• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dead Eyes Sakho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have minor reservations, he's a bit less composed than Agger and Skrtel, but he's certainly more robust and doesn't take any prisoners, I just worry about how rash he can be at times.

He's a weird combination of shaky and solid. He was beastly in the first half an hour against City, until that hilarious tackle on Dzeko. Started looking shaky after that.

I'm trying to convince myself he's solid. I thought he was a bit quick to dive in when he first arrived but he's been decent bar the odd blip. Hopefully he can iron that out. I love his swagger too. He knows he's here to fuck striker's shit up.

I think it says a lot about our defence, that despite spending £15 million on Sakho, Skrtel (despite almost being bombed out at the beginning of the season) is undoubtedly our number one choice at centre back.

Sakho is very good at one v ones, but he's rash and can be dodgy when pressurised. It's his first season, so I'm not writing him off, but I'd prefer a fit Agger over Sakho at the moment.

Also, that should have been a penalty for City. I can understand why he went for it, but he didn't get the ball.

Sakho looks much much better when you watch a match the second time. He always looks for a good forward pass instead of the easy option that doesn't keep momentum, & he plays them very quickly, allowing the likes of Henderson & Coutinho to turn with the ball & attack.
He's very good positionally, & most of his defensive work is ace, the big negatives to his game or when he's at full stretch he is slightly out of control at times, & despite his size (or maybe because of it) he doesn't deal with close contact one of one situations as well as your expect.

I suspect that it's cos I'd he used his full strength & muscle he'd be liable to give a free kicks & penalties so is always holding back.

The way he kicks a ball is a bit weird, but he looks like the best defender out of the 3 of them.

Sakho looks much much better when you watch a match the second time. He always looks for a good forward pass instead of the easy option that doesn't keep momentum, & he plays them very quickly, allowing the likes of Henderson & Coutinho to turn with the ball & attack.
He's very good positionally, & most of his defensive work is ace, the big negatives to his game or when he's at full stretch he is slightly out of control at times, & despite his size (or maybe because of it) he doesn't deal with close contact one of one situations as well as your expect.

Is this because you know he's completed the pass? I still can't put my finger on it (must be his frame) but i'm still a bit nervous watching him at times. Over 80% of his passes were forward at the weekend.

Fuck it, i'm in the 'HE'S BOSS' camp.

He looks like he's never in control, but he is. The passes he makes are sublime. He just has a bizarre playing style

On a side note, a cab driver was blowing the head off me about him after the Cardiff game. He had Sakho as a fare and was bringing him from a hotel in town to home. He welcomed Sakho to the club and all that baloni and Sakho kept saying 'Sorry, No English' and clearly didn't want to chat so taxi driver left him be. When they got near to his gaff, Sakho perked up and directed him with full English. LOL.

When paying Sakho realized he was short on the fair by a pound but insisted that the taxi waited and he'd go in a get the pound. He came back about five mins later with the solitary pound, no tip.

Taxi driver did seem full of shite but that was his story anyway. G'WAN Sakho you stingy quenelle loving bastard.

He's a beast, it's the nature of the beast to occasionally bite you.

He more than makes up for it. Clear starter

Tbf, I haven't seen anything from him that proves to me that he's better than Agger.

Tbf, I haven't seen anything from him that proves to me that he's better than Agger.

Then watch Soldago outsprint Agger in the second half against Spurs again... shudder. Basically he's made very few mistakes and although he looks awkward he's effective. Exact opposite of Agger

Then watch Soldago outsprint Agger in the second half against Spurs again... shudder. Basically he's made very few mistakes and although he looks awkward he's effective. Exact opposite of Agger

Jesus that again? Do you want me to post that Carragher gif that no one talked about?

How come you don't mention that dreadful tackle on Dzeko? Would Agger have done the same?

I really don't see the difference Sakho makes. What I've been reading here about his passing, possession etc is the same type of romanticising people did about Downing, Adam and Carroll. Sakho has done well, but I don't see how he's made that much of difference compared to Agger.
We're still conceding goals no?

Jesus that again? Do you want me to post that Carragher gif that no one talked about?

How come you don't mention that dreadful tackle on Dzeko? Would Agger have done the same?

I really don't see the difference Sakho makes. What I've been reading here about his passing, possession etc is the same type of romanticising people did about Downing, Adam and Carroll. Sakho has done well, but I don't see how he's made that much of difference compared to Agger.
We were conceding goals with agger too though.

Sakho is younger, stronger, and has more pace.

Plus he has the eyes of a sociopath. Combine that with the war criminal that is skrtel.... When they get the rapport going.... There will be blood

Oh, and agger probably wouldn't have done that, mainly because I doubt he would have been in the position to do that.

Agger is more of an anticipation defender. Usually snuffs things out before they start properly. When he's beaten though he doesn't put the greatest fight to win the ball back.

Skrtel and Sakho are quite reactionary.

You mean apart from the fact that he has more agility, acceleration, stronger defender, better in the air and has better passing stats.

We were conceding goals with agger too though.

Sakho is younger, stronger, and has more pace.

Plus he has the eyes of a sociopath. Combine that with the war criminal that is skrtel.... When they get the rapport going.... There will be blood

We were, but he's still got the best clean sheet record in the team.

Keep Sakho in the team, I mean we're still winning.

All I'm saying is people here want Sakho to be so much better than Agger that they're starting to imagine stuff.

Agger would've either been a few yards away trying to catch up while Dzeko put in a cross, or attempted to be physical and then flown into the Kop.

We were, but he's still got the best clean sheet record in the team.

Keep Sakho in the team, I mean we're still winning.

All I'm saying is people here want Sakho to be so much better than Agger that they're starting to imagine stuff.
Is it not possible, just SLIGHTLY possible, that you're the one imagining stuff about agger?

Who has the best clean sheet stat?

Agger obviously no one can argue that. My point is that sakho's all round game is superior to agger and that you can't deny. Hence why i'd rather the better player in the team and that better player is sakho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom