• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2012 - Day 4 - France/England & Ukraine/Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carroll won't even start

That's my opinion by the way. Wellbeck's a far better footballer.

I actually like Wellbeck but I just thought that Carroll had proved himself quite capable of hitting the net and put in an inspiring performance these past months. Enough to warrant a go, especially as he'd do well with the players around him imo.

Ah well. Never agreed with Roy benching Agger back in the day either.

I don't rate Wellbeck nearly as highly as Carroll and I reckon he'll end up playing for a mid-table EPL team within 18 months.

I'm concerned by the lack of anti-English bile on here. Are the French really below the English in these stakes? Shows how low they've got!

Even Liam wants us to win!

Well this is just great. The only game I fancied keeping an eye on during work hours, and the office network has gone for a burton.

Sweden should really beat that poor aging Ukraine side.
England and France to play out a 1-1 draw I'd say.

I'm with Kenny. In fact, if Evra and Terry could just end up in some sort of horrible collision that splatters both of them, I'd take that.

HEJA SVERIGE

sweden.jpg

And here is a reason for everyone on here to support England against Sweden. And if that's not good enough, remember the poster called Sven...
Sven isn't Swedish. The name Sven isn't exclusively Swedish either. There's a Bender in the german national team called Sven.

Viera said last night that the French defenders would rather face Welbeck than Carrol, they are mobile enough to cope with his runs and movement. They are dreading a physical battle vs Carroll. Looks like they will be pleased.

What's going to be the French defence - Mexes and Rami? Better to go with pace rather than aerial prowess if that's the case. I'm still amazed Blanc left out both Sakho and Yanga-Mbiwa.

Ok, with Welbeck starting I'm going for a 2-1 win to France. I think they'll dominate and be leading 2-0 before Hodgson brings Carroll on for the last 20 minutes. He'll batter the French CB's all over the place, England will gain the upper hand and score but it will be too little too late. Tomorrow it will all be about what might have been if Carroll had started.

Ok, with Welbeck starting I'm going for a 2-1 win to France. I think they'll dominate and be leading 2-0 before Hodgson brings Carroll on for the last 20 minutes. He'll batter the French CB's all over the place, England will gain the upper hand and score but it will be too little too late. Tomorrow it will all be about what might have been if Carroll had started.

Reminds me of fa cup final that does

France XI vs England: Lloris, Debuchy, Evra, Rami, Mexès, Cabaye, Ribéry, Nasri, Malouda, Alou Diarra, Benzema

AvHi6hZCMAIAwyN.jpg:large

Reminds me of fa cup final that does
Yup. Hodgson leaving Carroll out tonight is as bad (and as obviously bad) a decision as Kenny leaving him out of the cup final. Horses-for-courses..........if you have a team who possess lightweight CB's and don't want an aerial bombarment why would you not pick your battering-ram forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom