• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's over the hill and I don't think he'll be up for the physical demands of the PL.
He'll be another Morinetes for us. And for top money.
No thanks.

Villa would be a good buy but he's not worth €12m.

€7m max given there is zero resale value

He wouldn't have been if we'd got him earlier, but I don't know if he's got enough left to be of use now.

Either way, Villa never wanted to come to us in the past - why would he want to now?

He'll have at least one London club to choose from it would seem if he fancies coming to England. That would seem more likely.

He's over the hill and I don't think he'll be up for the physical demands of the PL.
He'll be another Morinetes for us. And for top money.
No thanks.

Exactly, this is Morientes Part II, big name from a top club but hes past his best by a year or two and he is carrying a couple of injuries, even at his peak he wasnt that quick so I think he would struggle badly in the premiership now. Hope he goes to Spurs

He's finished. It's a shame really as he was one of the best strikers in the world at one point. But he's a shadow of that player now. I can't see rodgers being interested at all.

I don't know. It's a little hard to judge him in that Barca side due to the fact that Messi takes so much of the attacking focus.

I still think that he'll score a lot of goals at the right club.

He still got 15 goals last season..

In fairness he scored 9 leagues goals playing upfront in a team that scored 115 times.

Hes still a decent player but at his age taking into account wages and fee I dont think hes worth the gamble. Hes on a downward curve at this point, if he was on a free and willing to take a pay cut then it would make sense not for the numbers being bandied about

That would be a bargain for 15M Euros....

Morientes #2 my arse

Its more the 7 million a season in wages that would worry me, there is no way he would sign a one year deal so we would be stuck paying him a fortune for the next 2 or 3 seasons as he eases himself into retirement

Its more the 7 million a season in wages that would worry me, there is no way he would sign a one year deal so we would be stuck paying him a fortune for the next 2 or 3 seasons as he eases himself into retirement

Spending large parts of it in the treatment room as is body will find it hard to adjust to the physical demands of the PL.

12m, 10m, 8m for a 32 forward who is coming into a completely different league/lifestyle after a career in Spain ? No thanks. Would have loved him 2 seasons ago.

Title/CL challenging clubs need 4 strikers/could be strikers so if Suarez is off then we need 2 more to add to Sturridge/Borini who are both young so a couple around 25-26 would be perfect.

Carles Puyol has reportedly told a Brazilian journalist that he believes David Villa is leaving Barcelona this summer.

The striker is about to enter the final year of his contract at Camp Nou and has been linked with a move out of the club for the past few months.

In conversation with a Brazilian journalist, who did not identify his profession to the player, Puyol reportedly admitted that the 31-year-old is leaving.

The exchange below began with discussing where new signing Neymar would fit in at the club.

“On the left wing, as he played at Santos,” Puyol commented.

“And who would play on the right?” asked the reporter Fabio Sormani.

“Pedro or Sanchez.”

“And Villa, is he leaving?”

“Yeah, but I do not know where he is going to.”

Sormani also posted on his Twitter account a picture of himself with Puyol at the alleged chance encounter.

Should David Villa stay at Barcelona for the final year of his contract, a clause will reportedly dictate that he will become the club’s second highest paid player.

The striker is seen as a transfer target of a number of clubs this summer, with Atletico Madrid said to be up against Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal in competing for the 31-year-old’s signature.

However, whilst the player is seen as keen to leave, his wages are reportedly a barrier for interested parties, as is Tito Vilanova’s reported desire to still convince the No 7 to stay on for next term.

Barcelona, though, are believed eager to either sell the player for a fee of around €15m, or sign him to a new contract.

Whilst this choice is believed set by the club’s ambition to either cash in on the star now or ensure that they at least do not lose him on a free transfer next summer, Marca suggest that another motivation is prevalant.

Villa’s four-year contract signed with the club in the summer of 2010 reportedly held a clause that for the final year, his wage would rise from its usual €7.5m rate up to €11m.

This amount would place the player as second highest on the club’s payroll next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom