• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2012 - Day 3 - Spain/Italy & Ireland/Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
579439_384451161612553_2089434561_n.jpg

Stupid question, are the northerners also behind you?
I suspect that most of the nationalist poulation would be and I would like to think that there would be a majority of the rest that would wish us well also.
No doubt there are a few hardcore that would wish us ill as there would be if the roles were reversed.

Why do you keep asking these questions on Irish football divisions anyhow modo?
I hope you are not trying to stir the shit?

I suspect that most of the nationalist poulation would be and I would like to think that there would be a majority of the rest that would wish us well also.
No doubt there are a few hardcore that would wish us ill as there would be if the roles were reversed.

Why do you keep asking these questions on Irish football divisions anyhow modo?
I hope you are not trying to stir the shit?

Absolutely not, I'm just very curious and I've been reading up on the whole situation, you know the good friday agreement, the easter rising, James Connolly etc.
I'll never know how it is to have lived through the troubles hence my questions about Catholics vs Protestants, northern Catholics defecting, a unified Irish team etc.
I also have Ethiopian roots (through my parents) and they fought to keep the Italians out and later on the country split into Ethiopia and Eritrea. Same culture, basically the same language etc.
But the reason I'm with the Irish is mainly because of the Irish influence in Liverpool. Aldridge, Whelan, Houghton, Staunton, Lawrenson etc.

Okay, sound.
To be fair it probably should be the Norn Ireland lads answering your question as I can't really speak for them and who they will support.
If it were northern Ireland playing in the Euros I think most of the football population south of the border would at worst passively support them

How popular is St Ledger these days? I've got a completely irrational dislike of him purely due to what a dick he seemed years ago in the documentary about Peterborough. He was just a kid the time and has probably matured dramatically, but I've never warmed to him since then!

All we fucking need is Modo sticking his neb into Irish cultural politics. Keep your neb out.

As for me, I've always wished the Irish well; back in the mists of time I even had a big party at my first flat for people to come around and watch them beat the Italians in U.S.A. I am feeling much less supportive with the poaching of players issue, and I think many protestant Northern Ireland fans are probably feeling ambivalent about the Republic at best. Which is a shame.

If it were northern Ireland playing in the Euros I think most of the football population south of the border would at worst passively support them

you reckon ? i thought the Northern Irish team was more associated with the Protestant community , hence why most the catholic players and community choose the Irish team and the reason Lennon and others were abused when playing for them . With that in mind i didn't expect many in the south to care too much for the N.Irish team either .But i'm far from an expert on the subject so could easily be wrong .

All we fucking need is Modo sticking his neb into Irish cultural politics. Keep your neb out.

As for me, I've always wished the Irish well; back in the mists of time I even had a big party at my first flat for people to come around and watch them beat the Italians in U.S.A. I am feeling much less supportive with the poaching of players issue, and I think many protestant Northern Ireland fans are probably feeling ambivalent about the Republic at best. Which is a shame.
We can give you back Darren Gibson if it helps?;)

As you know Doc I don't particularly agree with the poaching of players.
Where as it certainly improves the ROI team it does more harm I think to the greater good in Norn Ireland

But is it really poaching? According to the good friday agreement it's well within their rights to do so.

you reckon ? i thought the Northern Irish team was more associated with the Protestant community , hence why most the catholic players and community choose the Irish team and the reason Lennon and others were abused when playing for them . With that in mind i didn't expect many in the south to care too much for the N.Irish team either .But i'm far from an expert on the subject so could easily be wrong .
Well from a starting point the Northern Irish teams in Spain 82 and Mexico 86 were well supported down south.
The antipathy around the qualifying for the 1994 World Cup between the two teams didn't help matters, but I still think that they would get modest support bordering on ambivalence from the majority of ROI supporters.
All hypothetical I guess.

But is it really poaching? According to the good friday agreement it's well within their rights to do so.
Modo, I think you should stay out of this argument as it certainly looks to me like you are shit stirring

Modo, I think you should stay out of this argument as it certainly looks to me like you are shit stirring
OK, I guess I'm wrong then.
For the record I reserve my shit stirring for Adam, Downing and Henderson apologists.

In other news, Molly The Octopus has made her first pick of the day.....and it's Spain !

OK, I guess I'm wrong then.
For the record I reserve my shit stirring for Adam, Downing and Henderson apologists.

So in other words you are trolling me?

I reserve the right to tell you to get to fuck you dull-witted cuntrag.

No. Not at all modo. It's a posters daughter

*shakes head*

Who would've thought after seeing half of the teams now these would be the star players:

Kjaer
Agger
Pilar
Dzagoev
Arshavin
Salpingidis
krohn-Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom