he's strong, he has pace, he has good skill," said the Croatian.

"He knows the league, he knows the country, he's already got good experience but he's still got room to improve. He's not the finished article.

"I hope he's going to be a very good player for us."

12. jan

jan Well-Known Member

A typo in a Popbitch article doesn't make Kerian Tipprier less of a mug tho, does it?

13. King Binny

? My post was regarding Seri

Lys Mousset - Sheff Utd (£10m)

Article: For the third time this summer, the Blades have smashed the club's transfer record.

French striker Lys Mousset has signed a three-deal with the Blades after an undisclosed fee with AFC Bournemouth was reached for his services.

He follows Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson in breaking United's transfer record and becomes United's fifth signing of the close season with Phil Jagielka and Ravel Morrison already part of Chris Wilder's plans.

Of the latest recruit, boss Wilder comments: "Lys is big, quick and a different type of threat at the top of the pitch to what we already have.

"I think he will prove to be a great fit for us and the fact that he selected us above other options shows he's hungry to do well. It is a fantastic bit of business for us in the current market and we are looking forward to him joining up with the squad."

Born in Montvilliers, in the Normandy region of France, Mousset began his career at Le Havre, joining their academy in 2006 after playing locally.

He then graduated to Le Havre II where he impressed scoring 14 goals in 57 appearances, before progressing into the first team at Stade Oceane, where he went on to net 14 times in 34 outings.

In June 2016, the French U21 international joined Bournemouth for a fee in excess of £7 million and scored his first goal for the Cherries in the FA Cup against Wigan Athletic in January 2018 and has since made over 50 appearances on the south coast.

14. jan

jan Well-Known Member

Sorry, somehow quoted the wrong post. Fits the subject very well though lol

15. King Binny

Semi Ajayi - West Brom (£1.5m)

Article:
    Albion have today completed the signing of Semi Ajayi from Rotherham United for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old became the third recruit of the summer window after he agreed a four-year contract with the Baggies.

Measuring in at an imposing 6ft 5in, Semi followed 6ft 2in Kenneth Zohore into the building to certainly add even more height to Albion’s numbers.

The Croatian midfielder, Filip Krovinović, is the other addition to the squad so far as Albion continue a summer rebuild under new Head Coach Slaven Bilić.

Semi caught the eye in both games against the Baggies last season, a campaign which saw him achieve his best goals tally with eight in all competitions.

At home either in defence or as a defensive midfielder, Semi has grabbed the No.6 shirt for the forthcoming Sky Bet Championship campaign.

“It’s a great opportunity for me,” he said. “I want to play at the highest level and I have joined a club with the ambition to get there.

“I want to play my part in helping the team get promoted because that is definitely the target.”

Anthony Knockaert (loan with option to buy)

Article:
    The Club is absolutely delighted to confirm that Anthony Knockaert has joined on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The 2017 Championship Player of the Year arrives in SW6 with an abundance of pedigree in both England’s second tier and the Premier League.

A tricky winger, Knockaert boasts a prolific record of 33 goals and 29 assists in just three-and-a-half Championship campaigns.

Speaking to fulhamfctv after putting pen to paper, Knockaert said:

“It feels amazing to be here. I feel really welcome already. It just feels great to get this done and for me to be a Fulham player.

“I can’t wait to get started and obviously help the Club achieve it’s goal.

“The goal is to get back to the Premier League where Fulham belongs. I have come here with the clear intention to get promoted and I want to help in any way that I can.”

On his latest addition, Tony Khan added: “Anthony Knockaert is a valuable addition to Fulham Football Club. Anthony's a talented and accomplished attacking player who will strengthen our team, and his past contribution to successes in the Championship will bring important experience to our squad as we pursue another Fulham promotion to the Premier League.

“Anthony's been one of our top targets for the past several years, and I'm thrilled that he's come to Fulham to play for our great supporters at Craven Cottage! Come on Fulham!”

Frenchman Knockaert first arrived on these shores in the summer of 2012 when he joined Leicester City as a 20-year-old. He scored nine goals in his maiden campaign, the most important of which came on the final day when his dramatic late winner at Nottingham Forest saw the Foxes jump from eighth into the last remaining Play-Off spot.

They lost to Watford in the Semi-Finals in one of the most enthralling ties in recent memory, but bounced back in emphatic style to claim the Championship title with 102 points a year later, with Knockaert featuring in 42 of their 46 league matches.

After a year in the Premier League – in which he helped Leicester secure their top flight status - Knockaert joined Standard Liège on a permanent deal. He was only in Belgium for six months, though, as his five goals and six assists in just 19 starts prompted Brighton to bring him back to the UK.

He carried that form on in the Championship, with his 12 goal involvements (five goals, seven assists) in the second half of the season helping the Seagulls to a third place finish, with goal difference alone denying them an automatic promotion place.

In a sense of déjà vu for Knockaert, the Play-Offs again ended in disappointment, but there were no signs of a hangover the following campaign as Brighton finished second in the standings.

That was arguably the best season of his career so far, as he netted 15 times and laid on nine assists in his 45 league outings. He was also subsequently named in the Team of the Year, and won the Championship Player of the Season trophy.

Knockaert continued to be a regular for Brighton in the Premier League, amassing 63 appearances across the past two seasons, and won the Premier League’s Goal of the Month award as recently as March for his stunning effort against rivals Crystal Palace.

The arrival of the 27-year-old adds an extra dimension to Fulham’s forward line - which has already been boosted by the signing of Ivan Cavaleiro and Aleksandar Mitrović’s new contract – with Knockaert’s career stats making for impressive reading, with 68 goals and 59 assists for his various clubs.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  16. King Binny

Ethan Ampadu - RB Leipzig (loan)

Article:
    Ethan Ampadu has today joined RB Leipzig on loan for the 2019/20 season.

It will be the versatile 18-year-old’s first loan since joining from Exeter City two years ago.

He became our eighth youngest debutant of all time when he played a Carabao Cup game that September
    and the midfielder/central defender has been part of the Chelsea squad ever since. He also became a full Wales international shortly after his Blues debut, but last season was cut short by a back problem which caused him to withdraw from an international call-up and then miss club action from our Europa League win against Malmo in February onwards.

Although Ampadu recovered sufficiently to make the trip to Baku for the final, he was not involved in the match but subsequently played two European Championship qualifiers for Wales last month. Now he has the chance to develop by playing top-level football in the Bundesliga and Champions League this coming campaign. Leipzig finished third in the German top-flight last season behind Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

In his two years at Chelsea so far he has made 12 appearances, seven of them starts. Last season he featured in three of our Europa League games and in September 2018 he signed a new five-year Chelsea contract.

After Frank Lampard’s arrival in Japan for our continuing pre-season preparations, our new head coach had this to say about loaning out Ampadu:

‘I tried to sign Ethan on loan at Derby last year so I’m a big fan, but with the minutes he played last year, in the interest of Ethan and of Chelsea, the idea he can play a lot of games somewhere could be good for him.

‘I really wanted to work with Ethan this year. That’s a slight disappointment, but it’s to benefit of him. In midfield and defence we have a lot of quality, so each player is a case by case.’

17. King Binny

Nabil Fekir - Real Betis (€19.75m plus add ons up to €10m + 20% sell-on fee)

Article:
    Real Betis Balompié and Olympique Lyonnais have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Nabil Fekir. The French international has signed a contract until 2023 with the Green and White club. In this way, Fekir becomes the fourth team signing for the season 2019/2020.

Nabil Fekir (Lyon, France, 18th of July 1993) began his career as a footballer in the academy at Olympique Lyonnais. He made his debut with the first team on the 28th of August of 2013.

Fekir has been capped with France U21 and senior team. With the senior team, Fekir has won 21 caps. He was part of the team that won the Russia 2018 World Cup.

In total, the new Real Betis player has played 193 games in top-flight football, scoring 69 goals and 46 assists.

With the arrival of Fekir, Real Betis acquire creativity, great technique, shooting ability and attacking edge.

18. King Binny

Jordan Veretout - Roma (loan for €1m with obligation to buy at €16m plus add ons)

Article:
    AS Roma are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Jordan Veretout.

Veretout, 26, joins the club from Fiorentina on an initial one-year loan deal, for a fixed fee of €1 million.

As part of that agreement, the Giallorossi must subsequently make the transfer permanent for a sum of €16m.

The complete agreement includes a number of performance-related clauses, based on the potential achievements of both the player and the club. If all are met, these add-ons are worth a maximum of €2m.

The player, meanwhile, has agreed a contract with the Giallorossi that runs until 30 June 2024.

“I am very happy to play for this great club, with so many great players,” Veretout said.

“I am looking forward to sharing a great new phase of my career with some fantastic teammates.”

The versatile midfielder spent the past two seasons in Florence with La Viola. In total he made 75 appearances for the club, scoring 15 goals.

A product of the youth system at French side Nantes, Veretout has previously also played in the Premier League for Aston Villa and for Saint-Etienne – where he also tasted Europa League football for the first time.

“I am really pleased to be able to bring Jordan to the club,” said Gianluca Petrachi, the club’s sporting director.

“From the very start of negotiations I recognised his eagerness to come here and wear the club’s colours. I am certain that his desire and technical qualities will prove a vital part of the side we are building.”

Veretout has represented France at various youth levels during his career. He was a member of the team that won the Under-20 World Cup in 2013.

19. King Binny

Darnell Furlong - West Brom (reportedly £1.5m)

Article:
    Albion have completed their fourth summer signing with the capture of defender Darnell Furlong from QPR.

The right-back, 23, arrives for an undisclosed fee and has signed a four-year deal at The Hawthorns having passed his medical.

Furlong follows in the footsteps of Filip Krovinović, Kenneth Zohore and Semi Ajayi in joining Slaven Bilić's Baggies squad.

Furlong came through the ranks at QPR, signing his first professional contract with the Loftus Road side in March 2014 before making his Premier League debut just under a year later aged 19.

The Luton-born full-back, who is the son of former QPR, Birmingham City and Chelsea striker Paul Furlong, has made a total of 72 appearances for the R's, scoring twice, as well as enjoying loan spells with Northampton Town, Cambridge United and Swindon Town.

Christian Walton - Blackburn Rovers (loan)

Article: Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Christian Walton from Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 23-year-old arrives at Ewood Park on a season-long loan and becomes Rovers' fourth signing of the summer.

After progressing through Plymouth Argyle's youth system, Walton joined Brighton in February 2013 at the age of 17.

He made his senior Seagulls debut in a League Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in October 2014, before starting back-to-back Championship games at home to Wigan Athletic and Rovers a month later.

Following short loan spells with Bury and then Plymouth during the 2015-16 season, the young keeper spent the first half of the 2016-17 campaign on loan at League Two side Luton Town, starting 33 games, before being recalled by Brighton at the end of January.

Walton then ended the season on loan at Southend United in League One, making a further seven starts.

The towering stopper, who stands at 6ft 5in tall, has spent the past two seasons with Wigan Athletic, helping them secure promotion back to the second tier.

He kept 19 clean sheets in 31 league appearances during the 2017-18 season, as the Latics pipped Rovers to the League One title, whilst also keeping a shut-out in the 1-0 victory over Manchester City in the FA Cup.

Walton returned to the DW Stadium for a second loan spell last season, starting 34 league games and playing a prominent role in Wigan securing their Championship status.

The talented shot-stopper has also earned international honours with England, represented the Three Lions at Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level.

The new signing is expected to be part of the Rovers squad that travels to Bury for a pre-season friendly tomorrow night.

Welcome, Walton!

20. King Binny

Joelinton - Newcastle (£40m)

Article:
    Newcastle United have completed the permanent signing of forward Joelinton from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for an undisclosed club record fee.

The 22-year-old becomes the Magpies’ first signing of the summer, putting pen to paper on a six-year deal which will keep him at St. James’ Park until the summer of 2025.

The Brazilian frontman will wear the coveted number nine shirt for United, and could make his bow for the club in Saturday’s pre-season friendly at Preston North End.

Joelinton began his career at Sport Recife in his homeland, making his first team debut at the age of 16 and netting three times in 12 outings before his move to the Bundesliga in June 2015.

A year after joining Hoffenheim, he joined Rapid Wien on loan for two seasons, where he went on to net 21 goals in 79 appearances during a productive spell in the Austrian capital.

On his return to the PreZero Arena, Joelinton established himself in the German side’s attack, where his 11 goals in 35 games – including one in the Champions League, against Lyon – helped Hoffenheim secure a ninth-placed finish last term.

“I’m really happy to be here,” said Joelinton. “I know it’s a large investment that the club has made in me, and that comes with a huge responsibility.

“I’m highly motivated and hope to give back on the pitch.”

Head coach Steve Bruce added: “The kid’s got an exciting time ahead of him. He’s a smashing young player and we’re obviously delighted to get him. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him is great for everybody.

“He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important.

“He’s learned the history and wanted it (the number nine shirt), and that’s always a big shirt to fill. But in his eyes, it was ‘bring it on – it’s what I’m here for’. He’s risen to that challenge, and I’m sure he will be a big, big favourite of the supporters. He’s got an incredible work-rate about him, he’s got a really good humility about him, and all the attributes a top striker needs.”