• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

De Zerbi future Liverpool manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Laser

Very Active
Interesting to watch his development....

If they Brighton have another top half finish what would people think? I think he has a big future but I mean in 3 years time bring him in....

But maybe by then he will be snapped up by a bigger team?

Thoughts?

Interesting to watch his development....

If they Brighton have another top half finish what would people think? I think he has a big future but I mean in 3 years time bring him in....

But maybe by then he will be snapped up by a bigger team?

Thoughts?

Looks good, seems to have improved Brighton since potter? Tough gig maintaining an upward trajectory at a selling club but as @Modo points out they’re supplying him with the means to do so. Came across well when discussing losing players and such too.

I’d prefer Xabi to become a great coach and take over but this guy should be high on the list.

He’ll be snapped up by someone bigger very soon, can see him at 2 clubs even before Klopp leaves.

But the decision which manager we get next is easy, just ask Brighton who’d they go for.

Guardiola was raving about him last year. Called him him one of the most influential managers he'd seen in the last 20 years. Very high praise.

Maybe we should go for Pep as our next manager.

He's still relatively young and is clearly the best coach in the world.

What has he influenced more than most other managers worldwide in the last 20 years? Style of play? Who’s copied or been influenced by De Zerbi? Weird thing for the slap head to say.
I think it was that de Zerbi has reversed conventional coaching on beating the press by using square passes in build-up play (generally a trigger for the opposition press), by inviting the press, and playing then to the free man behind the press. A very risky strategy, but Guardiola was raving about how they've mastered this, and it's highly unique and will be studied a lot.

Here's a good video breakdown of it:

He'll no doubt be on the list.

And after seeing Potter fail at Chelsea, he will be choosing his next gig extremely carefully and will likely be staying at Brighton until that arises. It's comfortably one of the best jobs in the PL.

He will join Chelsea in a year’s time, fail there and go back to Brighton to rebuild his rep then probably join us just in time when Klopp leaves…

Best thing would be to get the CEO of Brighton and let him put a blue print of sustainability, cups and titles

He will join Chelsea in a year’s time, fail there and go back to Brighton to rebuild his rep then probably join us just in time when Klopp leaves…

You don't think Poch will do a good job?

I'm worried he will get all those young talents playing tbh

You don't think Poch will do a good job?

I'm worried he will get all those young talents playing tbh

I don’t think so.
It feels like Chelsea constantly play a wack
a mole with their signings. It doesn’t matter how many they sign buy they always seem to be 1-2 short.
I think Poch is a nice guy buy Boehly despite looking like a transfer master mind last week is mental. I don’t see him doing a good enough job to stay this season.

De Zerbi is 100% going to Man City isn't he? Pep Guardiola talking about him. You seldom hear him talking up an opposing manager like that. City are a relatively stable and progressive outfit. They are a much more attractive proposition for a manager than us

De Zerbi is 100% going to Man City isn't he? Pep Guardiola talking about him. You seldom hear him talking up an opposing manager like that. City are a relatively stable and progressive outfit. They are a much more attractive proposition for a manager than us

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

Last edited:
Not yet.
I would like my manager to have won leagues, not just winning the Sambucca shooter of the year in Ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom