• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding the malicious glee that almost all other rival fans are displaying at the thought of a null and void season robbing us of the title most wearying.

I smell bullshit click bait. Let’s break down their reasons.

[article]the integrity of the game will have been significantly impacted by the removal of the home/away advantage
[/article]

It is entirely feasible the 20/21 will partially, if not all, played behind closed doors.

[article]there will have been such a long gap since the last fixtures were played
[/article]

so will the 22/23 season because of the World Cup.

[article]Players might be rusty, some teams who had injury crises will have fully fit squads again
[/article]

This is part and parcel of the game. You can’t stop a player playing later in the season because they were injured during a different period.

So if they were to place an asterisk next to our name then they’ll have to do it for 3 out of 4 seasons.

I've already vowed to execute anyone who tries to tell me the title is in some way qualified if the season is curtailed. Even mentioning the fact of the asterisk will prompt severe punishment.

But I'll be forced to get really serious if they void the thing.

I don't even know what Liverpool.com is.

I think it might be actually another Liverpool Echo portal, rather than an official site. Dunno. I thought I saw a Reach notification when I clicked on it, and they own all the main regional titles, and also Mirror, Express, Star etc.

I really should know this, but fuck it who cares.

[article]Players might be rusty, some teams who had injury crises will have fully fit squads again
[/article]

This is part and parcel of the game. You can’t stop a player playing later in the season because they were injured during a different period.

So if they were to place an asterisk next to our name then they’ll have to do it for 3 out of 4 seasons.

In other words they are against games being played on a level field because they have a deeper squad.

Arf. To think I really, REALLY wanted us to go in for him before the Arse signed him, after the stellar World Cup he'd had.

The fume are fuming over this. They want to know why players and staff are being tested and not NHS/key workers. On the face of it you could say it’s fair. Or ask the government how the fuck can a football league have a better grip on testing and sourcing kits than they could.

I'm beginning to fall into @Halmeister 's camp (even though I suspect he's a non-believer!). The difficulty involved in restarting, managing and controlling the end of season is simply way harder than chucking the towel in and saying re-start in September

If your team was about to be relegated, or your 'hated' competitor was about to be crowned champion how many nutters do you think would travel to the game venues and attempt to get the games disrupted?

... and although I finally threw in with the new Kelly's Heroes this season I see a very difficult 20/21. If not this season then it HAS to be next, as beyond that the money is shifting again

I'm beginning to fall into @Halmeister 's camp (even though I suspect he's a non-believer!). The difficulty involved in restarting, managing and controlling the end of season is simply way harder than chucking the towel in and saying re-start in September

If your team was about to be relegated, or your 'hated' competitor was about to be crowned champion how many nutters do you think would travel to the game venues and attempt to get the games disrupted?

If they did that they’d have to set out a final league table based on UEFA’s guidelines. They would still hand us the title. Or give us a 22 point start next season.

All this starting again next season for sporting integrity is all bollocks too. No way we will see supporters in the ground this year. So you lose the home advantage for half the season. Sport may not even be possible this year due to the complexity of holding a large event. Then you’d just end up cancelling next season.

There's quite a bit in the papers today about plans being put in place for testing and a return to training ahead of a restart in early June.

Naturally, all the Twitter threads are full of whimpering blowhards objecting on the grounds of gross indecency to even consider football at a time like this. Ha, fuck off.

The fume are fuming over this. They want to know why players and staff are being tested and not NHS/key workers. On the face of it you could say it’s fair. Or ask the government how the fuck can a football league have a better grip on testing and sourcing kits than they could.

The Fume have to understand that most football fans/players are fucking stupid, as has been shown by them over and over, but also loads of them ignoring social distancing and fucking off for a bbq/picnic/party.
If the government can get football up and running again, there's a good chance the silly wankers wont go outside and will stay in and watch the football instead.

Knowing our luck though, man cheaty fans will invite all their mates and elderly relatives round to watch the games. Cunts.

There is an audio clip doing the rounds that is apparently from Bristol Rovers manager. It lays out the Football League want to settle all leagues under sporting integrity whilst rewarding each league 3 promotion places but no relegation. Over the next few seasons more than 3 will be relegated so we eventually come down to proper league sizes.

Yeah I've heard the promotion but no relegation idea before, I think it's pretty sensible.

Not sure if promoting 3 works though, cos you end up with 23 in the PL. Would be better just doing 2 and forgetting about the play off places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom