• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forest vs PGMOL

From that angle you would say so but it’s inconclusive if that’s the only angle to go by so it’s understandable why it wasn’t given, it can’t be if you don’t have the sufficient technology. I reckon it’s either one of them where it’s 95% over or over by 5%

From that angle you would say so but it’s inconclusive if that’s the only angle to go by so it’s understandable why it wasn’t given, it can’t be if you don’t have the sufficient technology. I reckon it’s either one of them where it’s 95% over or over by 5%
Don't watch the ball - watch the ball's shadow (I doubt the lights from the PoV would be stronger than the lights behind). Clearly over the line.

Last edited:
I hope this noise doesn't delay the City stuff any further. I imagine the PL only has a finite amount of lawyers and I'd like as many as possibly supporting the case against City.

Don't watch the ball - watch the ball's shadow (I doubt the lights from the PoV would be stronger than the lights behind). Clearly over the line.
Tbh it's quite criminal this is even a talking point, over the goal line or not in 2024. The Prem has had this in place for how long now? Since the 2014 World Cup, no? There are enough instances of tight goal line clearance calls that warrants this being mandatory in every top league.

& of course the big incident just so happens to occur in the biggest match possible. Gap could've been closed to 5 and now it's 11? Holy manoly.

Hopefully Barcelona get their replay.

So we can then turnaround and say it's set a precedent, and demand a replay for that Spurs game, should we finish 2pts behind Citeh. :ROFLMAO:

The whole condemnation of anyone publicly challenging PGMOL is farcical. The same pundits make a living criticising referees, but when a club publicly challenges decisions they all hop on their high horse. Not to get all Blue Moon, but the reaction (or lack of one) from Sky to the illegitimate Spurs goal demonstrated the relationship between PGMOL and the broadcasters. No discussion. No replay. Just swept under the rug until it became impossible to hide. Broadcasters and pundits are in a cosy position of not having their jobs put at risk by poor decisions. They play both sides and expect nobody to notice or care.

Last edited:
Football is one of the simplest sports in the world.

Yet they're all so eager to always over complicate the matter, which probably stems from their lack of understanding.

"degree of normal contact", who says that?

"I'm seeing no clear action by the defender" what, you mean apart from Young lunging in from behind?

The VAR isn't biased here, he's weak. Taylor is being really assertive that he got the decision right and the VAR doesn't have the balls to contradict him. Piss poor.

i can’t even remember what VAR is supposed to do any more, its looking for clear and obvious errors isn’t it?

if that’s the case then what ‘direction’ are the VAR guys supposed to come at it from, because that seems to be random and a part of the problem. you describe this guy as weak and i agree, the weakness for me can be interpreted as the VAR official looking at this from the direction of ‘can i possibility agree with the on field decision’

what we actually want and what surely is supposed to happen is the official looking at a decision and asking ‘is this decision wrong?’

it’s a fucking mess, it’s all so loose and unprofessional even after the nonsense with Diaz where this was pointed out to them. they may as well just tell the ref ‘looks good mate, will i see you for beers after?’

Another day, another scandal, another deflection.

It's never going to improve because they seemingly don't want it to

By the way, imagine if planes were crashing all over the place, and people started to get annoyed at the air traffic controllers that routed them onto the same runways at the same time. The response could then be "they're human, guys, they're going to make mistakes."

This is many many times easier than that, and yet the air traffic controllers and pilots have a consistent way of communicating with each other, that requires confirmation on both parties, and they have a point based review process so that incidents cause write-ups that ultimately drive good air traffic controllers into good positions, and bad ones out of the entire industry.

The people evaluating them are wholly independent. This whole thing is just a pile of shit process. Yes, it's human, that's why we need systems and oversight, because otherwise humans fuck things up and cover for each other.

Reminds me of the Mac Allister-Doku incident. Looking at the video and hearing them talk, you’re not sure it’s actually the same incident, because their description doesn’t match what’s happening on the screen at all.

I thought they were learning how to bring in black and white questions.

This should have been

VAR: What did you see?
Ref: I saw the defender play the ball
VAR: The defender did NOT play the ball
Ref: In that case it is a penalty

None of this 'mutual tussle' bullshit. Ask the ref his rationale, then prove if it is an error or not. The ref even tee'd this one up saying "defender played the ball", which he clearly didn't

By the way, imagine if planes were crashing all over the place, and people started to get annoyed at the air traffic controllers that routed them onto the same runways at the same time. The response could then be "they're human, guys, they're going to make mistakes."

This is many many times easier than that, and yet the air traffic controllers and pilots have a consistent way of communicating with each other, that requires confirmation on both parties, and they have a point based review process so that incidents cause write-ups that ultimately drive good air traffic controllers into good positions, and bad ones out of the entire industry.

The people evaluating them are wholly independent. This whole thing is just a pile of shit process. Yes, it's human, that's why we need systems and oversight, because otherwise humans fuck things up and cover for each other.

Agreed. I think they need to stop VAR being run by referees, there should be a qualified referee reviewing the video, but there should be an intermediary who runs the whole process i.e. ascertaining referee decision making (as per previous post above this) and running a clear set of checks where the VAR Ref (who has the video) gives their assessment and the on field gives theirs. I don't think the VAR should talk to the Ref.

Imagine this:

VAR Intermediary: Ref - what was your view
Ref: Defender played the ball
VAR Intermediary: VAR - what happened in the video
VAR: Defender didn't play the ball
VAR Intermediary: Ref - the player didn't play the ball, please change you decision

There is too much discussion between VAR and Ref trying to help the ref justify his decision. The aim here is for the whole refereeing team to run a game by the rules, at the moment it feels very Ref vs VAR.

Back
Top Bottom