• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cow bells and Allez Allez Allez!

Has any team ever done a clean sweep of the jerseys or would that be impossible.
Im fairly sure individual riders have won multiple jerseys on one tour, although Yellow supercedes. So you could have a rider who picked up White, Polka dot and Yellow on the one tour. I think some have done that in the past. But Im fairly sure that if you are in yellow the polka dot goes to the next rider on the road.
A team couldnt really win all the jerseys as the team is usually set up to support a GC rider or a sprint rider. That said Nibali and Sagan both ride for Liquigas and got close to Sprint AND Yellow jerseys.
So in answer to your question. I dont believe it has happened (and if it has its because ONE rider won multiple jerseys and not different team members) and I dont believe it ever will.
Theoretically you would need two world class climbers (one to go for Polka dot the other to tow the GC guy up the ranges) a world class GC guy who can sprint another world class GC guy under the age of 23. A sprinter who can climb. And a shitload of decent domestiques all of whom can climb and TT and at least two good lead out guys. You would also need to have this in place WAAaaaaaaay before the tour so that you could adjust your team dependant on how they design that years course.
Thats with 9 riders in a team. So its concievable. But would be astonishing.

Thanks Oncy, do you think team sky would be able to dominate at least 2 jerseys. They seem to be gettimg all the worlds best.

Yes mate, i think you can get a team that wins Yellow and White easy enough. Even Polka dot.
The tough thing is to have a team set up to win GC and still support their sprinter.
I dont think this team is the right choice for Cav in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom