• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 Squads being announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney has ended the season in fine form.
Wilshere I agree with, but its hardly a massive risk with Alli, Dier, Henderson, Berkeley etc who can play there.

If I were in charge of England I'd play Rooney as the CM. Not dangerous enough in attack anymore but has showed rather big potential in dictating play from the middle of the park.

Dier behind him and Alli and Barkley beside him with Kane and Sturridge on top. Something like this:

.......................................Hart........................................

Clyne/Walker.........Cahill....Smalling......Rose/Bertrand

.......................................Dier........................................

................................Rooney.........................................

......Alli..............................................Barkley.................

..................Kane................Sturridge............................

Then I'd put a tenner on you to win it though there's probably a couple of more likely candidates still, however this is as I see it your best players and the most balanced team you can muster.

I would be surprised if he didn't play this team, and it's mine too:

----------------------------Hart--------------------------

Clyne-----------Cahill-----------Smalling--------Rose

--------------------------Dier------------------------

-------Delle Ali-------------------Milner---------------

------------------------Rooney------------------------

-------Kane-----------------------Vardy-----------------

Biggest question would be Clyne vs Walker and Milner vs Wilshere, and if he is tempted to play Stones vs Cahill (although injuries/ fitness may dictate some of those)

The irritation with Wilshere's inclusion is that Drinkwater should have gone instead, other than that I wouldn't have much of a problem with Wilshere being in the squad, except for the fact that you just know that Roy is going to go with him as our first choice midfielder. As for Rooney, he's been in decent form, and he should definitely be in the squad, however he shouldn't be starting ahead of Alli, Kane, Vardy or Sturridge, and he certainly shouldn't be playing in midfield, so that's where the problem lies as once again you just know Roy will shoe horn him into the starting eleven.

Outside of the exclusion of Drinkwater, who should have gone ahead of both Wilshere and Henderson, it's a good squad, the front three of Ali and two of Sturridge, Kane or Vardy, is very very good, and thats where we'll win games. Give them a solid base of Dier with two of Henderson, Milner, Barkley in front of them and we'll do well. Unfortunately he'll either play Rooney as the AM pushing Delle Ali back, or heaven forbid, he'll play a midfield two of Rooney and Wilshere, meaning that better teams will drift through our midfield like a summer breeze.

Biggest question would be Clyne vs Walker and Milner vs Wilshere, and if he is tempted to play Stones vs Cahill (although injuries/ fitness may dictate some of those)

The problem with that line up is that Rooney isn't as good a number 10 as Delle Ali, and Delle Ali's talent is better utilised playing behind the strikers, not as a box to box. I do think that'll be the line up Roy goes for though, well maybe swap Milner for Wilshere, however I wouldn't put it past Roy to go super catious and play Henderson instead of Ali.

Yep - I'd go with that, Wilshere and Sturridge on after 60-70 minutes.

The problem with that line up is that Rooney isn't as good a number 10 as Delle Ali, and Delle Ali's talent is better utilised playing behind the strikers, not as a box to box. I do think that'll be the line up Roy goes for though, well maybe swap Milner for Wilshere, however I wouldn't put it past Roy to go super catious and play Henderson instead of Ali.

He'll play Delle Ali.

SORRY: DELE ALLI

When England had Alan Fucking Shearer and Michael Owen up front, ahead of a world class midfields and defenses, plus a good manager, they were hardly banging in goals for fun. What the hell is Harry Kane going to do? He is a far lesser striker, being supplied by a useless midfield and an unspeakably poor defense. This optimism makes no sense. If he scores a single goal at Euro 2016, I'd be surprised.

I think for Drinkwater to be included you would have needed Kante in the squad

When England had Alan Fucking Shearer and Michael Owen up front, ahead of a world class midfields and defenses, plus a good manager, they were hardly banging in goals for fun. What the hell is Harry Kane going to do? He is a far lesser striker, being supplied by a useless midfield and an unspeakably poor defense. This optimism makes no sense. If he scores a single goal at Euro 2016, I'd be surprised.

KanevChelsea30.gif

I'm not so sure. Kane's a good player and has proven that he was no flash in the pan in his debut season, but he's been lucky to play in the Prem while its overall standard hasn't been all that, and he'll find things a lot more difficult against good European defences. I actually think Vardy has more of a chance of upsetting some of those defences with his pace, provided he gets some decent service and Hodgson doesn't stick him out wide again.

Nailed it with the exception of Walker.
I think thats our best team. If it was me I would probably not play Rooney, push Alli further up and throw Henderson or Wilshere in next to Dier and Milner.

This is deffo one of those 'Nobody wants to get injured' games.
Played like a testimonial.

The formation isnt working very well.
Alves getting sick of seeing Kanes big open gob and tries to kick it shut.

Ha ha, that didn't last long! That was one of the most reckless fouls I've ever seen.
I was all 'Please dont send him off ref, we need a tough test'
Then I saw the replay!! Holy fuck.
Some Carl Douglas shit right there.

It's Roy Hodgson, what do you expect? Great squad is going to be squandered by a abhorrent manager.

It's Roy Hodgson, what do you expect? Great squad is going to be squandered by a abhorrent manager.

Well, you expected Kane to glide past three defenders and smash the ball into the net. I hate to say this, I truly truly do, but, you know, I told you so.

Its not a great squad at all. There isnt one world class player in this squad.
Its bang average.

Awesome performance. Brilliant. We could win this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom