• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Does he have a point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I posted this is because I've actually never seen anyone make that argument before and it kinda got me thinking, does he have a point?

That is a very disingenuous statement. I understand Rodgers is not exactly flavor of the month because he is no Klopp but he is a very good manager in his own right.

I agree that Rodgers should have worked more with Edwards and company and not created a rift, that is definitely his fault. But at the same time, you cannot remove any credit for Rodgers for the development of Coutinho. Sturridge also played his best football under him. Rather than rely on Carroll, Rodgers removed him and created the SAS attack. For all his faults when the player fit his profile, Rodgers knows how to fashion an attack. The way Firmino and Can was used - that is on Rodgers.

Aspas and Alberto have done well elsewhere but most likely that is because they fit a slower league. I highly doubt they would have been effective under Klopp also. Also Aspas, a "La Liga legend", a bit of an overstatement of his La liga status. Nobody goes - list of great La Liga strikers - Raul, Ronaldo, Aspas, Suarez, Eto'o, Benzema, Butragueno.

Agree with all the points about Klopp having too much responsibility. But why are we surprised? Isn't that the common trajectory of LFC managers. Houllier, Rafa, Rodgers - all went through that phase. Over achieved, fought for more control, got it, filled positions around him with people whom they liked, made perplexing transfer decisions, and then spend enough time on the sidelines to become a villain. Klopp is too savvy and a different kind of individual - so he wont make his issues public or use the media, thats all.

That is a very disingenuous statement. I understand Rodgers is not exactly flavor of the month because he is no Klopp but he is a very good manager in his own right.

I agree that Rodgers should have worked more with Edwards and company and not created a rift, that is definitely his fault. But at the same time, you cannot remove any credit for Rodgers for the development of Coutinho. Sturridge also played his best football under him. Rather than rely on Carroll, Rodgers removed him and created the SAS attack. For all his faults when the player fit his profile, Rodgers knows how to fashion an attack. The way Firmino and Can was used - that is on Rodgers.

Aspas and Alberto have done well elsewhere but most likely that is because they fit a slower league. I highly doubt they would have been effective under Klopp also. Also Aspas, a "La Liga legend", a bit of an overstatement of his La liga status. Nobody goes - list of great La Liga strikers - Raul, Ronaldo, Aspas, Suarez, Eto'o, Benzema, Butragueno.

Agree with all the points about Klopp having too much responsibility. But why are we surprised? Isn't that the common trajectory of LFC managers. Houllier, Rafa, Rodgers - all went through that phase. Over achieved, fought for more control, got it, filled positions around him with people whom they liked, made perplexing transfer decisions, and then spend enough time on the sidelines to become a villain. Klopp is too savvy and a different kind of individual - so he wont make his issues public or use the media, thats all.

What bothered me was the bit about Aspas and Alberto being able to make it elsewhere as if the reason they didn't make it at LFC was because they weren't given a chance.
I'm not sure I can co-sign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom