• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diogoal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
50 goals in 130 matches.

I remember when we signed him most were underwhelmed.

Have he justified the price tag?

Can he overcome his injuries and get to 100.

Only 27 years old.

Brilliant to have him back, particularly with the other strikers out of form.

That said, Gakpo scored last match along with Salah, and Nunez this. So perhaps that will be the confidence boost they need. All good goals too. And Gakpos "goal" yesterday reminds me what a clinical finisher he can be.

Excting times..

[article]Since his first season with Liverpool (2020-21), no player has scored more Premier League goals as a substitute than Diogo Jota (7). His goal was his 50th for Liverpool in all competitions.[/article]

I wasn't underwhelmed - surprised at the signing, yes, but I remember thinking when Jota got one of his first goals how ice-cool he seemed to become when a chance came his way.

IMO he has to play down the middle. Quite a few here have touted him for a spot out wide, and he did play there at times for Wolves, but I don't think his overall game is particularly well suited to that position.

Look at his injury record. Ke misses way too many games. With the way these owners are, we need to recycle players more. he has more than paid his transfer fee but the question is if we got someone more available would we better off?
[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}23/24{/td}
{td}Muscle injury{/td}
{td}Nov 26, 2023{/td}
{td}Dec 24, 2023{/td}
{td}28 days{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Calf injury{/td}
{td}Oct 17, 2022{/td}
{td}Feb 10, 2023{/td}
{td}116 days{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Hamstring injury{/td}
{td}Aug 1, 2022{/td}
{td}Sep 1, 2022{/td}
{td}31 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Ankle injury{/td}
{td}Feb 14, 2022{/td}
{td}Feb 28, 2022{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Foot injury{/td}
{td}May 13, 2021{/td}
{td}May 24, 2021{/td}
{td}11 days{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Knee bruise{/td}
{td}Dec 7, 2020{/td}
{td}Mar 1, 2021{/td}
{td}84 days{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Shit goal celebrations but delighted he is back.

He does seem to play actual football like he does with his FIFA; plots a way, and executes the move perfectly. His goal, pass it forward, runs decisively, gets it back, shoots, goal, cool as a cucumber. No one does it better.

He’s easily the best finisher we’ve had in the Klopp era.
What?
I love Jota but a goal in every 2.6 games is hardly a case for being easily the best finisher in the Klopp era.
Sturridge was miles better at finishing.

What?
I love Jota but a goal in every 2.6 games is hardly a case for being easily the best finisher in the Klopp era.
You're right in theory, but Sturridge was a shadow of himself when Klopp took over.
He was still a great finisher but had trouble getting himself into a position to finish anything.

What?

Sturridge at his best is a better finisher sure, but not many would think he’s been a mainstay in the Klopp era.

You're right in theory, but Sturridge was a shadow of himself when Klopp took over.
He was still a great finisher but had trouble getting himself into a position to finish anything.
Jota has scored 50/130 he scores important goals but he’s not a great finisher by any stretch. Not too long along people wanted him sold or dropped as he was missing changes and without goals the argument was he offered little. I like him a lot but this idea of him being an amazing finisher is a stretch.

Ok so this season alone Salah has a higher conversion rate than Jota.
What say you now?

No idea. The idea that Jota is our best finisher is preposterous to me. And I’m a big Jota fan.
Sometimes you just have to leave stats out of it. I grew up watching Fowler play and to this day I think he's the best finisher we've ever had.

The eye test tells me Jota is a better finisher, but I believe Salah gets a whole lot more opportunities than he does and also creates a lot more for himself hence scores more.

Sometimes you just have to leave stats out of it. I grew up watching Fowler play and to this day I think he's the best finisher we've ever had.

The eye test tells me Jota is a better finisher, but I believe Salah gets a whole lot more opportunities than he does and also creates a lot more for himself hence scores more.

Modo knows

Fowler’s conversion rate is high though and he did it for a longer period.
Klopp nailed it when he said sometimes when a player is out they suddenly become super human with their ability to win us games in the eyes of fans.
Jota has had just as many terrible misses as the next guy.

Fowler’s conversion rate is high though and he did it for a longer period.
Klopp nailed it when he said sometimes when a player is out they suddenly become super human with their ability to win us games in the eyes of fans.
Jota has had just as many terrible misses as the next guy.
Yeah I saw that interview. Can't say for certain but I think Klopp just wanted to be diplomatic.

Not according to the stats I’ve read but funny how a min ago you said ‘sometimes you have to ignore stats’ which is ridiculous in its own right in any case. Stats aren’t everything but they play role in evaluating any players contributions.

Yeah I saw that interview. Can't say for certain but I think Klopp just wanted to be diplomatic.
I think he was calling out the obvious. Our fans jump all over the place.

I’ve no doubt Gomez is one fuck away from being labeled useless again and not up to it and needs replacing.

Not according to the stats I’ve read but funny how a min ago you said ‘sometimes you have to ignore stats’ which is ridiculous in its own right in any case. Stats aren’t everything but they play role in evaluating any players contributions.
Lol, I didn't look up stats, I answered your stats with a tweet from someone who looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom