• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Croatia v England - World Cup Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Very functional. Very organised. But have we ever had a Pele, Best, Maradona,
Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo etc.
Even a Modric, Hazard, De Bruyne

We dont create GREAT footballers.
Just good ones

You had Gascoigne, but you dropped him for Rob Lee.

Agreed. Very functional. Very organised. But have we ever had a Pele, Best, Maradona,
Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo etc.
Even a Modric, Hazard, De Bruyne

We dont create GREAT footballers.
Just good ones
I think we do create top players (Gascoigne, Shearer, Barnes, Gerrard, Lineker, Beardsley, Rooney etc) the problem is they’ve either had to carry the side alone or for any one of a multitude of reasons just don’t perform for the national team...that may be the fault of the manager, the system, the press, their respective clubs or on occasion a lack of interest. Those I’ve listed here don’t fit into that all time best of the best list but they were all world class in their day.

I think we do create top players (Gascoigne, Shearer, Barnes, Gerrard, Lineker, Beardsley, Rooney etc) the problem is they’ve either had to carry the side alone or for any one of a multitude of reasons just don’t perform for the national team...that may be the fault of the manager, the system, the press, their respective clubs or on occasion a lack of interest. Those I’ve listed here don’t fit into that all time best of the best list but they were all world class in their day.
I think more often than not managers have struggled to blend the necessary amount of talent and consistency

The golden generation all the best players were shoe horned in and to fuck with tactics

This time the blend was right to a degree, but midfield was overran because of southgates desire to play lingard sterling and Alli ahead of just hendo.

More milners to complement the kanes so they don't tread on each others toes

I still get pissed off with his spurs horror show and placing his hands up on that diving bluenose cunt.

Mediocre team over-reaches itself, nation returns to reality. I think around the edges Southgate had been superb, but in terms of talent, the 1990 team would gave destroyed this one.

Mediocre team over-reaches itself, nation returns to reality. I think around the edges Southgate had been superb, but in terms of talent, the 1990 team would gave destroyed this one.

Yeah .They created absolutely zero. The 2002/6 side were far more talented.

I think this will be a big filip for this side, though. And there are some good youngsters coming through .

Loads of sirens on Allerton road. England fans reverting to type and bandwagoners after a scrap no doubt.

I stayed in and got merry on the delicious cocktail of Harry Kane and Clive Tyldsley tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom