• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

De Zerbi future Liverpool manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Yawn. Rafa and many others introduced playing in triangles ages ago. It’s one of the most basic tactics in football. Nothing new under the sun.

I'm not sold on De Zerbi, @Brighton potter looked good. We still have Klopp this season and two more seasons after that. Alot can change. On my short list, De Zerbi is not on it. Though that could change towards the end of the season.
My short list
Inzaghi
Alonso
Zidane (he can just move into Klopp's home which the club owns, no more looking for homes around Liverpool. I mean he has been doing it for nearly 30 years)
Nagelsman
Mancini
Ancelotti (if he is still around)

The managers who could join the shortlist
Ange (Spurs manager)
De Zerbi

Ange is Liverpool fan and this style of play is directly from the pass and move the late 80s under Kenny

I think De Zerbi is the closest coach in the league to Klopp in terms of intensity, coaching ability and overall philosophy (not necessarily tactics). He likes to develop players to the next level. He does not require top stars to be successful. Has a clear philosophy that he communicates well and the players enjoy playing. The football is intense and fun to watch. And. he is a nice guy, a "normal" guy, and not a prima dona.

I think he would be a really good fit. And, while the Brighton recruiting team and management are fantastic, De Zerbi took Potter's players had took them up another two levels. What he has done with Solly March is nothing short of a miracle. He is the perfect manager for a great club that needs to be financially sustainable. I love Xabi, but he definitely gives me Pep and Arteta vibes, which makes sense. I need to watch Leverkeusen more. I get a sense that Xabi-ball is ruthlessly effective, like Pep's, while De Zerbi's is intense and fun - more like Klopp's.

So what went wrong today? 6-1 to villa

Team selection.

Against a strong Villa midfield and playing away you can't go with Gilmour and some 18 year old, too weak too inexperienced. They got overrun time and time again. Needed to drop 1 of Welbeck/Ferguson for a more defensive minded player.

Dunno if he's given up on their new #1 keeper they signed in summer, because Steele was hopeless.

Team selection.

Against a strong Villa midfield and playing away you can't go with Gilmour and some 18 year old, too weak too inexperienced. They got overrun time and time again. Needed to drop 1 of Welbeck/Ferguson for a more defensive minded player.

Dunno if he's given up on their new #1 keeper they signed in summer, because Steele was hopeless.
I don't think he is Ange level at all

I don't think he is Ange level at all

No yeah you're right, pretty hard to win things at Celtic isn't it?

RDZ had to make do with losing his 3 best players in the summer and they've still won 5 games from 7 and with the resources he has, is doing a far better job than Ange will ever do.

No yeah you're right, pretty hard to win things at Celtic isn't it?

RDZ had to make do with losing his 3 best players in the summer and they've still won 5 games from 7 and with the resources he has, is doing a far better job than Ange will ever do.
He is the CJ of the management world, a decent manager whose been labelled "Elite" without doing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom