• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

Should put an end to one of the most frequently linked player to us.

ACF Fiorentina has loaned left midfielder Juan Manuel Vargas to Genoa CFC. The Peruvian international made 124 appearances for the Viola over the last four seasons, scoring 15 goals.

Serie A club Fiorentina have announced that Juan Manuel Vargas has moved to Genoa, with Nenad Tomovic coming the other way in a swap deal.

The move - first reported as being in the pipeline earlier this week - was confirmed in a short statement on Fiorentina's official website on Friday.

Vargas, 28, has moved to Genoa on a season-long loan, and the two clubs have agreed a fee to make the move permanent at the end of the campaign. The Peru international winger has also played for Universitario Colon and Catania.

Tomovic, 25, moves to Florence in an initial co-ownership deal. The central defender has represented Serbia at Under-21, Olympic and full international levels.

the mourinho "daddy' stuff is just fucking weird . is there any footballer out there that isn't a fucking pleb ? That could be Binny's biggest ever challenge to try and find.

6 million for van der wiel!??! This is the same guy linked with madrid and chelsea ... WOW, great business.
I think his poor performance during the Euros this summer made most clubs loose interest and his value plunged down tremendously.

Van der Wiel's contract was ending in Jun 2013. Apparently turned down moves to Newcastle and Roma.

A14UR5zCEAE6jQ0.jpg

we should have got babel back , at the very least for his rapping skillz (note hip use of 'z' there )

2012-09-03_raul11.jpg

fenerbahce £8m.

Strange in a way that he only lasted a year at chelsea also . I still don't fully understand why we converted him from a defensive , or at least deep lying midfielder , into a more advanced one .

If all of this shitty transfer stuff is going on across Europe then maybe a new rule should be bought in that sets the deadline for National League transfers, and another deadline that allows transfers to take place with other leagues in Europe who are still open for business.

Hulk and Axel Witsel to Zenit St Petersburg for reportedly €80 million.

"It's now official. Both players had signed five-year deals," Zenit spokesman Dmitry Tsimmerman was reported as saying by Rueters.

"We were trying to sign them before the September 3 deadline for the Champions League so they can play for us in that competition as well as the Russian league."

Ru$$ia...

Combined fee reportedly €80 million

news.56035.545x410.jpg

Axel Witsel - Zenit St. Petersburg

Axel Witsel is coming to St. Petersburg!

Zenit continues to strengthen its side. Zenit will also be joined by Belgian halfback Axel Witsel, who earlier played for Benfica of Portugal. Witsel`s contract is for a term of five years.

Axel Thomas Witsel was born on January 12, 1989, in Liège, Belgium.

Witsel made his debut with Standard Liège at the age of 17 on September 17, 2006. Witsel was named the young player of the year in Belgium in the 2007/2008 season, and the league player of the year. Witsel twice won the Belgian league and Super Cup, and won the Belgian Cup once.

Witsel moved to Benfica on July 13, 2011. He won the Portuguese League Cup with Benfica.

Witsel debuted for the Belgian national team on March 26, 2008.

Witsel can play both as a central halfback and on the wing, which makes him a universal player in the offensive line.

FC Zenit welcomes Axel Witsel to St. Petersburg and wishes him success in his new team!

news.56034.545x410.jpg

Hulk - Zenit St. Petersburg

Brazilian national team forward Givanildo Vieira de Souza, nicknamed Hulk, will be continuing his career in St. Petersburg. Zenit signed Hulk to a 5 year contract on Monday evening, September 3rd. Hulk will play for Zenit as number 29.

Givanildo Vieira de Souza, commonly known as Hulk (he got his nickname from his father in honor of the famous comic book character), was born on July 25, 1986, in the city of Campina Grande, in the state of Paraíba, Brazil.

Hulk started his football career at the age of 16 for Vitória, then moved in February, 2005, to the Japanese club Kawasaki Frontale on loan, in the second Japanese league. There Hulk scored 25 goals in 38 matches. Hulk then moved to Tokyo Verdy, where he scored another 44 goals in 55 matches.

Hulk then went to Porto in July, 2008. He won the Portuguese league title three times in Porto, and also won the Portuguese Cup and Super Cup, as well the Europa League title.

Hulk debuted in the Brazilian national team on November 14th, 2009, and played 14 matches for the national side, scoring 5 goals. He also took part in this summer`s Olympic Games in London, winning a silver medal and scoring in the final vs. Mexico.

Hulk can play as a center forward or as a right or left winger.

FC Zenit welcomes Hulk to St. Petersburg and wishes him success in his new team!

According to De Boer 'two English top clubs' also tried to sign him this window. Mention this as we've been linked with him heavily in the past.

He's a wonderkid in Football Manager. Is he gonna be as good or better than the likes of Eriksen?

How come Ajax keep snaffling up all the young danes, Kris?
There's a long history of the best young Danish players being snapped up by Ajax in particular, and we also love to send our players to Holland as we are often trying to emulate the Holland way of football and more precisely the Ajax 4-3-3.

Ajax are in talks with AaB with regards to striker Nicklas Helenius, 21, who's tipped to lead the line on the Danish national team in the absence of Bendtner. Would make him the 7th current Dane in Ajax which would be a record I believe.

He's a wonderkid in Football Manager. Is he gonna be as good or better than the likes of Eriksen?
That is a tough question but to be honest I don't think that many out there will be better than Eriksen.

Danish Lucas has got some obvious key skills with his pace and trickery as well as decent technique. He did however not look like the prospect he was meant to be if you listened to some pundits and managers at first, but now, after 41 league appearances in the best Danish league, at the tender age of 17, he really started to look the deal and I finally understood our interest - which obviously could have faded now for all I know :)

Very clever on the ball, good at picking out the deep pass and finding the space himself. Seems a level-headed lad which certainly is a plus as well.

For me at the moment he's not quite up there in terms of talent as Eriksen, Boilesen and Fischer, but to be honest, he has surprised me a fair deal and I am guilty in forgetting he's still only 17 at times. None of the other Ajax starlets mentioned above got their debut in Denmark before moving - and Lucas has amassed 41 games already.

Very interesting to follow his progress.

Nathan Eccleston - Blackpool

Nathan Eccleston says he is delighted to have signed for Blackpool after his transfer from Liverpool was finally completed on deadline day.

The 21-year-old only managed nine senior games in his time at Anfield, so was glad to hear of Ian Holloway's interest and the possibility of more first team football with the Seasiders.

The youngster has signed a one-year deal with the option of a further year and is looking forward to pulling on the tangerine shirt for the first time.

"I've been at the club for seven years but I think Blackpool was the right place to come," said Eccleston. "It's a new challenge for me and I obviously want to go out there and start doing the business, so it's a great opportunity for me.

"I'm coming to a team that are at the peak of their football and I don't expect to walk into any team. I've got to come here and earn my spot and hopefully when I do that I can stay in the team."

Eccleston will be following in the footsteps of his new teammate, Thomas Ince after the winger swapped Anfield for Bloomfield Road in August 2011.

"Blackpool is a fantastic club. I've spoken to Thomas a lot since he signed here and he's said how great the supporters are and how good the management is here and what a good place it is to come and learn your trade."

Eccleston is using Ince's development as inspiration and hopes he can create a similar impact to what his fellow team-mate did in his first season at the club.

"Tom is a prime example of what you can achieve if you've got confidence in your own ability," added Eccleston. "It's not an easy decision to leave a big team like Liverpool and I remember having a conversation before he left there and they were still offering a contract, but Tom is the type of player, like a lot of young players in England, that just want to go out there and make a name for themselves."

Back
Top Bottom