• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho injury - out for the rest of the decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didnt have the scans yesterday, so everything reported so far is guesswork but so far its been "reported" 4 weeks and 4-6 weeks.

Probably 4 weeks then, with hopefully a more speedy recovery than that. We''l manage.

6PZw80bz_normal.jpg

Liverpool FC

We can confirm Fabinho suffered ankle ligament damage during our encounter with Napoli.

Out for 8 weeks as per Melissa Reddy. We're fucked. He's our most important midfielder.

Massive loss, I'm hoping Gini can deputise in the mean time. Which are our hardest games in that period?

Grujic hasn't been in great form either apparently. Not sure if we can recall him, but we're going to need bodies at the very least.

We have just 4 fit CMs, and Keita is never available in any case. Can't count Lallana as a CM.

We will be fine..

We have Lallana/ Hendo/ Winjnut/ Milner/ Keita/ OX to cover midfield..

I would play Hendo/ Wijnaldum/ OX as my first choice front 3..

Second Choice Lallana/ Milner/ Keita

Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson - Holding/ CM

Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri - CM/ AM

There's options, certainly, but that's 6 players - 7 if you include the hopeless Keita - who can make a CM trio.

It's awful news, but we have bodies.

Salzburg (A) and Leicester (A) are the two stand out fixtures before a possible return where we would really have needed him.
In the league our fixture list is «kind» up until the Leicester game and we should be able to cope with the options we have.
Step up The Ox or Keita with Hendo or Gini as the nr 6, most likely Hendo.

Its a massive loss though, arguably our most important player after Van Dijk.

8 weeks minimum out .

Eek, I seriously hope Wednesday night isnt looked back upon come may as the end of our boss run in the league !

It is a massive blow, as he really stands out in a elsewhere decent midfield. He makes the players around him better.

Having said that we have shown earlier that we are not depending on individuals these days, and have delivered some of the most cracking games with key personnel on the sidelines. It is time for others to show what they are made of, and yes I am looking at you Naby!

He's part of the spine of the side, so it is seriously bad news. He's the one member of the midfield who can't be easily replaced. However, we do have plenty of good players in midfield, and whilst he will certainly be missed, we can win games without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom