• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enter Shaqiri (Done Deal!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we'll see how this one pans out.

I wanted him years ago when he was still at Basel and an up and coming star. Now I'm not so sure anymore. The talent is clearly there - I'm not sure about the attitude though.

Happy with this deal. On form he is a great player. For the price we’ve paid this is a steal if he can maintain some of that form. And as mentioned above, he’s probably just turned into our no.1 attacking option from the bench, I’d much rather be bringing him on than sturridge/ings/solanke/origi/ghost/Henderson/lallana etc, I think he just pips the ox.

BB84F02C-556F-4A34-BEAB-E2F5A3386F02.png

Klopp - ‘So tell the lovely fans what your favourite food is Xerdan’

‘HUUUUUUUEEEHHHH CHIPPY CHIPS!!’

I'm interested to see how he'll do. Would I prefer bringing him in rather than Solanke or Ings or even Lallana when we're looking for something, or need to rest one of our front 3? Yes I would.

It's gonna take some time for him to adjust to Klopp's system so I'd expect him to be restricted to a bench role in the first few months like it was for Ox.

We are all making the assumption that our front 3 will perform like they did like last season - I do not think that will be the case. I think all three maybe a little depressed after the world cup that they have had. So I think Shaq will get plenty of chances with us and will as most people have said improve hugely under Klopp.

We are all making the assumption that our front 3 will perform like they did like last season - I do not think that will be the case. I think all three maybe a little depressed after the world cup that they have had. So I think Shaq will get plenty of chances with us and will as most people have said improve hugely under Klopp.

May as well stick a fork in him now.

For the price it's worth a shot. He can't be coming in knowing anything other than he has to fight for his place which means he'll have to up his game, become more consistent and deliver on the early potential he showed in his career.

If he ends up in the starting 11 then he'll have done most of that. At the very least he strengthens the squad.

To me he looks like the antithesis of a Klopp player so I reckon this will be one he's gone along with, due to the price tag.

I've talked myself into this one. Pleased with the signing even though id have been apoplectic a month ago that he is our key new attacking player.

I first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard. Furthermore, while Burroughs was thinking about this crude example of the irony of the gods that evening, a bulletin on the radio announced the crash of an airliner in Florida, USA. The pilot was another Captain Clark and the flight was Flight 23

The same Pennant that helped us get to a CL final ? - well if he is that good then I am all for this transfer.

The excuses are being used for this transfer as was used for pennant. A squad filler who brings experience. I kinda thought we were past those days He has been round the block a few times.

If I had the interweb powers I would put the B-52s Love Shack video here, not to spoil everyone's weekend but to plant a subliminal positivity.

I've a feeling he's gonna tear it up for us

Yes me too. Also the guy is very versatile and I reckon he could potentially fill the roles of both Salah/Firminio and also a Coutinho role too as he is a creative forward. If we get Fekir, plus defender and a goalkeeper - I reckon we could be contenders but I have a feeling it will stop with Fekir plus maybe a goalkeeper.

The excuses are being used for this transfer as was used for pennant. A squad filler who brings experience. I kinda thought we were past those days He has been round the block a few times.
Are they like for like level players? Same pedigry and experience on top of skill set and goals?

I've a feeling he's gonna tear it up for us
Me too. Not really that excited about him obviously, but he was easily Stoke’s best player and terrorized several teams. He’s got a sweet left foot and naturally slots in where Salah plays. Good acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom