• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 Squads being announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an average unbalanced squad but it's young and we could still try and build for the future.

We are so badly lacking in someone to implement a proper strategy across all levels and have been for years.

What was the point of any of the guys we've had in charge over the last 15 years?

None of them have really been interested in anything other than being able to point to a respectable win ratio at the end of the day and perhaps a respectable finish in a tournament if they're lucky.

England focuses far too much on today rather than tomorrow hence Rooney as captain and Hodgson as manager.

Blimey, Hodge after the game - he's already sounding ludicrously over-defensive.

It's understandable. A win is great and all, but the performance and set up of the team is probably going to be quite harshly reported in the media, with various comments about him trying to shoehorn Rooney in, and four players looking rather lost positionally

I bet the introduction of Wilshere will also somehow be spun into a case for him starting, too. Despite not making any difference at all

It's understandable. A win is great and all, but the performance and set up of the team is probably going to be quite harshly reported in the media, with various comments about him trying to shoehorn Rooney in, and four players looking rather lost positionally

I bet the introduction of Wilshere will also somehow be spun into a case for him starting, too. Despite not making any difference at all

It's maybe a bit understandable but the man has barely any awareness of how to play the media. It's painful to watch.

I saw a feature on the Beeb site about how many of the 2016 squad would have made the Euro96 squad. 20 years and all that. I was surprised to see a lot of people's sides with more players from 2016.
Personally, I wouldn't put a single player from 2016 in the 96 team. That and 98 was our last really good tournament teams I reckon.

Its not a great squad at all. There isnt one world class player in this squad.
Its bang average.
Fair enough, great is an overstatement, but it's not bang average, with the right set up it's capable of going quite far, Roy Hodgson is the one who makes it bang average.

Mystic is correct. This squad with a bit of luck is well capable of losing on penalties in the quarter finals.

Dreamy, Mystic, Hansern all being pessimistic about England means they'll at least get to the Semi finals

They maybe make the semi's but that'll be it and even then they'll have to be super lucky to.

England's squad is not very good.

Everyone seems to be running with the 'Where should Rooney play' question; nice to see we've not moved on in two years. I didn't watch the game, so is it as simple as I heard on the radio this morning? Rooney in the side means too many players shunted out of position? I've read Vardy and Kane were too wide, but was that their fault rather than the formation's?

It does seem silly that we're putting together a team last minute.

It's maybe a bit understandable but the man has barely any awareness of how to play the media. It's painful to watch.

He always seems to be trying to display a certain amount of intellect by avoiding cliches and attempting to be honest and straight-talking, but it often just comes across as a pompous, humourless old windbag talking to his grandkids.

And that's on a good day. He seemed to save an awful lot of his bad days for his mercifully short tenure as Liverpool manager.

I still can't quite believe he ever was.

Fair enough, great is an overstatement, but it's not bang average, with the right set up it's capable of going quite far, Roy Hodgson is the one who makes it bang average.

Yeah, I said it earlier on. The squad is full of good players. Some are very good indeed. But England squads always are. I know people bemoan the lack of 'genuine proven world class talent' or whatever, but I don't even know what that is anyway.

He always seems to be trying to display a certain amount of intellect by avoiding cliches and attempting to be honest and straight-talking, but it often just comes across as a pompous, humourless old windbag talking to his grandkids.

And that's on a good day. He seemed to save an awful lot of his bad days for his mercifully short tenure as Liverpool manager.

I still can't quite believe he ever was.

That he did, and it isn't hard to see why. He's a moderately able manager who got promoted beyond his ability, was rapidly sussed out by the fans, knew it and reacted as in fact various Scandoes, in the media and on here, warned us he might. Gets England job, rinse and repeat.

I don't think it matters that much that England lack a world class player. It could help them as a unit. They've got some very promising young players without the nagging neuroses that dogged previous squads, they've got a good set of attacking players and, if they're brought together as a proper team, they could do very well. But last night was baffling. Warm up games are hard to evaluate at the best of times, what with the possibility of tactical experiments and players avoiding injuries, but Hodge certainly encouraged his critics with that set-up: two strikers as wide men, one midfielder reduced to being little more than a back up right back, and a centre forward kept out of the box in order to command most of the free kicks. It could all be an elaborate bluff, but Hodgson seems to be having some weird kind of internal argument with himself that's breeding incoherence out on the pitch.

As with every england manager, the simple request would be to players in thier proper postios.

As per usual, Engand seem dont want want to drop a star as the big nations have done so we have stuck with 4/5 attackers playing out of postion.

This is the moment when Guy Goma was told of Hodgson's tactical plan:

duPh4t.gif

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Porto), David de Gea (Manchester United), Sergio Rico (Sevilla).
Defenders: Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Hector Bellerin (Arsenal), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid).
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Bruno Soriano (Villarreal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid).
Forwards: Pedro (Chelsea), David Silva (Manchester City), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Aritz Aduriz (Athletic Bilbao), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid).

Also done Morata top scorer (20/1) and a small one on Kane top scorer (16/1) cos he's a cunt and I'd like him more if he won me some monies.

I fancy Italy.
Best defence out of the big teams. I always fancy a defence to beat an attack.

Belgium to win off and on the field. As proven by this cunt sporting the Euros2016 look

Pray be the worst and Smalling has fucked up his knee. I couldn't have hoped for a better injury to inflict beautiful pain upon Roy Hodgson.

I have no faith in that Spain team at all. Even think England will do better.

France is where my money is going. Germany prob only real threat for them.

Croatia a dark horse maybe. Italy could go far as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom