• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of hype around him when we were linked, but I have to say, Goetze has never really impressed me whenever I've seen him. I don't really see what he excels at to cost upwards of 25m?

He's in my fantasy team, purely because he's a midfielder playing upfront, but he's basically done nothing in the game and a half he's played.

There seems to be a lot of hype around him when we were linked, but I have to say, Goetze has never really impressed me whenever I've seen him. I don't really see what he excels at to cost upwards of 25m?

He's in my fantasy team, purely because he's a midfielder playing upfront, but he's basically done nothing in the game and a half he's played.

We'll get him if he plays shit.

This Germany team is not really that much better than Poland, if you think about it. For sure they don't have anybody like Lewandowski in attack, and I think they could have used Milik too. Right now the German attack is pretty much is kind of the stereotypical "Arsenal" – lots of neat and tidy players, but no true goal-scorers and not much pace and power either. That is, if you don't count Khedira, who plays DM, but joins the attacks often.

Last edited:
Hummels has been excellent aswell. Seems to be underrated on here for some reason.

Fucking brilliant result for NI !!!

I've got to pay tribute to ITV, too. For the Republic games, they hunted high and low to find a suitable ex-Republic player as a co-commentator and found...Andy Townsend. Today, for the Norn Iron game, they found...Iain Dowie. Only ITV could manage to find two Lahhhndahn-sounding faux Irishmen to represent the Irish.

Germany 0 -0 Poland
That's what happens when German Coach doesn't take matters into his own hands. .

I've got to pay tribute to ITV, too. For the Republic games, they hunted high and low to find a suitable ex-Republic player as a co-commentator and found...Andy Townsend. Today, for the Norn Iron game, they found...Iain Dowie. Only ITV could manage to find two Lahhhndahn-sounding faux Irishmen to represent the Irish.

Can I also say I've gone right off Slavin Bilic. In fact, I reckon he's a cunt.

So Poland should have beaten Germany 2-0. We lost to Poland 1-0. Which means we will beat Germany 1-0. @StevieM

So, taking my meticulous research into account, the only possible result against Germany is 1-0. Its easy money for the gambling man. Look at the facts....

The last time we had a team that was qualifying for tournaments we played Germany twice. I've checked the records, and here were the results:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}17 Nov 1982{/td}
{td}Northern Ireland v West Germany{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}1-0{/td}
{td}UEFA European Championship{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16 Nov 1983{/td}
{td}Germany v Northern Ireland{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}0-1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:
I think he's got a bit of the Mourinhos about him, I feel the same

After the Poland game, he basically said, 'that's the way they always play, but they've been lucky'. The cunt couldn't have seen a single match, the smelly looking fucking wanker.

So Poland should have beaten Germany 2-0. We lost to Poland 1-0. Which means we will beat Germany 1-0. @StevieM

So, taking my meticulous research into account, the only possible result against Germany is 1-0. Its easy money for the gambling man. Look at the facts....

The last time we had a team that was qualifying for tournaments we played Germany twice. I've checked the records, and here were the results:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}17 Nov 1982{/td}
{td}Northern Ireland v West Germany{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}1-0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16 Nov 1983{/td}
{td}Germany v Northern Ireland{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}0-1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I concur with your research - in fact, independently, I conducted the exact same research and arrived at the same conclusions.

You all realise that if the current standing remain the same after the final group games.....

The Mighty Noron Iron will have the pleasure of sending England home in the next round.

You all realise that if the current standing remain the same after the final group games.....

The Mighty Noron Iron will have the pleasure of sending England home in the next round.
At least there'll be no chance of any fan trouble before the game...

At least there'll be no chance of any fan trouble before the game...

Your use of an ellipsis suggests you think there might be, but I really very much doubt the English and Norn Iron fans would fight. A bit of bantz. Like when we last beat England at Windsor the lovely reversal of one of England's songs as we sang 'are you Scotland in disguise...'.

Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom