• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturridge's ankle injury may affect his preseason training and Borini was out quite long last season too.

If Suarez goes, an early twenties raw potential (15-20m) and Villa would see us all alright.

12m is steep though. I imagine it'll be more like 8m

I'd be interested at the right price (fee + wages included) because it's fucking David Villa but if he's coming as a top dollar player then it starts to become questionable.

I'd rather be a little more patient and try and get there with young players who allow us flexibility rather than try and take shortcuts that potentially set us back.

take him in a heartbeat

Why?
He's 32.
Had some serious injuries.
He's looking like they want a high fee
He'll be looking for high wages
And he's Spanish so he's bound to be racist - I mean look at the little Hitler tache he sports on his bottom lip.

Nah.

Probably only worth half the quoted fee, but somebody will probably end up overpaying. Just hope it isn't us...

David Villa will start to think about his future after his last match with Barcelona next weekend. 'El Guaje' still hasn't received any official communication from the club about his situation but all indications are that Tito Vilanova isn't going to include him in his plans for the 2013-14 season.

However, it won't be easy for him to leave even though Barça won't try to stop him. His biggest impediment is his high salary, around €8 million. Few clubs will be willing to take on such a high payslip for a player who will be 32 in December and has suffered an injury as serious as his (fractured tibia and fibula).

Meanwhile, Villa is considering some interesting offers from the Premier League, which is where he wants to continue his career. According to a report by the Daily Mail, Tottenham are willing to pay €12 million for the striker whose contract with Barcelona ends next year. Liverpool and Arsenal have also shown interest.

Villa joined Barcelona from Valencia in 2010 at a cost of €40 million of which €10 million is still outstanding. Both sides have always shown willingness to find a joint solution.

£140k/wk, that is.

I wouldn't mind Villa but it has to be cheap.

Suarez replacement must be Jovetic. Fuck Higuain.

Hasnt looked his best for a while now imho. High wages, old and the same fee we paid for Sturridge.
There are better and younger alternatives out there.

Its a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom