• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fifa are cunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=45492.msg1341511#msg1341511 date=1306951183]
Let's be honest about this though, if you want a lot of countries to get behind reform, you don't want England to be leading the charge.
[/quote]Quite. Its tragic seeing the FA (one of the shittest organisations in the world) trying to change another of the worst organisations in the world.

I cant see any way to improve the situation. The whole thing is corrupt as fuck.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45492.msg1341501#msg1341501 date=1306950621]
I was thinking that earlier. Im never going to see a world cup in England.

[/quote]

No, but me & my mates are in the midst of organising (alright, discussing when drunk) a camping trip next year for the Euros. You're welcome to join us!

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=45492.msg1341530#msg1341530 date=1306953391]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45492.msg1341501#msg1341501 date=1306950621]
I was thinking that earlier. Im never going to see a world cup in England.

[/quote]

No, but me & my mates are in the midst of organising (alright, discussing when drunk) a camping trip next year for the Euros. You're welcome to join us!
[/quote]FUCK YEAH!!

Themn - all the stuff about how wonderful total football is. They've been in 2 finals and lost 2.

People forget about Hungary, yet go on about Holland. They've won as many as Scotland.

Like i say, arsenal. All done 'the right way', but ultimately, who cares? Uruguay have won more.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=45492.msg1341717#msg1341717 date=1306961337]
Themn - all the stuff about how wonderful total football is. They've been in 2 finals and lost 2.

People forget about Hungary, yet go on about Holland. They've won as many as Scotland.

Like i say, arsenal. All done 'the right way', but ultimately, who cares? Uruguay have won more.
[/quote]Three and three isn't it?

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=45492.msg1341690#msg1341690 date=1306959900]
Oooooooooo fancy jon
[/quote]

Nah, cheap & cheerful. Flights to as close as possible that don't cost the mother fucking earth, train/hire car to outside a city with some games on(prob not England, prices will be stupid unfortunately) & catch as many games as possible while enjoying the scenery & peace, probably on some farmers field. Oh, & a fair few beers.

So they've won a European Championship ?

It's not Holland's fault that the Hungarian's aren't talked about as much.

You're acting as if the Dutch have conspired with some dark forces to make the Hungarians less important somehow, and that all the quality players and teams they've produced are an illusion that only you can see through.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=45492.msg1341795#msg1341795 date=1306967381]
as much as the Dutch, but were just as revolutionary (if not more so), yet no one gives a fuck about them.
[/quote]

What about the Austrian Wunderteam of the 1930's?? nobody gives a fuck about them either.

Reading between the lines many FA's seem to think that Blatter has done a good job in increasing FIFAs turnover and lining their pockets in the process, the unpopularity of England internationally no doubt doesn't help matters but ... a semi-benevolent dictatorship is pretty good compared to what many member nations no doubt.

Its just a shame that it is considered politically naive or sour grapes to actually take a stand against nepotism and blatant corruption.

On the bright side at least now we are certain of the ground rules, to win a major tournament you needn't have stadiums or infrastructure ( Russia), nor be low crime ( south africa) you dont even need a footballing tradition or culture ( Qatar) all you need to do is line the pockets of the smaller nations and you have a good chance.

Its wrong... yeah.... its really wrong in fact but.... fuck it at least now we know for sure what the score is. We've never been squeaky clean ourselves anyway so what the fuck... bribe the cunts is clearly the only way for us fans to see a world cup in our lifetimes. As for my little Englander pride in the game well... too late for misplaced sentimentality. It is all about money. We do have the disadvantage of being hated by a large number of nations ( argentina isn't the only one), fucks sake even our so called allies in the US hate us, one look at any US tv show or film will tell you that! We do have the advantage of a well established diplomatic network, im sure we could just pull the plug on various aid projects etc unless a vote was forthcoming etc.... maybe we could get some of the sponsors who rake it in from British punters to put on a few incentives... throw a few large brown envelopes around...

It wont be any more sickening than being attacked like today.

If you reallly can't beat em join em i say!

Either that or just let international football completely die in this country, a more moral standpoint obvioulsy but i quite enjoy seeing us get humped every four or eight years.

If we withdrew from FIFA does it have any effect on the Premier League and European Cup?

Are players registered to FIFA etc?

Re: Re: Fifa are cunts

I wouldn't like fifa 12 if it had merseyside red instead of liverpool

I think Johnny Foreigner has it all wrong, many are now they are suggesting we are winging out of sour grapes for not getting the WC, they don't believe that for one minute they want any dissenting FA's to lose all credibility and be brought into line, it's the first time for several decades the FA have grown themselves some bollocks and they should not let it rest, it's a pity some of the other federations other than Scotland did not have the guts.

Tim Vicary was on Talk Shite before saying they all have long memories of being fucked over by Sir Stanley Rous in the seventies, and the South Americans felt they were tucked up in 66. If that is the case FIFA are a bigger mess than I actually thought.

Molby is right there is a feeling that Blatter has done a good job, and in many ways he actually has, but you can't just turn a blind eye to corruption on that basis.

Blatter is a perfect example of Lord Acton's famous quote:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men"

We knew from investigative journalism FIFA was corrupt before the vote for Russia and Qatar, we just did not realise how corrupt. Voting for Qatar eleven years before it is due to be held so all the incumbents get to share the benefits now was a master stroke. The Journalist should nopt let it rest either and leave it with a job half done.

I personally think we could live with not getting the World Cup, there was a good case for Russia, and I believe the FA now just want to see a level playing field (excuse the pun) for all future votes, we really do just want to see things done right. From a lot of fans perspectives, including specifically Liverpool fans, we don't really care that much about World Cups and the like, but we don't like to see people amassing fortunes and looking after each other in such a seemingly overtly corrupt way.

There really should be an in-depth international independent investigation on FIFA and either prove the depth of it or show we were all wrong.

regards

It's obnoxious. I have written to Coke and Adidas and to Damian Collins, MP, who is leading the campaign to reform Fifa, if you're really angry about it, I suggest you do the same.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=45492.msg1341824#msg1341824 date=1306969738]
If we withdrew from FIFA does it have any effect on the Premier League and European Cup?

Are players registered to FIFA etc?
[/quote]

I read today that if we withdrew from FIFA, they could pull the licenses of all the foreign lads playing in the Prem

Blatter said: "These gentlemen are more or less advisers, they are not the experts, but advisers.

"They should be a kind of 'council of wisdom' which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom!

"I have also contacted the Spanish singer... Placido Domingo - he is happy, he is proud that he is part, and Kissinger also. People say he is an old man, but he is a wise man."

Hmm we need someone to review our dodgy , corrupt useless organisation and sort us out ....who should we call ? i know - an opera singer !
Fuck me .

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=45492.msg1344333#msg1344333 date=1307392637]
Blatter said: "These gentlemen are more or less advisers, they are not the experts, but advisers.

"They should be a kind of 'council of wisdom' which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom!

"I have also contacted the Spanish singer... Placido Domingo - he is happy, he is proud that he is part, and Kissinger also. People say he is an old man, but he is a wise man."

Hmm we need someone to review our dodgy , corrupt useless organisation and sort us out ....who should we call ? i know - an opera singer !
Fuck me .
[/quote]

Hahahaha. Oh fuck me. An opera singer from a country renowned for football corruption and a politician.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=45492.msg1344336#msg1344336 date=1307392985]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=45492.msg1344333#msg1344333 date=1307392637]

Fuck me .
[/quote]

Hahahaha. Oh fuck me. An opera singer from a country renowned for football corruption and a politician.
[/quote]

Fear not , Johann Cruyff is also on this "council of wisdom" .

You couldn't make this stuff up! A fucking opera singer and an 88 year old Kissinger - FIFA is a fucking circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom