• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FA Cup Games third round games (6th - 9th Jan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My big concern is that if Chelsea actually sack Potter and Everton sack Lampard.....there's a chance that they (Everton) might get Potter and that's not good

Which is why the PL should make a rule that no club can appoint a manager if he's already been in 2 jobs that season.

Makes the league look like an even bigger joke.

Which is why the PL should make a rule that no club can appoint a manager if he's already been in 2 jobs that season.

Makes the league look like an even bigger joke.

So if you get sacked after changing teams, you can you have to remain jobless? I don't understand the logic here...

It’s no different to player rules is it? You cannot play for more than two separate teams in a single season from the same federation. Or had that been jibbed off?

I could be wrong, but I thought that was to stop Big Clubs buying players from their rivals indirectly, and or clubs effectively loaning players out to screw their rivals.

Same shouldn't need to apply to managers surely?

So if you get sacked after changing teams, you can you have to remain jobless? I don't understand the logic here...
Didn't say jobless but for me manager's shouldn't get the privilege (on top of what they get already) to manage 3 different clubs in the Prem in any 1 season, that's scandalous.

That rule would then come into manager's thoughts when deciding best time to move and not just "for the sake of it"

Month into 23/24 season "Fuck it I've had enough at Fulham, time to take that offer from Brighton"

4 months after being sacked for doing a shit job "ok time to move back down to where I was, Everton!"

2 months after being sacked for being relegated and with a month of the season left "ok lets go back to Fulham"

Nobody wants that in the game and definitely not the PL, makes a mockery.

How many times has someone managed more than 2 Premier League teams in one season?

Not many but believe it or not we used to live in a world where managers were given time so there was never a need for it ... you know the good old days of football, but there are a fair few clubs out there who appoint more than 2 in one season and that also should also warrant imposing a ban on.

Surely if a manager is so bad they got sacked twice you have to be pretty stupid to appoint them, but if you love Big Sam that much I don't see why anyone should stop you, especially if you're Everton.

I am just not convinced there are any clubs who have hired 3 managers in a season (unless you include caretakers). I think binomial is dreaming up a rule to stop something that never happens from happening.

On a parallel topic - Did you know that when the English parliament passed some legislation around homosexuality in the 19th century and the bill was taken to Queen Victoria to sign off, she refused to sign it as she did not believe there was such a thing as lesbianism,

I am just not convinced there are any clubs who have hired 3 managers in a season (unless you include caretakers). I think binomial is dreaming up a rule to stop something that never happens from happening.

Watford have done it twice in the past 5 years. Obviously an outlier.

Edit: first manager of the season was an incumbent but got fired early in the season both times.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watford_F.C._managers

I can't think of any occasions where a single manager has taken charge of 3 separate clubs though.

Before tonight Pep managed 15 domestic cup quarter finals and won 15. 0 draws 0 defeats.

Southampton 2-0 City

Southampton hitting a bit of form ahead of a relegation 6 pointer against the might of Frank Lampard's Everton.
Are they? Didn't they lose their league game at home to Forest?

Bit of form is like what Fulham are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom