• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2015/16)

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Serge Aurier - PSG (reportedly €10 million)
71017.jpg

[article=http://www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/71017/Le-Paris-Saint-Germain-leve-l-option-d-achat-de-Serge-Aurier]Paris Saint-Germain is happy to announce it has triggered the option to buy clause for Serge Aurier. The Côte d'Ivoire international has signed a contract with the club until June 2019.

After joining the club in July 2014, Serge Aurier has played 14 matches for Paris Saint-Germain, including 12 in Ligue 1. He has scored one goal and provided two assists this season and played in the final of the 2015 Coupe de la Ligue, winning his second trophy with Les Rouge et Bleu after the 2014 Trophée des Champions.

His excellent performances at right-back over the last two seasons have seen him called up to the Côte d'Ivoire national team where he has earned 17 caps, playing in the 2014 World Cup before winning the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

Serge Aurier declared: "The project here at Paris Saint-Germain is exceptional. I am enjoying magnificent season, both on an individual and team level. I am very proud that the Club is again showing its confidence in me. I will continue to progress to help the team reach the summits of the game, both in France and Europe."

"Serge Aurier is a young player with enormous potential. Like his young teammates, he represents the future of Paris Saint-Germain. It was logical that we trigger the option to buy. The Club's project continues, especially our policy of conserving our best young players. Serge will become an essential element of the team in the future," highlighted Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al Khelaifi.[/article]

Anthony Ujah - Werder Bremen (reportedly €5 million)
schroederujaheichinstadion630.jpg

[article=https://www.werder.de/en/profis/54545.php]SV Werder Bremen are pleased to announce their first signing for next season. The Green-Whites have signed striker Anthony Ujah from 1. FC Köln. Ujah, who has scored ten goals so far this season, has signed a four year deal until 30th June 2019. The Nigeria international successfully completed his medical over the past few days.

"We've spent a lot of time watching him to build up a comprehensive picture. He's a quick striker who is dangerous in front of goal and will continue develop with us," said Werder sporting director Thomas Eichin. "Anthony ticks all the boxes - he plays with a lot of passion and power, he's very strong and strong in the air. We're convinced that Anthony Ujah fits in with our style of play," explained Rouven Schröder.

Anthony Ujah began his career at Norwegian first division side Lilleström SK before moving to 1. FSV Mainz 05 in 2011. The Nigeria international has made 42 Bundesliga appearances for Mainz and 1. FC Köln, as well as 62 appearances in the 2. Bundesliga. This season, the 24-year-old has scored ten goals and provided three assists for Köln.[/article]

Davie Selke - Red Bull Leipzig (reportedly €8 million)
3,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

[article=http://www.espnfc.com/story/2376029/davie-selke-to-leave-werder-bremen-for-rb-leipzig]RB Leipzig have announced the signing of Werder Bremen attacker Davie Selke.

Selke will join Leipzig -- a controversial franchise of Austrian soft drink giant Red Bull -- for a reported transfer fee of €8 million on a five-year contract.

The 20-year-old is the first acquisition for the up-and-coming club ahead of what looks set to be another season in Germany's second tier.

"He's one of the most interesting talents in the under-21 department and has shown his qualities in the Bundesliga as well as for the various Germany junior teams," Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick, a former Bundesliga coach at Schalke, Hoffenheim, Hannover and Stuttgart, said.

This season, Selke has become a permanent fixture in Bremen's starting lineup, scoring six goals, and setting up another four, in 23 games.

"He's one of only a few players who still embodies the classic striker. Big, fast, dynamic and always dangerous," Rangnick said.

"In the summer, a new and exciting chapter begins for me," Selke said. "I want to play my part to take a very ambitious club far."

Werder Bremen are set to receive €8 million for the attacker, who joined the club from Hoffenheim in January 2013, and only in September extended his contract until 2018.

"The financial parameters are very attractive for us," CEO Thomas Eichin told kicker. "They give us a scope for the shaping of our squad."

Last summer, Selke scored six goals for Germany as they won the Under-19 European Championship in Hungary.

This made him the top scorer of the tournament, and he also equalled Alvaro Morata's record from the 2011 championship.

He has so far featured for all Germany junior teams up until the under-20 level, and has scored 21 goals in 30 appearances for his country.[/article]

Joshua Kimmich - Bayern Munich (reportedly €7 million)
2129471_w2.jpg

[article=http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2015/bayern-sign-joshua-kimmich-020114.php]FC Bayern Munich and VfB Stuttgart have agreed transfer terms for Germany U-19 European Championship winner Joshua Kimmich (19). The defensive midfielder is currently with second division RB Leipzig but returns to his former club Stuttgart at the end of the season in line with an option clause in the player’s contract. Kimmich will join Bayern on 1 July 2015.

Both Matthias Sammer and Pep Guardiola identified Kimmich as a target for FCB. The Baden-Württemberg-born midfielder featured for Germany at the U-17, U-18 and U-19 levels and is currently a member of the national U-21 squad. Kimmich will sign a contract keeping him at FC Bayern until 30 June 2020. The player moves from Stuttgart to Munich for an undisclosed fee.[/article]

Arkadiusz Milik - Ajax (reportedly €2.5 million)
201158_201155_2015-04-01%20Contr%20Milik%200011_600x338_600x338.jpg

[article=http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-Nieuws/Ajax-Nieuws/Ajax-nieuws-artikel/201158/Ajax-signs-Arek-Milik.htm]Ajax have made Arkadiusz Milik's loan move from Bayer Leverkusen permanent, with the striker signing a deal until 2019.

Milik, 21, joined Leverkusen from Gornik Zabrze in January 2013 for a reported fee of €2.5 million, but failed to make an impact in his first six months at the club after being dubbed "the new Robert Lewandowski."

Following just six appearances for the Bundesliga side, the Poland international was loaned to Augsburg last season, before joining Ajax on loan for the current campaign.

That deal included an option for Ajax to purchase Milik for €2.5 million, and following his 23 goals in 33 matches this season, the Eredivisie club have opted to make the move permanent.

An official Ajax statement read: "Ajax has reached an agreement with Arek Milik and Bayern Leverkusen. In Amsterdam, the centre forward has signed an agreement which goes into effect on July 1, 2015, and runs for four seasons, until June 30, 2019."[/article]

Jarrett Rivers - Blackpool (undisclosed fee)
CEZsX5mWgAAph0Y.jpg

[article=http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/deal-agreed-for-rivers-2445467.aspx#AmGbgukDvK5JrKcq.99]A deal has been agreed with Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division side Blyth Spartans for the transfer of Jarrett Rivers.

The winger, 21, will join Blackpool on 1 July for an undisclosed fee after signing an initial one-year deal with an option of a further year.

Rivers, who was recently named Northern Premier League Young Player of the Year, has scored 12 goals in 51 appearances this season, including a stunning strike against Hartlepool United in a second round FA Cup victory.

"I've had personal success in the past taking players from non league, having signed Lee Novak while at Huddersfield and Matt Green at Birmingham City," manager Lee Clark said.

"Jarrett's got a good football upbringing from his days as a youngster at Middlesbrough and he's an exciting player who makes and scores goals.

"He's been one of the outstanding players in a successful season for Blyth Spartans, starring in their FA Cup run and play-off push. His efforts this season have seen him rewarded with a Young Player of the Year award and a call-up to the England C team."

As part of the deal, Blackpool will face Blyth Spartans in a pre-season friendly at Croft Park on Tuesday 14 July, kick-off 7.30pm.[/article]

Serge Aurier, someone we were banging on about last year. Instead of Manquillo and Moreno? duh!!!

Artem Dzyuba - Zenit St Petersburg (free transfer)
1900927_w2.jpg

(Article dated 7 Feb 2015)
[article=http://www.espnfc.com/story/2285830/russia-striker-artyom-dzyuba-to-join-zenit-from-spartak-moscow]Zenit St. Petersburg have announced they will sign Russia striker Artyom Dzyuba from Spartak Moscow on a free transfer when his current contract expires in the summer.

Dzyuba, 26, has been a Spartak player since childhood -- except for loan spells -- and was the Russian Premier League's second-highest scorer last season with 17 goals while on loan at FC Rostov.

His move to Zenit went ahead despite opposition from Russian Sports Minister and former Zenit president Vitaly Mutko, who said he would prefer Dzyuba to stay at the club which developed him.

Dzyuba, who has scored twice in eight appearances for Russia, is rapidly becoming a key player for Russia ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

He has scored seven goals in 14 games for Spartak this season.[/article]

Max Kruse - Wolfsburg (reportedly €12 million)
krusemax.jpg

[article=https://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/en/info/news/detailspage/artikel/max-kruse-joins-the-wolves-37909.html]Striker Max Kruse is making the move from Borussia Mönchengladbach to VfL Wolfsburg. The eleven-time German international has signed a four-year deal, tying him to the Wolves until June 30th, 2019. The details of the deal remain undisclosed by all involved parties.

"We are delighted that Max Kruse made the decision to move to VfL Wolfsburg. He’s exactly the type of striker that we were missing in our squad and he boosts the quality and variation within our attack," commented VfL Director of Sport Klaus Allofs. Coach Dieter Hecking is also very much looking forward to working together with the 27 year old: "Max is a technically gifted, pacy and goal-hungry front man, who has great qualities as a provider for others too. He has continued to develop positively in recent years and he is a true leader in his team. With him as an attacking option, we have even more quality, with a view to the coming season’s challenges in the league and on in international competition."

Max Kruse was born in Reinbek, near Hamburg, on March 19th, 1988. The front man has played for Werder Bremen, FC St. Pauli, SC Freiburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach in the Bundesliga, totting up some 131 appearances in the top-flight and scoring 35 goals. The striker has also won eleven caps with the German national team, scoring one goal. "I am really looking forward to taking the next step in my career in Wolfsburg. After having some very good discussions with Klaus Allofs and Dieter Hecking, it was clear to me that I wanted to make the move to VfL. The style of football suits me and there is real quality in the squad. My complete concentration is now on the final three games of the season with Borussia Mönchengladbach, but after the summer break, I want to play my part in achieving success in the future with VfL Wolfsburg."[/article]

Nathan - Chelsea (reportedly £4.5million)
3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjBnO_4SLA

[article=http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/05/chelsea-to-sign-nathan.html?]Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we have agreed terms with Atletico Paranaense for the transfer of Nathan.

The 19-year-old Brazilian will join us on 1 July. Nathan, who has passed a medical and agreed personal terms, has earned a reputation as an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal and impressive pace.

Nathan said: ‘I am very happy to be joining Chelsea, the champions of England, and I hope I will be able to learn a lot and develop my game.’

Nathan, full name Nathan Allan de Souza, has represented Brazil at Under-17 and Under-20 level. He scored five goals in five games at the Under-17 World Cup in 2013 before being named in the team of the tournament.[/article]

Nathan - Chelsea (reportedly £4.5million)
chelsea-to-sign-nathan.img.png

[article=http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/05/chelsea-to-sign-nathan.html?]Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we have agreed terms with Atletico Paranaense for the transfer of Nathan.

The 19-year-old Brazilian will join us on 1 July. Nathan, who has passed a medical and agreed personal terms, has earned a reputation as an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal and impressive pace.

Nathan said: ‘I am very happy to be joining Chelsea, the champions of England, and I hope I will be able to learn a lot and develop my game.’

Nathan, full name Nathan Allan de Souza, has represented Brazil at Under-17 and Under-20 level. He scored five goals in five games at the Under-17 World Cup in 2013 before being named in the team of the tournament.[/article]

this transfer can't go wrong can it?

the lad doesn't make it, they will prob get 2m or so for him.

he becomes mediocre, they sell him for 10m or so.

he's great and they keep him.

Massimo Oddo - Pescara (Head coach)
11233494_988882671199615_8175773207641351962_n.jpg

[article]Serie B side Pescara have sacked Coach Marco Baroni and appointed Massimo Oddo.

The Delfini were beaten 2-1 away to Varese this afternoon, seeing them slip out of the promotion play-off places.

They can still qualify with the final match of the regular season against Livorno.

The club decided to sack Baroni before that last round, promoting Oddo from the Primavera youth team bench.[/article]

On a sidenote, Christian Panucci is currently in charge of Livorno (appointed in Mar 2015).

Simon Poulsen - PSV (free transfer)
cid37134_Contractondertekening-SimonPoulsen980x480.jpg

[article=https://www.psv.nl/english-psv/news/article/poulsen-joins-psv-from-az.htm]30-year-old Danish defender Simon Poulsen has signed a two-year deal with PSV on a free transfer from AZ.

Left back Poulsen, 7 October 1984, successfully passed a medical on Friday before he put pen to paper on a two-year deal with PSV, in the company of technical director Marcel Brands. The Denmark international started his career in his native country in 2002 and joined AZ in 2008. He made a move to Sampdoria in 2012 to return to Alkmaar one-and-a-half years later. He won the Johan Cruijff Shield in 2009 and played at the 2010 World Cup and at the Euro 2012. Poulsen is PSV´s second summer signing.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to be offered a contract by the Eredivisie champions and play at the Philips Stadion in Eindhoven”, told Poulsen PSV TV. “I would like to play my part for PSV in winning the league title next season. I will give my all and I hope I will be given a chance to shine here”, said the Dane.

“Abel Tamata will leave PSV at the end of the season and we have now strengthened our defensive options with the signing of Poulsen. He is very experienced player and will provide great cover for Jetro Willems and play a positive role in the squad. He has been in the Netherlands for quite some time and has a perfect command of the language”, said Brands, speaking to PSV TV. “When we approached him for this role with PSV, he was immediately very enthusiastic and we wasted no time in offering him a contract.”[/article]

Akaki Gogia - Brentford (free transfer)
Akaki-Gogia-wechselt-in-die-zweite-englische-Liga.jpg

[article=http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-sign-akaki-gogia-2459494.aspx#iHfg57d4oQib4EqH.99]Brentford have signed Akaki Gogia on a Bosman free transfer.

The 23-year-old will become a Brentford player in July when his contract with German 3. Liga side Hallescher FC expires this summer.

Akaki, born in Rustavi in Georgia, has previously won Youth International honours with Germany at Under- 18 and Under-19 level.

He started his senior career with VfL Wolfsburg, spending loan periods with FC Augsburg and FC St. Pauli before his move to Hallescher FC in 2013.

Akaki, who has signed a long term contract at Griffin Park, will link-up with the First Team Squad when they return for pre-season training in July.[/article]

Scott Sinclair - Aston Villa (£2.5 million)
0,,10265~13497030,00.jpg

[article=http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4729463,00.html]Scott Sinclair is looking forward to a bright claret and blue future after Premier League survival triggered a permanent move from Manchester City.

The winger is now committed to the club for the next four years after initially signing on a loan deal in January for the rest of the 2014-15 term.

Sinclair has impressed with some fine wing displays since that New Year move.

He has scored three goals since arriving - a fine effort in the FA Cup quarter-final with West Brom, one in the previous round against Leicester City and a headed effort against Stoke in Tim Sherwood's first game in charge.

The former Swansea star is excited about the coming years - and eager to show his quality for the club.

He said: "I am so happy.

"We've had a fantastic end to the current season - and now I am already looking forward to the new season starting.

"It's also great for me and the family to be settled now.

"For every footballer, it's important to have that stability. I believe that will help me perform better and push on for this great club in the coming years.

"It's so much different than when you're on loan and going here, there and everywhere.

"It was important for the family to have that stability and I'm thrilled it's with a club like Villa.

"This is the happiest I have been in a long time.

"Now it's about kicking on with my career in claret and blue.

"I have already loved every minute of playing for this club. To be a permanent Villa player now is a fantastic feeling.

"I feel I made a good start when I joined on loan and it's just a shame that I got injured.

"Obviously I got fit again but the team has been doing well and I've, rightly, had to bide my time.

"My aim now in the closing two weeks is giving 100% in training and waiting for my next chance.

"In the summer, I will have a nice break. Saying that, I am not sure it will be much of a break because the missus will be having a baby in the next four weeks!

"But when I come back for pre-season, it's about me being fit and firing and I will definitely be raring to go."[/article]

Scott Sinclair ... a talented kid who left a club where he was on the right path far too early and stalled his career ...

Uwe Rosler - Leeds Utd (Head Coach)
uwe-rosler_5qjcjf76k50n11hmqrh7bvg31.jpg

[article=http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/6lode4gb1vvd140hwkb9ls7dm/title/uwe-rosler-named-head-coach#sthash.lXn0AMO2.dpuf]Leeds United are pleased to confirm that Uwe Rosler has been appointed as the club’s new head coach on a two-year deal.

Rosler, a former East Germany international, has built-up a strong reputation, particularly in English football, during his 10-year managerial career to date.

His playing career spanned 16 years and was largely spent in the German leagues before 1994 brought a move to Manchester City, where he was inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame after four fruitful years produced 64 goals in 176 appearances.

Two years back in Germany followed – with FC Kaiserslautern and Tennis Borussia Berlin – before he soon returned to England in 2000, joining Southampton on a free transfer and then heading to West Brom on loan.

Sadly for Rosler, his playing career was brought to a premature end while representing Norwegian side Lillestrom in 2003. Just 34 at the time, he was diagnosed with lung cancer which forced him into early retirement from the game.

But he battled his way to a full recovery, obtaining his coaching badges while in remission, and took charge of Lillestrom in 2005 with former United defender Gunnar Halle as his assistant.

Rosler spent two years at the helm before moving to fellow Norwegian Premier League outfit Viking, where he spent three years and led the club to a third-place finish. He remained in Norway for his next job, moving to Molde on a short-term contract.

2011 brought his first management opportunity in English football as he took the reins at Griffin Park and guided Brentford to their highest finish in six years during his first season at the club. His second season saw the Bees agonisingly miss out on promotion from League One after losing to Yeovil in the play-off final.

Rosler’s stock was high and in December of Brentford’s 2013/14 promotion-winning campaign, he was poached by Championship side Wigan Athletic, who he guided into the play-offs and the semi-finals of the FA Cup after a remarkable turnaround in form. However, following a slow start to the last season, Rosler parted company with Wigan in November.[/article]

Chris Ramsey - QPR (Head Coach)
CFXRh3MWYAA6lYW.jpg

[article=http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-appointed-qpr-head-coach-2018-2461411.aspx]Chris Ramsey has been appointed Head Coach at QPR.

Ramsey has signed a three year contract at Loftus Road until the summer of 2018.

Chairman Tony Fernandes believes the 53 year-old – who took over the position on a temporary basis following Harry Redknapp’s resignation in February – is the right man to lead Rangers into the future, commenting: “When Chris took over the role we were already in a very difficult position, yet despite our relegation, we – as a board – have been impressed with the professionalism and attention to detail he has demonstrated since becoming Head Coach.

“He lives and breathes management and coaching, and I am sure he will flourish in this role, as we look to bounce back from this season’s disappointments.

“This is a new start for us and one I am confident Chris will relish playing a major part in.”

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, added: “From the board, to the players, to the staff, Chris has impressed everyone here in his short time in charge.

“His coaching methods and techniques are second to none and with an opportunity to work with new players going forward, he is the ideal candidate for the role in terms of our new philosophy of nurturing young talent and promoting from within.

“Rebuilding the club is our first target. If we can make an immediate return to the Premier League, then great, but we have to focus on re-establishing the traditions of QPR. That will take time, but in Chris we have a man who is relishing the challenge that lies ahead.”

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Ramsey expressed his delight at being handed the role on a permanent basis, commenting: “This is a fantastic opportunity for me and one I am tremendously excited about.

“I enjoyed my time in temporary charge, despite the way the season panned out, and now I’m looking forward to the challenge of helping rebuild this club over the coming years.

“I am fully aware of what this club means to its supporters and I intend to do everything possible to help build a QPR team they can be proud of.”

A further announcement regarding Ramsey’s backroom team will be made in due course.[/article]

Lee Hoos - QPR (CEO)
CFdfUisWIAAXy-1.jpg

[article=http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/lee-hoos-appointed-qpr-ceo-2464348.aspx#d0wohAB6QK57MEuJ.99]Lee Hoos will be joining Queens Park Rangers Football Club in the role of Chief Executive Officer.

The 53 year-old, who hails from Baltimore, USA, will officially join QPR for the 2015/16 season from Burnley, where he has held the CEO position since December 2011.

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes believes Hoos’ arrival completes the new-look senior management set-up at the club, commenting: “Lee was the stand-out individual from a very impressive list of candidates we spoke to during an extensive interview process, so I’m delighted he’s accepted the role of CEO.

“He has experience of working in football, which was key. He’s been responsible for creating and implementing strategies across all areas at his previous clubs, as well as overseeing the day-to-day running of the business, so he is exactly what we were looking for.

“With Lee’s arrival this summer, complementing the recent appointments of Chris Ramsey (Head Coach) and Perry Suckling (Academy Manager), we will have a full senior management team in place at a hugely important and transitional time for this club.

“We know there is a rebuilding job required here, and with Lee, Ruban Ghandinesen (Finance Director) and Les Ferdinand (Director of Football) working closely with myself and the shareholders, I believe we’ve got a structure in place to achieve our objectives of getting the club back on a level footing and re-establishing the traditions of QPR.”

Hoos has vast experience in football, having worked for Southampton, Leicester City and Fulham prior to his appointment at Turf Moor, and he is relishing the challenge of his new role at Loftus Road.

“I'm excited about working for QPR and the challenges that come with the role of being a CEO,” he told www.qpr.co.uk.

“I'm fully aware of the transitional phase this club is going through following its relegation to the Championship, but I am encouraged about the vision of the owners, and Les and Ruban, who I am looking forward to working alongside.

“I join with high hopes about the shared vision of everybody at the club. In my opinion, everybody has a part to play – from the owners, to the staff, to the fans.

“I’d like to think I’ve proved myself over the years I've been in the game. I’ve worked at four clubs now and gained lots of experience.

“This is a challenge, but one I'm going to relish.”[/article]

David Baldwin - Burnley (CEO)
baldwin-profile113-2064923.JPG

[article=http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/club-statement-lee-hoos-2464421.aspx#mq2DCjw1kgI27YsF.99]Burnley Football Club can confirm that Chief Executive Mr Lee Hoos is to leave his position.

Mr Hoos, who joined the club in December 2011, is departing for family reasons and will take up a position of CEO at Queens Park Rangers later this summer.

Chief Operating officer Mr David Baldwin, who arrived at Turf Moor from Bradford City last November, will take up the vacant role of Chief Executive.

In a statement co-chairmen Mr John Banaszkiewicz and Mr Mike Garlick said: “We are sorry to lose Lee and we thank him for his significant contribution.

“Since he arrived at the club over three years ago, he has helped to progress the club and provide a stable platform to move forwards.

“However, we have been aware of Lee’s desire to move closer to his family for some time and, as succession planning is key to any business, this was one of the reasons we employed David late last year.

“David has since bedded into the organisation well and is a natural fit to take over the Chief Executive role as we look to drive the club back towards the Premier League.”

Mr Hoos, who hails from Maryland in the United States of America, became the club’s first overseas Chief Executive when he joined Burnley from Leicester City, having previously held similar roles at Fulham and Southampton.

He added: “I am sorry to be leaving Turf Moor after an eventful three-and-a-half years.

“We have had an extremely challenging time, but I feel we have met those challenges head-on and following a year in the Premier League I take great pride in the fact that Burnley Football Club is now well placed to move forward.

“The club has many committed and wonderful people, both on and off the pitch, and I would personally like to thank them all for their efforts.

“I look forward to new challenges that lay ahead, but I wish the club every success in the future.”[/article]

David Perkins - Wigan (free transfer)
CFdmwBMVIAANZuv.jpg

[article=http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/david-perkins-agrees-to-join-wigan-athletic-from-blackpool-2464853.aspx#yhU9tuYxt15r6H35.99]David Perkins is due to officially become a Wigan Athletic player on July 1 after his contract with Blackpool expires, subject to him passing a medical at the DW Stadium next month.

The 32 year-old midfielder has agreed terms on a one-year deal with Latics having played over 300 matches in the Football League for Rochdale, Colchester United, Barnsley and Blackpool.

Latics manager Gary Caldwell moved quickly following the announcement he would be released from Blackpool and said:

“It’s a no brainer for me, I’ve always been impressed with his energy and willingness to give 100%, and we feel he can contribute greatly this season.

“He is a very combative player, always willing to work hard and I’m delighted to add him to the squad. We’ve been looking at him for a while and I’m sure he can do a good job for us.”

Born in Heysham near Lancaster, Perkins began his career with local side Morecambe, then a Football Conference outfit, spending seven years with the Shrimps from 2000 to 2007 and making 199 appearances in all competitions.

He moved on to Rochdale for a season, then Colchester United, with whom he won four end of season awards in 2011: Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year and Supporters’ Association Player of the Year both home and away.

He joined Barnsley in 2011 making his first step up into the Championship and helping the Tykes to consecutive survivals in 2011/12 and 2012/13.

The following season he joined Blackpool on a free transfer, accumulating 67 appearances before the end of the 2014-15 season, in which he played in all but one of the Tangerines’ 46 fixtures.[/article]

Mark Yates - Crawley Town (First Team Manager)
CFX7K98WIAAOANv.jpg

[article=http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/mark-yates-crawley-town-2462143.aspx]Crawley Town are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Yates as our new First Team Manager.

Mark has signed a two-year contract at the Checkatrade.com Stadium.

As a player, the 45-year-old represented Birmingham City, Burnley, Lincoln City, Cheltenham, Doncaster Rovers and Kidderminster.

He was part of the Birmingham City side that won the 1991 Leyland DAF (now Johnstone's Paint) Trophy final at Wembley and played a key role as Cheltenham captain in securing promotion to the

Football League and promotion to League One in 2002.

He began his coaching career assisting Steve Cotterill at Burnley before taking his first management job at Kidderminster Harriers.

In his first season he led Harriers to the FA Trophy final against Stevenage Borough before returning to Cheltenham as Manager. In successive seasons, 2012 and 2013, he guided Cheltenham to the League Two play-offs and at the time of his departure from Whaddon Road last November he was the third longest serving manager in English football.

Mark said: "I'm delighted to be here. I have been out of the game for a few months and when this opportunity it really excited me.

"There's a big challenge ahead but one I am really looking forward too."

Chief Executive Michael Dunford said: “We’re delighted that Mark has agreed to join us. We interviewed some very strong candidates but Mark stood out.

“He has a very deep knowledge of the level we find ourselves at next season and is a first-rate coach. The board spoke to several people in the game who have worked with Mark and they were all very positive about his credentials, his knowledge and his enthusiasm and we are looking forward to Mark taking the club forward."[/article]

Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Feyenoord (Head Coach)
d3ccc9360ff9a87796d1908a82549ad5_800_0.jpg

[article=http://www.feyenoord.com/news/news-overview/Van%20Bronckhorst-Feyenoord%E2%80%99s-new-head-coach]Giovanni van Bronckhorst has been given the job of head coach at Feyenoord staring next season. The forty-year-old, a former player and currently assistant coach, will take over from Fred Rutten, who leaves the club at the end of this season. Van Bronckhorst and Feyenoord have reached agreement on a two-year contract. Jean-Paul van Gastel will stay on as assistant coach and will sign a new three-year deal shortly.

Van Bronckhorst, who has played an important role alongside Van Gastel as assistant to Ronald Koeman and Rutten over the past four seasons, says it is a ‘huge honour’ to be asked to take on head coach duties at De Kuip.

‘That I will now be head coach at the club where I once started as an F junior and to which I returned after a long career fills me with pride and I am therefore extremely appreciative of the trust Feyenoord has put in me,’ said Van Bronkhorst, who earned 106 international caps for Oranje. ‘I have learned a lot from both Ronald Koeman and Fred Rutten as an assistant coach. A fantastic challenge now awaits me together with Jean-Paul and my staff and I’m really looking forward to it.’

‘It is good for the club that there is now clarity ahead of next season,’ Gio continued, emphasising that his appointment will not change the way the current technical staff work. ‘In the remaining phase of this season Jean-Paul and I will assist Fred Rutten with the same commitment and dedication as has been the case over the past months. The focus is fully on finishing this season well, achieving the very best with the whole team.’

Martin van Geel expressed his satisfaction on behalf of the club at the agreement with Van Bronckhorst and Van Gastel. ‘We are convinced that Giovanni is ready for this step after three years under Ronald Koeman and a year under Fred Rutten,’ said the club’s technical director. ‘The good discussions we have had over the past period have only served to strengthen that feeling. We are delighted that Gio, as a real Feyenoord man, is taking on the challenge with us and of course also that Jean Paul is staying at the club.’

Van Geel also explained why Van Gastel would pen a three-year contract on Feyenoord’s request, while Van Bronckhorst has agreed a two-year deal. ‘We see Jean-Paul not only as an ambitious professional, but also someone who guards the culture of the club, who, due to his past as a youth coach, is also the ideal bridge towards our youth academy. That’s why we looked long term with him. In the coming period we will join forces to look for an experienced assistant coach to further strengthen and support the technical staff next season.’[/article]

Jan Wouters - Feyenoord (Assistant Manager)
580b54e1b547ed0de088672169558aa7-1429527959.jpg

[article=http://www.feyenoord.com/news/news-overview/Jan-Wouters-completes-coaching-team-for-2015-16-season]Jan Wouters has agreed to be new coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s assistant when the new regime is installed at De Kuip ahead of the 2015/16 season. The 54-year-old, who won 70 caps for the Dutch national team in a glittering career that saw him play for such clubs as Ajax, Bayern Munich and PSV, will sign a two-year contract in the near future.

The appointment marks a return to the Netherlands for Wouters, who started the season as the head of youth development at Kasimpasa SK in Turkey, where he later took over as caretaker coach. Wouters arrived in Turkey after three years at the helm at FC Utrecht, the club where he began his playing career. During his career, Wouters has also filled the head coach’s position at PSV (as a caretaker) and Ajax, as well as working as an assistant coach at Glasgow Rangers and for the Dutch national team.

‘We wanted to add an experienced assistant to our technical staff for coming season and we felt that Jan Wouters was the ideal candidate,’ said technical director Martin van Geel on Monday. ‘In him we have got someone with huge experience and a long CV. Bearing in mind his age and drive he meets our criteria, while Jan has no ambition to work as head coach at Feyenoord. For us he is an excellent and very suitable addition to our staff for next season.’

Wouters himself feels the approach from Feyenoord is a great honour. ‘Feyenoord is a fantastic club with a rich history and of course fabulous fans. I’m really looking forward to being part of that in the near future, while I see it as a big challenge to assist a young coach like Giovanni with my experience.’

Wouters is also happy to return to his homeland after this season’s adventure in Istanbul. ‘I have loved it in Turkey, but it’s nice to be closer to my family again. I’ve continued to follow the Dutch league and I have already briefly spoken with Giovanni. It would be great to compete for trophies with Feyenoord.’[/article]

Dirk Kuyt - Feyenoord (free transfer)
14850ea8c5f4bd96c0e04e95fc4303b2_740_0.jpg

[article=http://www.feyenoord.com/news/news-overview/Dirk-Kuyt-makes-Feyenoord-return]Dirk Kuyt will play in the red and white of Feyenoord again next season after signing a one-year deal at his home in Istanbul. The 34-year-old did so in the presence of technical director Martin van Geel, who flew into the Turkish capital to complete the signing. The popular striker returns to Feyenoord almost a decade after leaving De Kuip.

After penning the contract, Kuyt expressed his delight at the move. ‘It is the conclusion of nine great years abroad. I have had three wonderful years here in Turkey and won everything there is to win. It is now a good time to return. I’m in peak condition and I feel a great drive to make a success of my time at De Kuip. Hopefully there will be one difference from my first period. I really want to win something now.’

The news was greeted with cheers by his four children, who only heard about their relocation to the Netherlands after Kuyt signed his contract. ‘It says a lot about the role Feyenoord plays in our family,’ said the striker. ‘We watch Feyenoord games on TV when we can and our children have been wearing Feyenoord shirts for years. This is fantastic for me, but just as good for my family, who now return to the Netherlands and our favourite club.’

Technical director Van Geel expressed his pleasure at landing the striker. ‘This is a great day for Feyenoord and the fans. We are delighted that Dirk has returned to us. I have every confidence the he will be a very big player for the club. We have agreed a one-year contract, but that does not say everything about the intentions of both parties. Dirk can continue for many years. He feels he can become Feyenoord’s Ryan Giggs and we can add on a lot of extra years. I think this will be music to the ears of everyone connected with Feyenoord.’

Kuyt earned a place in fans’ hearts between 2003 and 2006, becoming one of the club’s most popular players this century. He started scoring goals almost as soon as he pulled on the shirt, finishing as the Eredivisie’s sharpest shooter in 2004-2005. He was voted player of the year in the Netherlands in 2006.

His hard work and willingness to fight for the cause clearly endeared Kuyt to the fans, who continue to have good memories of the striker. Indeed, Kuyt has been embraced by fans everywhere he has played.

After leaving De Kuip Kuyt experienced success at Liverpool and Fenerbahçe, and in the Dutch national team. He played for Liverpool in the 2007 Champions League final and made the World Cup final in 2010, getting to the semi-final four years later. [/article]

Teddy Sheringham - Stevenage (Manager)
10118867-large.jpg

[article=http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/stevenage-to-appoint-former-manchester-united-tottenham-and-england-striker-teddy-sheringham-as-manager-in-the-summer-2465804.aspx#72R5Fu5Wgf0TdUPS.99]Stevenage FC have confirmed that former Manchester United, Tottenham, West Ham and England international Teddy Sheringham will take over as as Manager in the summer.

The 49-year old will arrive at The Lamex Stadium from West Ham where he spent last season as attacking coach.

Teddy enjoyed a glittering 25-year playing career in which he scored 288 goals in 755 league games for nine clubs. As well as winning 51 England caps, he won three Premier League titles, an FA Cup and the Champions League with Manchester United.[/article]

[article=http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/teddy-sheringham-on-joining-stevenage-fc-2466253.aspx#HWd3yHtvMwELT0cD.99]“A lot of people have told me about what a lovely club it is. To say that I am excited is an understatement and I am really looking forward to next season.

“The aim is to do better than last season. I know that is a big aim but that should be the aim for the football club, whichever football club you are at.

“The chairman has said to me that I can be my own man and I am very pleased to hear that.”

Teddy says that despite going into the “unknown” somewhat; he is familiar with some of our players and watched us during the play-offs.

“I watched them in the play-offs and I have been very impressed. To get into the play-offs was a great season so the players are performing well which is a good thing to take into next season.

“I know a few of the boys, the likes of Chris Day were at Tottenham, I think Charlie Lee might have kicked me once or twice when he was coming through the ranks. I know Ronnie Henry too.

“We need to get a few in but I have started looking at that already over the last few days and I would like to get that work done as quick as we can.”

The new boss has plenty to do as he will begin to build a squad and backroom staff. Teddy says that choosing the right staff who know the league will be of utmost importance to him.

“I think that is very important. If there is one bit of advice that I have been given it is to make your backroom staff right. I won’t be rushing into it but at the same time I do need to get that sorted so I will be looking at that very closely over the next week.

“I know what to expect from a football match, there are different ways to win a football match and I am sure working for Stevenage I am going to see every different way it can be done. That is up to me to work out the best way for this club to play and produce results.”[/article]

Philipp Wollscheid - Stoke (undisclosed fee, reportedly £2.75 million)
_83155374_stoke.jpg

[article=http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/philipps-a-potter-2466513.aspx#od6XarfBLmYTmKHq.99]STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the Club has taken up the option to purchase Philipp Wollscheid from Bayer Leverkusen following his successful loan spell at the Britannia Stadium.

The 26-year-old central defender joined the Potters in January and went on to make 14 appearances as Mark Hughes' side secured a second successive top 10 Premier League finish.

The Club have exercised their right to pay an undisclosed fee for Wollscheid who agreed an initial three-year contract which will take effect from July 1.

City Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: "We're delighted to have secured Philipp's services on a permanent basis. He joined us midway through the season but wasted little time in making a big impression.

"Within days of arriving in England he made his debut against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium and went on to become an important member of Mark's squad.

"He's clearly enjoying life in England; he feels very settled here and had no hesitation in committing his long-term future to Stoke City."

Wollscheid made 12 Premier League appearances for the Potters and also played twice in the FA Cup.[/article]

Xavi - Al Sadd (free transfer)
021052015001.jpg

[article=http://www.espnfc.com/story/2460201/barcelona-star-xavi-hernandez-confirms-al-sadd-transfer]"I'd like to announce that I'm leaving Barca after this season," the former Spain international, who won the World Cup and two European Championships with his country, said. "The decision is definitive yet difficult.

"I've been at the club for almost 25 years but this is the time for me to leave. I have a thrilling project in Qatar -- I will play for Al Sadd the next two seasons.

"I also have an enthusiastic project in the Aspire academy [a sporting academy based in Qatar]. I will be able to work towards becoming a coach or a sporting director in the future."

"I had a very good offer to renew with Barca, but I didn't even tell my mother," he said. "I think the Qatar project is nice, and it's ideal for me. In the future I'd like to come back to Barca."

Xavi said he had little doubt that the club would prosper in his absence, despite having been central to much of their remarkable success over the last decade.

"Barca will continue to be great without me," he said. "I'm convinced. History is proof of that."

He said he "would like to be remembered as someone who always gave everything to Barca and the national team," adding: "I always tried to play for the team. I have a passion for football and I believe I have made the most of my abilities as a footballer."[/article]

Stefan Reinartz - Eintracht Frankfurt (free transfer)
s6z8i.jpg

[article]Leverkusen midfielder Stefan Reinartz joins league rivals Eintracht Frankfurt, both Bundesliga clubs confirmed on Friday.

The 26-year-old defensive midfielder played 16 years for the " Werkself" and will reinforce the "Eagles" for the upcoming season, as he inked a two-year deal until June 2017.

"We are delighted that Stefan has decided to join Eintracht Frankfurt. I am sure that such a quality player with his experience, can give our team an important impetus," Frankfurt's sporting director Bruno Huebner told the club's official homepage.

Reinartz knows the Bundesliga business as he made overall 147 appearances, providing eleven goals and ten assists. He made besides that three caps for Germany's national soccer team.

"Stefan Reinartz qualities will strengthen our midfield," Frankfurt coach Thomas Schaaf said.

The "Eagles" sit in on the 11th place of the table meanwhile Leverkusen occupy the 4th place, an UEFA Champions League play off spot.[/article]

Back
Top Bottom