• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho injury - out for the rest of the decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Such have his recent performances been that we've come to take him for granted. This is a big loss.

Gini is a good alternative forward/striker. Deploying him as a DM is not ideal but we have no choice.

id try Lallana in all fairness..

Though i'm thinking of the Lallana of season past.. I Always though his game would suit as a DM.. Presser, good tackler, good distribution

If he can stay fit that is..

His tackle success rate is higher than any other Liverpool midfield player, even Fabs..

Lallana gets pushed over and is too weak in the air to be our DM. It was horrendous against Arsenal and Aston Villa. Gini is our second best option there.

And so it begins...

We needed luck with injuries this season. Salah looks like he's struggling and now this.

If we can bring Grujic back, we probably should do.

Ox, Lallana and Keita are made of glass. Milner can't play every game and is also needed to cover LB.

We're pretty short.

We should be fine with the fab injury. There is enough cover in the middle of the park

if one of the front 3 / vvd are out for a similar time it could be game over.

Awful, awful news but if there’s one area where we have lots of bodies it’s midfield. My guess is Hendo goes back to dm and I’d have Gini and Ox take the other 2 spots.

Games are too important to mess around with Lallana learning the position and Hendo’s done it before.

If 433 I prefer Gini as a DM than Hendo because he is good on the ball and very tactically disciplined - he doesn't seem to be frustrated that he's playing there - the problem is those "ghost" games he has... We can't really afford those

Maybe we can play 4231
2 of Milner/Hendo/Gini
Salah/Mane wide and one of Ox/Keita
Bobby has to stay up top as he always seems at his best in that "defending from the front" position - and when he drops deep the opposition CB's have a problem

This is bad news though : (

Good to start with two home games. That should (not sure it will though) give us the opportunity to control more of the ball and ease in one of the guys to the holding role

The good news is that this might force Klopp to try to be ore offensive midfield wise. Also what about playing Trent in midfield and Gomez or Hoover at right-back. Trent in midfield would take away the pain of Fabs injury a bit sure we would lose him at right-back but most teams treat Trent with disdain at right-back anyways with regard to hid defensive side. With Trent in midfield we retain that defensive solidity in midfield (obviously not as good as fabs but still) and then Gomez/Hoover can tighten up at right-back. Keita has to come back into the fold, I'm surprised he hasn't settled as quickly as we would like.... When I think about Tottenhams Sisssoko I think maybe there is a chance Keita could get back to form. Spurs spent a big wad on Sissoko and for a year plus he was classed as a flop but suddenly last year during CL run he became a beast. There is hope for Keita but now is the time to step up!

Well at least now when we win it Blue Fume can’t add ‘luck with injuries’ to the excuses as to why we bitch slapped their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom