• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dead Eyes Sakho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a whole bunch of you are acting like morons in this thread. It is possible to praise a player without being unfairly critical of another player.

Agger wouldn't have got there....get a grip. This is the VC we are talking about. Someone who has started whenever he was fit in the last seven years when we have had some terrific defensive displays. May be he knows a thing or two about defending than the bunch of cunts in this thread?

If fitness wasn't an issue it would have been Dager + Skrtel for much of the season and rightly so. All three of them are good strong CBs with uniquely different attributes.

Its funny how everyone is so keen to jump on Modo...just have a look at yourselves.

I created the thread and I'm a big Agger fan KJ.

Skrtel has been playing immense defensive football lately. Everybody is rightly saying how great he is. He seems to go through phases in which he lacks confidence, though, and becomes a bundle of nerves. During those phases we all say he's shit. Remember he spent a few weeks last season warming the bench because Rodgers didn't trust him?

I think a whole bunch of you are acting like morons in this thread. It is possible to praise a player without being unfairly critical of another player.

Agger wouldn't have got there....get a grip. This is the VC we are talking about. Someone who has started whenever he was fit in the last seven years when we have had some terrific defensive displays. May be he knows a thing or two about defending than the bunch of cunts in this thread?

If fitness wasn't an issue it would have been Dager + Skrtel for much of the season and rightly so. All three of them are good strong CBs with uniquely different attributes.

Its funny how everyone is so keen to jump on Modo...just have a look at yourselves.

Most unusually for you, that's a heap of utter tosh.

If there's a group of posters who need reminding that "it is possible to praise a player without being unduly critical of another player" it's Agger's fans, with Modo way out in front since Kristian left. Far too many times over the years some of them have felt the need to disparage Skrtel so that Agger can - they suppose - benefit from the comparison. Small wonder if the reaction against that sometimes goes too far in its own right.

"This is the VC we're talking about". Your point is? That any criticism of him is automatically overdone? Leaving aside the suggestion that "he's started whenever he was fit" these last seven years - which I suspect is simply wrong, but has zero relevance anyway to the question whether he should play the next game - we've also had plenty of less than "terrific" defensive displays for which Agger's responsibility is no less than that of others in the side. For sure any Liverpool player knows more about defending than any of us - let's close the forum down then, because that's always going to be the case.

You don't know "it would have been Dager [sic] + Skrtel for much of the season". Some of us may suspect otherwise, but the fact is that none of us knows for sure. Anybody making a categorical declaration on the subject needs to "just have a look at" themselves, and that includes you.

Apart from a ten minute spell against City away and the mistimed tackle on Dzecko I cannot remember what he has done for so many to be unsure about him. Yeah he's leapt into the odd challenge but he's come out with the ball and not given many fouls away. Sure he is ungainly but his passing - alot of which is forward - almost always gets to the man. Considering he is new to the league and has been out injured I think he's been great, and he will only get better.

KJ ftw!

Julien_characterbig.jpg

He needs to lose some weight. Like Enrique he looks to be far too musclely for me. Carrying too much muscle will slow you down.
I think he and Enrique need to quit the fucking weights and do some cardio.

Some utter shite is being spouted in this thread.

He's 23, it's his first year in the most competitive league in the world, he has been slightly hampered by injury and he's had to learn (really learn, not just basics) a new language. I think he's done bloody great!

He's plenty of pace (would love to know of these lightning fast CBs that everybody seems to think we're missing out on), he's strong as fuck, he may have a funny looking technique but doesn't give the ball up cheaply (I can't recall it happening yet), he's great in the air and his passes usually find their man (often in a forward position). Just what is it people want?

Some utter shite is being spouted in this thread.

He's 23, it's his first year in the most competitive league in the world, he has been slightly hampered by injury and he's had to learn (really learn, not just basics) a new language. I think he's done bloody great!

He's plenty of pace (would love to know of these lightning fast CBs that everybody seems to think we're missing out on), he's strong as fuck, he may have a funny looking technique but doesn't give the ball up cheaply (I can't recall it happening yet), he's great in the air and his passes usually find their man (often in a forward position). Just what is it people want?

What are you getting so mad about?

Pretty much everyone on the board is on the whole positive about guy.

Odd!

I'm not mad, just a bit peeved that again people putting unrealistic expectations onto a player (one who's done well), while glossing over deficiencies in others (not necessarily referring to our players there either). I just wish some people were objective a bit more, even if they do have preferences in certain regards.

I'm not mad, just a bit peeved that again people putting unrealistic expectations onto a player (one who's done well), while glossing over deficiencies in others (not necessarily referring to our players there either). I just wish some people were objective a bit more, even if they do have preferences in certain regards.

Kompany?

He gets an easy ride doesn't he?, just off the top of my head there was that ridiculous own goal at Fulham, the Hull sending off and his horror show the other day which looks to have ended their title chance, bet theres more and hes rated as the best in the league.

He is a quality defender but mistakes seem to get swept under the rug with him where as Toure makes 2 big mistakes and is made out to be awful and a laughing stock even though he has played well and done a good job for us overall.

Definitely the current candidate for sure, though Terry, Vidic and Ferdinand are also recent defenders who have also been leniently looked upon during their supposed better days (all in traditionally winning teams though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom