• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do Newcastle ambitions inspire concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beginning to think that Dreamie would sign all those Newcastle players “in a heartbeat” because of his love of the Mancs - it would certainly weaken us.

Well we should soon see which clubs will buy Newcastle's players in a heartbeat. I rather suspect it won't be us or any other top clubs.

Well if you really want to get into it...our “squad depth is shite” and you’d take “in a heartbeat” the following :

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Fraser (we also looked at)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

So let’s look at Dreamies scouting brilliance.

Lascelles - a sixth choice for CB behind Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Konate and Phillips - not counting Koumete and the other 3 CB’s we have our on loan.

Genius.

Lewis - bullet dodged - been awful in a shit Newcastle side and would be lucky to be a third choice LB.

Ryan Fraser - 22 games for Newcastle - zero goals- “we looked at” then rightly decided a traffic cone would be better utilised. This is him at his peak mind...

Almeron... we’d be better signing Santiago Munez - another bang average player who has been coveted by precisely zero top teams.

Willock - the youngster Arsenal we’re happy to fuck off - is he shite? Maybe not... but he’s certainly not on anybody that’s not a half wit’s list of “in a heart beat” signings

Wilson - you banged that drum when you were proudly telling the world that him and Ryan Fraser would make us much better team - another average player that’s found his level - they were key players in the Bournemouth team that went down - and now they’re helping Newcastle struggle.

Saint-Maximin - truth is I wouldn’t sign him in a heartbeat either - even if he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the team - I don’t think he’s got the end product for a top side.

There’s a reason that Newcastle are bottom of the league - it’s because their players are shite - and I’d touch none of them with a barge pole.

So yeah... there are plenty of players I’d sign “in a heartbeat” to improve our “shite” squad depth... just not 7 from one of the worst teams in the league.

And yes... I will call you a idiot... because you’re being idiotic... like you were when you originally wanged on about signing Wilson & Fraser... like when you were wanging on about how excited you were that Roy Hodgeson was going to be managing us... like when you were telling us about what a great manager Ange Postecoglu is.. and all the other dumb ass things you keep coming out with over the years for reasons no one can ever quite fathom other than to be contrary or because you’re a dumbass.

If you had said Saint-Maximim might be a potential option from the bench at the right price or Willock or Lewis might be ones to keep an eye on to see if they can develop into something that MIGHT be an option from the bench, you’d have had a at least the beginnings of a point.

But you didn’t... you went full Dreamie.

Here... have one of your green smiley faces :D

There's a certain irony to a poster telling us that Klopp hasn't quite reached expectations, while advocating the purchase of any of 7 players from the worst side in the league. Eh.

I really hope managers and players boycott Newcastle because of their connections to those fucking murderers. I hope they get reminded of Khashoggi and their murderous rampage in Yemen during every game.
But it's not gonna happen. Money talks.

It's not up to fans to suddenly become Human Rights activists because some nut-jobs have purchased the club. The onus is on the PL to prevent that and stand up for the values it supposedly preaches. Football is about escaping the boring job, shitty weather, nagging kids, etc. Fans can't walk away from a culture that's so engrained into their way of life they would be lost without it, especially in a one club, football city like Newcastle.

Everything is just sold to the highest bidder. We're not so different. Standard Chartered are being sued to financing the Taliban. Does any LFC fan care? Not especially.

Football in England is at the real messy, dangerous end of capitalism, where football clubs are assets, a means to sports wash, or something to extract money from.

Fan ownership was the only way to prevent this.

Last edited:
[article]
The hostility among Premier League clubs to the Newcastle United takeover was underlined on Monday when they voted through legislation designed to prevent the Saudi owners from striking lucrative sponsorship deals.

Newcastle made it clear at the emergency meeting of all 20 clubs that they considered the rule change, which will temporarily ban commercial arrangements that involve pre-existing business relationships, to be anti-competitive. They were represented by Lee Charnley, the incumbent managing director, rather than Amanda Staveley, the director and minority stakeholder, who is now responsible for running the club on a day-to-day basis. Charnley is understood to have made it clear that his club had legal advice to say that the amendment was unlawful.

But the clubs pressed on with the vote and it was passed with 18 votes in favour and only Newcastle against. Manchester City abstained. It is believed that they did so on the basis of legal advice that the process was unlawful. City, who are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, have had deals that are known as related party transactions. An example was the one that saw Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi government-owned carrier, sponsor them.

[/article]

Let battle commence.

There’ll be no battle.

The war has been lost already.

The Premier League will change the rules back as soon as they get their slice of Saudi pie.

Funny that City abstained... not like they could complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom