• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2015/16)

Yuri Semin - Anzhi Makhachkala (Head Coach)
dynamo-kiev-s-coach-yuri.jpg

[article]Former Russia coach Yuri Semin has signed a one-year deal to take charge of Anzhi Makhachkala, the Premier League club said on Thursday.

The 68-year-old replaces Sergei Tashuev whose contract ran out after he led the team to promotion last season.

Semin has also previously coached Lokomotiv Moscow, Dynamo Kiev and Mordoviya Saransk.

Anzhi went on a brief spending spree and brought high-profile names like Samuel Eto'o and Guus Hiddink into the club.

Owner Suleyman Kerimov then decided to cut costs and the team were relegated at the end of the 2013-14 season.[/article]

André-Pierre Gignac - Tigres UANL (free transfer)
andre-pierre-gignac-tigres-arrive-to-monterrey-180615_1pfekqgiidxa31sokd8kmoic3c.jpg

Ikechukwu Uche - Tigres UANL (reportedly €3.5 million)
CHqIGFrUwAAwm0g.jpg

[article]UANL Tigres, determined to become the first Mexican team to win South America’s Libertadores Cup, have made a rare move into the European transfer market for the French striker André-Pierre Gignac and Nigerian forward Ikechukwu Uche.

Gignac, Ligue 1’s second highest scorer with 21 goals for Olympique Marseille last season, arrived in Mexico on Thursday for a medical and to sign for Tigres, who face a Libertadores Cup semi-final against Brazil’s Internacional next month.

“I’m very happy, I’ve come to win the league and the Libertadores,” Gignac said on arrival in the northern city of Monterrey, where Tigres are based.

“Incredible welcome, thank you all, we’re going to do big things,” Gignac said on Twitter.

The 29-year-old Gignac, a member of France’s 2010 World Cup squad, played for Lorient and Toulouse before joining Marseille that year.

Gignac arrived in Mexico the day after Uche and the pair could make their debuts for Tigres in the first leg of the team’s Libertadores Cup semi-final away to Inter on 15 July.

Uche, 31 and an African Nations Cup winner with Nigeria in 2013, has joined Tigres from Villarreal where he scored more than 30 goals in three seasons, having previously played for Recreativo Huelva, Getafe, Real Zaragoza and Granada.

The Mexican 2015-16 Apertura championship kicks off on 25 July.

The Mexican team play as guests in the Libertadores Cup, which went into a six-week break for the Copa América after the quarter-finals.

The closest a Mexican team has come to winning South America’s top club competition was when Cruz Azul lost the 2001 final to Boca Juniors and Guadalajara lost to Internacional in the 2010 final.[/article]

Slavoljub Muslin - Standard Liege (Head Coach)
76789.jpg

[article]The Serbian coach has just signed with our club for the 2015-2016 season.

Born on 15 June 1953 in Belgrade, Slavoljub “Slavo” MUSLIN has extensive international experience firstly as a player ( defender ), with for example Red Star Belgrade ( 1975-1981 ), Lille (1981-1983 ), Brest Armorique ( 1983-1986 ) and SM Caen ( 1986-1987), and then as a coach, principally in France ( Bordeaux, Lens...), in Serbia ( Red Star Belgrade ), in Bulgaria ( Levski Sofia ), in Russia ( Lokomotiv Moscow, FK Krasnodor...) and in Belgium ( Lokeren ).

His trophies include 3 titles as Champion of Yugoslavia ( Red Star Belgrade in 1977, 1980 and 1981 ) and finalist in the UEFA Cup ( Red Star Belgrade in 1979 ) as a player, and 3 titles as Champion of Serbia ( Red Star Belgrade in 2000, 2001 and 2004), 2 Serbian Cups ( Red Star Belgrade in 2000 and 2004 ), and a double title of Champion/Bulgarian Cup ( Levski Sofia in 2002 ) as a coach.

Slavo is reputed for his attractive style of play and for having coached or even launched the careers of many famous players such as Zinedine ZIDANE, Bixente LIZARAZU, Christophe DUGARRY, David GINOLA, Nemanja VIDIC, Branislav IVANOVIC...

His assistant, the Belarusian Sergei GURENKO, 42 years old, a former midfielder and ex-captain of his country’s national team, will accompany him.

Standard de Liège wishes them welcome and all the best running our team.[/article]

Ivan Santini - Standard Liege (reportedly €2 million)
CH15uRQWEAAb5Z7.jpg

[article]Croatian forward Ivan Santini has been purchased by Standard Liege for €2m. 16 goals in Belgium last year for Kortrijk[/article]

Urs Fischer - FC Basel (Head Coach)
topelement.jpg

[article]Urs Fischer has been appointed FC Basel 1893 the day after the departure of Paulo Sousa.

Sousa stepped down on Wednesday evening by mutual consent because of "significant differences between the club and head coach" having led Basel to the UEFA Champions League round of 16 and the Swiss title, their sixth in a row, in his one season in charge.

Fischer, 49, has signed a two-year contract with the option for another season at a club entering the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League in the third qualifying round.

Club president Bernhard Heusler said: "We're certain that Urs Fischer is someone who shares the aims of Basel and doesn't just see the position here as a stepping stone."

Fischer, who leaves FC Thun and previously played for and coached FC Zürich, added: "I'm the sort of coach who wants to play attacking football. I want a creative team. You’ll soon see my stamp on the team."[/article]

The president's words are surely aimed at Sousa who is reportedly joining Fiorentina.

Alphonse Areola - Villarreal (loan)
CHy3emVWcAAZzb_.jpg

[article]Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola will spend next season on loan at Spanish side Villarreal, the two clubs announced on Thursday.

Areola, who was part of the France side that won the under-20 World Cup in 2013, spent the season just finished on loan at Ligue 1 side Bastia.

Villarreal's first-choice goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo underwent surgery in May on a cruciate knee ligament injury that will keep him out for several months.[/article]

Samu Castillejo, Samuel Garcia - Villarreal (combined fee of reportedly €16 million)
CHy-TwGWsAAd-i3.jpg

[article]Villarreal have made the signings of Malaga's Samuel Garcia and Samu Castillejo official, who are their first outfield signings ahead of next season.

The club have finally closed negotiations after a month of dialogue, making perhaps one of the most important deals of the summer transfer window in the process.

Both players join Villarreal together, for a combined fee of around 16 million euros, but the value of the deal hasn't been confirmed, who do not want to disclose the amount paid.

Both Castillejo and Samu will join Villarreal for the next five seasons. By doing so, the club have bolstered their squad in necessary fashion, much to the satisfaction of coach Marcelino who asked for both players.

Samu Castellejo arrives at 20 years of age and after his first season at the highest level, where he proved to be one of the revelations of the campaign.

Samu Garcia, 24, has also been key at Malaga, where he was one of their highest goalscorers.[/article]

Samu Castillejo seems to be highly rated.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...urite-player-la-liga-who-doesnt-play-atletico

Franck Tabanou - Swansea (reportedly €5 million)
CH3EaxMWgAAjsWr.jpg

[article=http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-sign-st-etienne-france-under-21-full-back-franck-tabanou-2498679.aspx#uJC4abDUDXk5Fwqz.99]Swansea City have made their second signing of the summer following the arrival of St Etienne left-back Franck Tabanou for an undisclosed fee, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The France Under-21 international has penned a three-year deal at the Liberty after undergoing a successful medical today (Friday).

He follows in the footsteps of Ghana international Andre Ayew, who joined the Swans on a free transfer from Marseille last week.

Tabanou, who will wear squad number 14, has plenty of experience having played in the Europa League and previously the Uefa Cup, while he has 12 caps for his country at U21 level.

The 26-year-old, who started his career as a winger, will boost Swans boss Garry Monk’s options at left-back, with his new arrival set to compete with Neil Taylor for a place in his starting XI.

Tabanou made his professional debut at Toulouse, going on to make over 100 appearances for the club.

He was a first-team regular during the 2010-11 season, making 34 appearances and scoring four goals in Ligue 1.

His good form continued throughout the following two campaigns which alerted other clubs to his ability.

Of these clubs, St Etienne moved to secure the services of Tabanou, where he made 34 appearances – scoring three goals - in his first season at the French side as he helped them qualify for the Europa League play-off round following a fourth-place finish.

This season, Tabanou scored once in 37 appearances as Les Verts ended the season in fifth, which again earned Europa League qualification. [/article]

Kieran Trippier - Tottenham (£3.5 million)
CH3_xrrWcAABTsw.jpg

[article=http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/trippier-interview-190615/]We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Kieran Trippier from Burnley.

The 24-year-old defender, who started every Premier League game for the Clarets last season, has agreed a five-year contract with the Club.

He began his career at Manchester City before making his name at Turf Moor where he has been a key figure in recent years, joining first on loan in July, 2011, before making the move permanent in January, 2012. In total he made 185 appearances for the Lancashire side, was twice named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year and won promotion to the Premier League in the 2013-14 season.

Trippier has also been capped by England from Under-18 through to Under-21 level.

The 24-year-old right-back has arrived at the Club after four seasons at Burnley, during which time he achieved one of his childhood ambitions by playing Premier League football.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to sign for Spurs,” he said. “When I first heard that the Club was interested I didn’t have to think twice because it’s such a big club and now I just can’t wait to get started and show everyone what I can do.

“I’m very keen to perform in training every single day, do the best I can and hopefully get the nod from the gaffer. Whenever I get a chance, I want to do well for the other players, the staff and, of course, the fans.

“The squad here is unbelievable, there’s so much quality in the team and I’m really looking forward to starting work in pre-season and being a part of that.”

Having garnered a full season’s worth of Premier League experience in Lancashire, Kieran says he’s thrilled with the opportunity to not only remain in the division, but to be part of a squad looking to compete both at home and abroad.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling to be part of a club playing Premier League and Europa League football – it’s massive,” he added. “It’s always been a dream of mine to play in the Premier League and now being with a club regularly playing in Europe as well, I can’t wait to get underway.

“I enjoyed my time in the Premier League last year with Burnley, and hopefully I can bring some of the lessons that I learned to Tottenham when I get a chance.

“At Burnley, we knew it was going to be difficult last year but now, coming to Spurs, I want to improve. I’m hungry to remain involved in the Premier League, it’s where I’ve always wanted to be since I was very young and I’ve got a great chance now with Tottenham. I’ll take every opportunity I get with both hands and hopefully play my part for everyone at the Club.”[/article]

Tony Roberts - Swansea (Goalkeeping Coach)
CH2P1cXWUAABolq.jpg

[article=http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/tony-roberts-2499480.aspx#5rfVHZjkvkq226ie.99]Swansea City has appointed former Wales international Tony Roberts as the club’s new first-team goalkeeping coach.

Roberts, who joins from Arsenal, will replace Javier Garcia who has returned to his home in Spain for personal reasons after 12 months at the club.

Swans manager Garry Monk said: “We are disappointed to lose Javi because he has done a great job over the last year and we thank him for all his hard work and dedication.

“But we are delighted to be able to replace him with someone of Tony’s calibre and experience. He comes with an excellent reputation as a forward-thinking, modern and knowledgeable goalkeeping coach.

“I’ve got no doubt that his talents will strengthen the club’s backroom staff and keep improving and pushing the goalkeepers forward.’’

Roberts, 45, enjoyed a distinguished goalkeeping career that spanned over two decades. Having come through the youth ranks at QPR, he made nearly 150 appearances for the West London club before spending a season with Millwall in 1998.

However, after a brief coaching stint in America, Roberts returned to English football with non-league Dagenham & Redbridge in 2000 to become a firm fans' favourite.

He played over 450 games for the Daggers - helping them win promotion to the Football League for the first time in 2007 - and remains the club's all-time record appearance maker.

It was during his time at the Daggers that Roberts began coaching with Arsenal's Academy before stepping up to work with the first team in 2010-11. He returned to the Academy set up last season.

He fitted his Arsenal role around his playing commitments with Dagenham & Redbridge until he brought a glittering playing career to an end in the summer of 2013.

Roberts also won two caps for Wales and is the only goalkeeper to have scored in an FA Cup tie when he netted for Dagenham & Redbridge against Basingstoke Town in October 2001. [/article]

_83733574_seaman_tweet.jpg

Semi Ajayi - Cardiff (compensation fee)
CHyn4TiWwAAxNys.jpg

[article=http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/first-summer-transfer-ajayi-signs-2490126.aspx#OvvapsO0SzqL2Xtm.99]Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Semi Ajayi, subject to international clearance.

The 21 year-old central defender - a Nigerian U21 international – has signed for the Bluebirds on a permanent deal until the summer of 2017.

Whilst with the Gunners, he was an unused substitute in Barclays Premier League victories over Newcastle United and Stoke City and in Arsenal’s 2-2 draw with Hull City, while Semi also appeared on the substitutes bench for City in the away win against Nottingham Forest on the final day of the 2014/15 campaign.[/article]

Dejan Stankovic - Inter Milan (First Team Club Manager)
CH4EkObW8AEGLk8.jpg

[article]Dejan Stankovic has returned to Inter Milan to fill the role of first team club manager, providing support to coach Roberto Mancini after spending last season as assistant coach to Andrea Stramaccioni at Udinese.

Stankovic, who played 326 games for the Nerazzurri and was part of their 2010 treble-winning squad, joins Mancini's staff and will assist in the management of the current first team, "on and off the field," according to a statement on the Serie A club's website.

"It's an honour to come back to Inter," Stankovic said. "I'm really happy and emotional because, like I've always said, I've always worn the Nerazzurri colours on my skin. I cried the day I realised I was no longer going to wear an Inter shirt.

"Now I'm coming back here, with pride and determination, to defend our club in a different role."

Inter's general manager Marco Fassone added: "It's a pleasure and a joy for me to be able to welcome back a legend like Dejan Stankovic who, just like he did during his playing career, can contribute in a decisive manner to establishing Inter's reputation around the world."

Stankovic, 36, ended his career at the end of the 2012-13 season. He spent a year out of the game before accepting an offer from Stramaccioni to assist him at Udinese last season. Both were relieved of their duties at the end of the campaign.[/article]

Andreas Weimann - Derby (reportedly £2.5 million)
CHzgW2zXAAAzahw.jpg

[article=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-sign-austrian-international-andreas-weimann-2499429.aspx#cK822ALZTwitoRAm.99]Derby County have today completed the signing of Austrian international forward Andreas Weimann from Barclays Premier League side Aston Villa.

The 23-year-old has joined the Rams on a four-year deal after an undisclosed fee was agreed for his services, despite interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

Weimann, capped 13 times by his country at full international level, arrives at Derby with over 100 top flight appearances to his name and further strengthens the options at Head Coach Paul Clement’s disposal.

He is capable of playing in a number of attacking positions and will meet his new team mates for the first time later this month when Derby’s squad report back for pre-season training ahead of the 2015/16 season.

Clement commented: “It goes without saying that we are very pleased to welcome Andreas Weimann to Derby County and we very much look forward to working with him.

“He has a good amount of top flight experience to his name and, at the age of 23, he still has a lot of potential.”

He added: “Andreas is an exciting talent and he will be a positive addition to the squad, along with the recent signings of Darren Bent, Alex Pearce and Scott Carson.”

Born in Vienna, Weimann joined Aston Villa in 2006 from Austrian side Rapid Vienna at the age of 15 after catching the eye of a number of clubs in the Premier League and further afield.

After progressing through their youth and reserve ranks, Weimann stepped up to the first team stage in the 2010/11 season.

He made his first team debut as a substitute in a 3-0 home win over West Ham United in August 2010, followed by another outing off the bench in the Europa League a few days later against, ironically, Rapid Vienna.

In January 2011 he moved to Championship side Watford for the latter part of the season and scored four times in 18 appearances during a successful spell at Vicarage Road. He returned to the Hornets for a brief loan spell in the early stages of the 2011/12 season, making three appearances, before heading back to Villa Park in the September.

During the last three seasons, Weimann featured for Villa’s first team on a regular basis. In total he made 129 appearances for the Villa Park outfit, with his best goalscoring return coming in 2012/13 when he scored 13 times.

On the international stage, Weimann represented Austria at Under 17, Under 19 and Under 21 level before making his full international debut in October 2012 against Kazakhstan in a 0–0 draw. He has since acquired a further 12 caps for his country.[/article]

Chris Baird - Derby (free transfer)
CH3d3t7WoAA2Qpq.jpg

[article=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-sign-northern-ireland-international-chris-baird-2500291.aspx#vf6OOUzff6fPDT6K.99]Derby County have made Northern Ireland international Chris Baird their latest summer signing.

The 33 year-old, who has acquired 72 full international caps for his country, has joined Derby on a two-year deal, with the option of a further year, ahead of the expiry of his contract at Barclays Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.

The Ballymoney-born player is capable of performing in a number of positions, notably as a holding midfielder and in defence, and he arrives at the iPro Stadium with over 300 career games to his name at club level.

He also brings leadership qualities with him, having worn the captain’s armband at both club and international level.

Baird completed the formalities of his move this morning and becomes Derby’s fifth summer signing, following the arrivals of Darren Bent, Alex Pearce, Scott Carson and Andreas Weimann.

Head Coach Paul Clement commented: “We’re very pleased to welcome a player of Chris Baird’s experience to Derby County.

“He is an excellent professional and an important addition for us, both on the pitch and also in the dressing room.”

He added: “This is another extremely positive signing for us and we’re very pleased with the business that we have conducted in the transfer market so far this summer.”

Baird’s career began on the South Coast with Southampton during the 2002/03 season, after progressing through their youth system, and he went on to make 79 appearances for the Saints, while in just his fourth professional outing he appeared in their FA Cup Final defeat to Arsenal.

He also spent time on loan at Walsall and Watford to gain first team experience in the early years of his career before becoming a regular at St Mary’s, winning Southampton’s Player of the Season Award in the 2006/07 campaign.

In July 2007, Baird joined Fulham for a fee of just over £3 Million and during his time at Craven Cottage he made 165 appearances in all competitions, 127 of which were in the Premier League.

He proved to be a key player for Fulham, particularly under Roy Hodgson, and he was an important part of the squad that reached the Europa League Final in 2010, with Baird occupying a place in the starting line-up as the Cottagers narrowly lost 2-1 to Atletico Madrid.

After leaving Fulham, Baird spent time with Reading in the early part of the 2013/14 season before moving to Burnley in the latter stages of the campaign to help the Clarets secure promotion to the Premier League.

Baird spent last season back in the top flight at West Bromwich Albion, playing 24 times under both Alan Irvine and Tony Pulis, as he helped the Baggies secure Premier League football for another season, taking his club appearances total beyond the 300 mark in the process.

On the international stage, Baird appeared for his country for the first time at senior level in June 2003 against Italy, having represented Northern Ireland at both Under 18 and Under 21 level.

Of his 72 caps, 66 have been starts and he has been a vital part of Michael O’Neill’s current squad, which is looking to secure qualification to the 2016 European Championships. His most recent cap came only last week, in their 0-0 draw at home to Romania.[/article]

Derby County has gone about signing experienced players with top flight experience. Ince should be joining soon too.

Anthony Modeste - Cologne (reportedly €4.5 million)
CH4QVfSWcAANuFn.jpg

[article]1. FC Köln have agreed a deal to sign Anthony Modeste from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.The 27-year-old, who scored 23 goals in 62 competitive games over two seasons for Markus Gisdol's side, has put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the Rhineland club.

"As a dynamic, dangerous striker, Anthony Modeste is exactly what we were looking for," explained Billy-Goats sporting director Jörg Schmadtke. "He knows the Bundesliga well and will offer another option going forward."

"For me, the Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in the world," Modeste added, "and I want to help Köln re-establish themselves. The club is one of the biggest and most famous clubs in Germany and playing in the RheinEnergieStadion will be a real highlight. The sporting philosophy really convinced me to join."

"I'm really pleased to join 1. FC Köln!"[/article]

Albert Ferrer - Mallorca (Head Coach)
CH8dg1xW8AAgzS9.jpg

(left)
[article]Albert "Chapi" Ferrer was confirmed today as new coach of second division side, RCD Mallorca and takes over from Miquel "Nanu" Soler. He will form a key part in the 2015-16 season as the club celebrates their centenary year with a push to return to the top flight of Spanish football.

Ferrer (born in Barcelona in 1970) took Córdoba back to La Liga for the first time in over 40 years as well as playing for Barcelona and Chelsea as his time as a player.

The Mallorca board confirmed that they would not speculate on new signings and departures at the island based club until a new coach was in place. Since relegation from the top flight in 2013-2014, after 15 consecutive years in the top flight, the board have managed to sack 6 coaches in just 16 months.

The latest casualty, Soler, reached an agreement with club president, Claassen on June 8th.

Before him, and since February 2015, José Luis Oltra, Lluís Carreras, Javier Olaizola (current ‘B’ team coach), Soler (who was in charge for one month in August 2014), Russian, Valery Karpin and since February 2015, Soler again.[/article]

Jamie Mackie - QPR (free transfer)
CHotPyGW8AEmg2R.jpg

[article=http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/jamie-mackie-qpr-returns-two-year-deal-2494096.aspx#L1qZscM0mmztapyz.99]JAMIE Mackie is back at Loftus Road!

The 29-year-old has put pen to paper on a two year deal in W12, following his release from Nottingham Forest, and will officially become a QPR player on July 1st.

The Hoops fans’ favourite, who made 75 starts and 19 substitute appearances in all competitions between 2010-2013, scoring 18 goals, is delighted to be back at Loftus Road, commenting: “I’m absolutely buzzing to be back.

“Anyone that knows me will tell you just how much this club means to me – and the feelings that I’ve got for the place has only grown in the short time I’ve been away.

“People say never go back, but I feel as though I’ve got some unfinished business here and under the guidance of Les and Chris, I can only see a bright future for this club.

“They know I’ll come in and give my absolute maximum and – having in played in front of the QPR fans before – I know that’s exactly what they love to see. It’s great to be back.”

Mackie becomes Chris Ramsey’s fourth signing of the summer and the R’s Head Coach is relishing the opportunity to work with the Scotland international, commenting: “I’ve always admired Jamie – his qualities as a player, combined with his energy and commitment, are just what we’re looking for.

“His desire to come back here and be a success again, second time around, says everything you need to know about him.

“I’m hoping now he’s a little bit older and wiser, that he’ll bring some experience and maturity to the dressing room.

“I’m sure the fans will welcome him back with open arms – it’s a really good addition for us.”

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, told www.qpr.co.uk: “It’s not for me to comment on why Jamie left when he did, but what I do know is how much QPR means to him. It’s important we have people like him, with the right attitude, who want to help us progress.

“We want a front-line that can rotate, that can be progressive and Jamie ticks those boxes. He can come and get it, go in behind, run the channels – he’s got great versatility.

“We’re delighted to have him here. There’s no doubt he’ll play an important role in helping to take us where we want to be.”[/article]

Mirko Valdifiori - Napoli (reportedly €5.5 million)
CH8aMIOWwAAjw2h.jpg

[article]Mirko Valdifiori has become Maurizio Sarri's first acquisition at Napoli after following his former coach to San Paolo from Empoli.

Napoli have completed their first piece of business ahead of the new Serie A season with the signing of Empoli midfielder Mirko Valdifiori.

The 29-year-old midfielder sealed the move to San Paolo on Saturday after completing a medical at the club's training ground, president Aurelio de Laurentiis confirming the deal on Twitter.

Valdifiori's switch sees him link up with former manager Maurizio Sarri, the head coach having joined from Empoli to replace the outgoing Rafael Benitez.

After helping Empoli to promotion in 2013-14, Valdifiori impressed in his first Serie A campaign last season as the club retained their top-flight status - eventually finishing eight points clear of safety in 15th.

His domestic form caught the eye of Italy coach Antonio Conte and Valdifiori was handed his international debut in the 1-1 draw with England in March. [/article]

Yohann Pele - Marseille (free transfer)
CH7664aWgAATX21.jpg

[article]Marseille have signed goalkeeper Yohann Pele, the Ligue 1 club confirmed on Saturday.

Media reports suggested the 32-year-old, who was a free agent after leaving second-tier Sochaux, has signed a three-year contract.

Pele will provide back-up to OM captain Steve Mandanda, the France international.

Pele was called up to the France squad once, in 2008, but has had to rebuild his career since spending three years out of the game after suffering a pulmonary embolism in 2010.[/article]

Paulo Sousa - Fiorentina (Head Coach)
CIBxKB2WgAACgE2.jpg

[article]Fiorentina have made an official announcement confirming that Paulo Sousa is to coach the team next season.

The Portuguese’s move to the Viola had been rumoured to have been in the works for some time now, but after he resigned from previous club Basel on Wednesday the case appeared to be a matter of when rather than if.

“ACF Fiorentina informs that today the economic agreement was reached with Mr. Paulo Sousa, who will take over as coach of the first team.” an official club statement read.

“The new coach will be in Florence tomorrow, to complete the paperwork.

“The presentation and press conference will be held tomorrow, Monday 22 June at 19:00 CET, at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.”

Fiorentina’s search for a new coach begun after previous tactician Vincenzo Montella was fired in dramatic circumstances at the end of the season.[/article]

Ben Pringle - Fulham (free transfer)
Pringlescar.jpg

Andy Lonergan - Fulham (free transfer)
Lonergan-scarf.jpg

[article=http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/19/double-deal-sealed]Fulham have confirmed the signings of Ben Pringle and Andy Lonergan on free transfers.

The pair will officially become Fulham players when their respective contracts with Rotherham United and Bolton Wanderers expire on Wednesday 1st July.

Left-footed midfielder Pringle and goalkeeper Lonergan will both pen two-year deals with a one-year Club option that will keep them in SW6 until at least 2017.

Born in Newcastle, Pringle was a product of the famous Wallsend Boys Club, before spending time on the books of West Bromwich Albion. He made a name for himself at non-League level with Ilkeston Town, before joining Derby County in July 2009.

Pringle made 20 league appearances for the Rams during a two-year stint, before leaving for Rotherham on a free transfer in June 2011.

During his time with the Millers, Pringle hit 19 goals in 146 league appearances, twice tasting promotion with the Yorkshire side.

Last season, the 26-year-old played 43 times in all competitions, scoring three goals. He started both games against Fulham.

Pringle told the official website: “I’m buzzing. As soon as I knew that there was interest from Fulham I wanted to come here straight away. You just have to look at the size of the Club and where they’ve been in the past – hopefully we can get there again before too long.

“I like to think I’ll bring energy to the team. I try to make things happen, I can cross a ball okay and try to get in little pockets.”

Born in Preston, 31-year-old Lonergan began his career with his hometown club. Handed his debut as a 16-year-old by David Moyes in 2000, Lonergan went on to play more than 200 times for the Lancashire outfit, taking in loan spells at Darlington, Blackpool, Wycombe Wanderers and Swindon Town during that time. He twice won Preston’s Fans Player of the Year and also scooped a Player’s Player of the Year gong.

In 2011, he spent a season with Leeds United, making 35 appearances, before joining Bolton where he played 51 times in the league in a three-year stay.

Following his move to SW6, Lonergan told www.fulhamfc.com: “I’m delighted to get it all sorted. I’m happy to be here and I can’t wait to get started. It’s a very well respected, historic Cub and it’s a place where everyone would like to play. We have a lot of potential to hopfully get back to where the Club belongs."[/article]

What a day to be alive if you're a Fulham fan. Lonergan and Pringle on the same day.

Daniel Wass - Celta Vigo (€2.9 million)
CIGX_xxWUAAjJNC.jpg

[article]Celta Vigo announced their signing of Denmark international midfielder Daniel Wass this Monday, who joins from French side Evian and has signed a contract with the club until the 30th June 2019.

Daniel Wass, who turned 26 on the 31st of May, started his career at Brondby, and after a brief loan at Norwegian club Fredrikstad, signed for Benfica in 2011. The Portuguese side loaned him to Evian, who ended up buying the player a year later.

Wass, who played for Denmark in the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine in 2012, has played 133 games in France, scoring 23 goals and providing 12 assists, with his club being relegated to Ligue 2 this season.

The Dane will be presented on his return from his holidays and is the second player brought in by Eduardo Berizzo for the coming 2015/2016 season, after striker Iago Aspas.[/article]

Geoffrey Kondogbia - Inter Milan (reportedly £25 million)
CIDuwhpWoAAEpn_.jpg

[article]Internazionale have announced the signing of the Monaco defensive midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia for a fee believed to be in the region of £25m (€35m).

Kondogbia, who was reportedly a target for a number of English clubs including Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, signed a five-year deal subject to a medical on Monday. “Contracts signed with Monaco for Geoffrey Kondogbia,” read a statement on the club’s official Twitter account on Sunday night. “The Frenchman will undergo a medical in Italy tomorrow.”

The signing of Kondogbia means that Inter have not only stolen a march on the two Premier League clubs but also their city rivals, Milan. The Rossoneri’s CEO Adriano Galliani told La Gazzetta dello Sport that a fee between the Ligue 1 side and Milan had been agreed last Friday, as well as personal terms with the French international.

“It was all done,” said Galliani. “Monaco had given us the all-clear for the sale at €40m with payment spread over two years, €20m and €20m. The agreement with Geoffrey had already been sorted out the night before and was confirmed that same morning by him and his father. After we exchanged the documentation ... everyone disappeared. Evidently they changed their minds or the others offered more.”

Kondogbia is one of many new faces expected to arrive at Inter this summer after a disappointing season for Roberto Mancini’s side that saw them finish in eight place and miss out on a spot in Europe. Kondogbia, who joined Monaco from Spanish side Sevilla in the summer of 2013, made 49 appearances for the French side.[/article]

Guido Carrillo - Monaco (€8.8 million)
CJBNuMxUsAAA1u5.jpg

[article]Monaco have agreed a deal to sign striker Guido Carrillo from Estudiantes, according to the Argentinian club.

According to a statement on the Estudiantes website, club president Juan Sebastian Veron on Saturday agreed to accept an offer worth $10 million (€8.8 million) for the 24-year-old.

The club added that Carrillo has likewise agreed terms with the club from the principality, but Monaco are yet to issue any statement regarding a deal.

Carrillo has scored 42 goals in 141 appearances for Estudiantes, including seven in 10 in the Copa Internacional this season.[/article]

Mario Mandzukic - Juventus (€19 million + potential add ons of €2 million)
bfb8bd97-291e-474c-949b-08df7c2e36a7.jpg

[article]Juventus have officially confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic for €19m plus bonuses.

It emerged last week that the Bianconeri had agreed a deal for the Croatian international, who underwent a medical in Turin this morning, and the club has now officially announced the deal is done.

“Juventus Football Club can announce that an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the services of Mario Mandzukic, who has signed a four-year contract,” a statement on the Old Lady’s official website read.

“A fee of €19 million, payable in three separate installments, has been agreed, with a potential extra €2 million to be added on if certain performance-related targets are met.”[/article]

Afriyie Acquah - Torino (reportedly €2 - 3 million)
CICOuFXWUAAFlzH.jpg

[article]Ghana defensive midfielder Afriyie Acquah has signed for Serie A's Torino on a four-year deal.

The announcement was made on the club website. “Torino Football Club are pleased to communicate the definitive acquisition from Hoffenheim FC of the right to the sporting performances of the player Afriyie Acquah.”

“For the Ghanaian midfielder there is a contract until 2019.”

This week there had been strong media links with AC Milan, especially after the giants' new coach, Sinisa Mihajlovic, was signed. The 23-year-old was owned by the Hoffenheim but has been playing in Serie A since 2013 with Parma and Sampdoria where he was loaned.

Acquah joined Sampdoria in January while he was away on international duty with the Black Stars at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. Upon his return, he was key in their run to seventh and has been given some good reviews this season.

Mihajlovic, who liked the youngster so much that he chucked Acquah into the Sampdoria line-up just two days after the Afcon, said: "I am convinced that Acquah will give us a big hand. He has great physicality, great strength and I decided to play him from the start to give us speed in midfield."

Acquah is widely known to be a discipline of the Michael Essien school of football, and the former Chelsea ace has many times applauded the youngster's style.[/article]

Peter Zeidler - Red Bull Salzburg (Head Coach)
peterzeidler-cropped-duwuh1o8g8qm1upc5i2h2fbn5.jpg

[article]Peter Zeidler has been appointed as the new head coach of Red Bull Salzburg.

Zeidler takes over from Adi Hutter, who resigned last week despite winning the double in his only season in charge of the Austrian Bundesliga side, with differences of opinion within the club's hierarchy reportedly the reason for his exit.

German Zeidler comes into the role after enjoying success with Salzburg's feeder club Liefering, leading them to second in the Erste Liga last campaign.

"I am delighted that the club has decided to appoint me," Zeidler told the club's official website.

"It is a great and exciting job for me to coach FC Red Bull Salzburg, and I can't wait to start working with the team, along with the coaching and support staff."[/article]

Youssouf Mulumbu - Norwich (free transfer)
CIHb7k6W8AAmGtn.jpg

[article=http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-youssouf-mulumbu-west-bromwich-albion-2502691.aspx#XQkiZgHgXfUu1z8v.99]NORWICH City are delighted to have agreed the signing of midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu on a free transfer.

The 28-year-old, a DR Congo international, will link up with the Canaries on July 1 after his West Bromwich Albion contract expires at the end of June.

Mulumbu, who has agreed a two-year deal at Carrow Road, boasts a wealth of top flight experience having made 151 Barclays Premier League appearances for the Baggies.

He will become City’s second recruit of the summer transfer window following the permanent transfer of his former West Brom teammate Graham Dorrans in May.

Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk, boss Alex Neil said: "The fact that we've been able to pick Youssouf up on a free transfer is a fantastic piece of business.

"His arrival will add to the competition for places. We have a strong squad with a lot of players that have done well in the Premier League and Youssouf will bring that competition to the squad.

"He has vast experience of the Premier League but he's still at a good age. You generally say that a player comes into their peak between 27 and 32, and he's right in the middle of that.

"He's another fantastic player to add to an already-strong squad going into the Premier League."

Initially moving to West Brom on loan from Paris Saint-Germain during the 2008-09 campaign, Mulumbu subsequently signed permanently following their relegation from top flight.

He went on to form a key part of the side which secured an immediate promotion under Roberto Di Matteo the next season, making 40 league appearances alongside Dorrans.

In total, Mulumbu made 211 appearances for Albion in all competitions, finding the net on 15 occasions. [/article]

Back
Top Bottom