• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forget about our woes and laugh at United 1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=themn link=topic=47267.msg1416084#msg1416084 date=1319408936]
[quote author=the count link=topic=47267.msg1416077#msg1416077 date=1319407581]
[quote author=Dee link=topic=47267.msg1416072#msg1416072 date=1319406967]
[quote author=the count link=topic=47267.msg1416061#msg1416061 date=1319404065]
on MOTD2........

Young dives for a free kick yet no comment.
Is the beeb still afraid of Fergie?
[/quote]

If they'd discussed that rather than the absolute fucking bum-rape Utd just suffered I'd have been gutted
[/quote]I was talking about the match commentator.
It was crystal clear from the replay that Young dived yet nothing said. Fergie got lots oh air time saying Suarez dives all over the place the fucking hypocrit.
[/quote]

What happened to the laughter, hmm, count ?

What happened to the cotton-pickin' fun ?
[/quote]

racist

Seeing the glum miserable faces of those twats in the stands was fucking ace. We shouldn't be getting all happy and gloating? Fuck off.

They rested a fuck loads of players against us and then city hammer them. When they beat arsenal 8-2 there was Facebook pages made to commemorate it.

I'm delighted they got beat. I'm always happy to see united lose.

Im in the GKMacca, Mark camp.
I couldnt give a fuck about United. So they got thrashed. They'll now go and win their next 10 games or something while we splutter against Norwich and West Brom.
Im not gonna say im not happy to see them lose but a draw would have been better for us.
What are we 10 points off the top now after NINE games?!
Forgive me but i couldnt give a shit what happens to United.

Of course we have to get our own house in order first but it's still funny though dude.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=47267.msg1416121#msg1416121 date=1319417384]
Gutted United lost.

Would MUCH rather see them win the league again.
[/quote]

I hate what Man City are doing but i'd rather they win than United any day of the week.

Its all so sobering that man city are taking our place in the top 4 - and our continued misteps with those two owners will mean this slide will not be rectified any time soon.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47267.msg1416118#msg1416118 date=1319414505]
I couldnt give a fuck about United. So they got thrashed. They'll now go and win their next 10 games or something while we splutter against Norwich and West Brom.
Im not gonna say im not happy to see them lose but a draw would have been better for us.
[/quote]

I agree, I smiled at the result but the scheme of things what the f*ck does it matter, both of them will finish a good 15 points ahead of us.

Let's just hope for a domestic cup double.

I never thought we'd win the league but 10 points off after 9 games is sickening.

Drawing with Sunderland was a reality check, drawing with Utd was a kick in the guts, but drawing with Norwich showed us up for what we are, a 2nd rate team.

Very sad times

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=47267.msg1416137#msg1416137 date=1319429126]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47267.msg1416118#msg1416118 date=1319414505]
[/quote]

I agree, I smiled at the result but the scheme of things what the f*ck does it matter, both of them will finish a good 15 points ahead of us.

Let's just hope for a domestic cup double.

I never thought we'd win the league but 10 points off after 9 games is sickening.

Drawing with Sunderland was a reality check, drawing with Utd was a kick in the guts, but drawing with Norwich showed us up for what we are, a 2nd rate team.

Very sad times
[/quote]
+1

Amusing though it is that United got thumped - and given how they have behaved over the last 20 years it HAS to be amusing - the depressing part of it is that we are confined to just laughing about it from the sidelines. One top side beat another top side and it makes no difference to us at all.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47267.msg1416120#msg1416120 date=1319417251]
Of course we have to get our own house in order first but it's still funny though dude.
[/quote]Not really. 6 years ago we were winning the champions league and they were in the Endsleigh league.
Now we are drawing with Norwich in 7th and they are humping United.
I dont see any joy in it to be honest.

Can you not view them as different entities. Surely you watched the game or heard the result and had a quiet smirk at united getting a thrashing regardless of who they were playing.

Take the CL final, I was happy Barca stuffed them. Yeah of course I lamented at the fact we weren't in it but at that moment in time during the 90 mins of that particular game I was happy they lost.

Same for this weekend. Our draw ruined my sat. The united result didn't make up for it any way but in still happy they took a thrashing.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47267.msg1416201#msg1416201 date=1319445619]
Can you not view them as different entities. Surely you watched the game or heard the result and had a quiet smirk at united getting a thrashing regardless of who they were playing.

Take the CL final, I was happy Barca stuffed them. Yeah of course I lamented at the fact we weren't in it but at that moment in time during the 90 mins of that particular game I was happy they lost.

Same for this weekend. Our draw ruined my sat. The united result didn't make up for it any way but in still happy they took a thrashing.
[/quote]The Barca game was slightly different as we werent in that competition so i could be a bit dispassionate about it all.
This is so far removed from anything I could take any joy out of.
I played football last night and two of the lads I play with are Manchester United fans and i didnt even mention it to them because i KNOW what happens next.
Net result of the weekend. We're 2 points further from the top.

I never taunt united fans when they lose, cause they keep winning the league. I havent mentioned their loss to city to any of them really. It's a fruitless exercise but I do think it's okay to poke fun at their thrashing on a Liverpool fans forum.

They drew against stoke a few weeks back and the other games thread was littered with people posting their pleasure at the fact they didn't pick up three points.

Were all well aware of the bigger picture and how far we are off the pace but united being beaten 6-1 at home will always be a bit of lol moment for me.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47267.msg1416221#msg1416221 date=1319446798]
I never taunt united fans when they lose, cause they keep winning the league. I havent mentioned their loss to city to any of them really. It's a fruitless exercise but I do think it's okay to poke fun at their thrashing on a Liverpool fans forum.

They drew against stoke a few weeks back and the other games thread was littered with people posting their pleasure at the fact they didn't pick up three points.

Were all well aware of the bigger picture and how far we are off the pace but united being beaten 6-1 at home will always be a bit of lol moment for me.
[/quote]When they drew with Stoke we probably hadnt realised quite how far Away from them we are. Lets not forget they beat Arsenal 8-2 a few weeks ago. An Arsenal team who we struggled to beat until they went to 10 men.
Sorry ILD i dont mean to be a grouch, I just cant remove our position in regards to this outcome from the mix. Its not 'good' for us that another team is soooo much better than the team to beat in 'our' league even if they are our local rivals.
Look at it this way, Someone you hate starts fucking the girl you love, reeeeally well. Then someone else you dislike comes along and she leaves one for the other.
IM STILL NOT GETTING LAID!! I dont care about the one i hates lack of action! The woman I love is fucking someone else.
While im getting handjobs off a drug addict tranny.

Yeah thats a shit analogy. But shit is how i feel. We're liverpool. Crowing about other teams defeats that dont effect us positively is a sign of where we are.

Not only are you not getting laid, you've begun to realize that the girl you love is just an expensive whore.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47267.msg1416230#msg1416230 date=1319447309]

[/quote]When they drew with Stoke we probably hadnt realised quite how far Away from them we are. Lets not forget they beat Arsenal 8-2 a few weeks ago. An Arsenal team who we struggled to beat until they went to 10 men.
Sorry ILD i dont mean to be a grouch, I just cant remove our position in regards to this outcome from the mix. Its not 'good' for us that another team is soooo much better than the team to beat in 'our' league even if they are our local rivals.
Look at it this way, Someone you hate starts fucking the girl you love, reeeeally well. Then someone else you dislike comes along and she leaves one for the other.
IM STILL NOT GETTING LAID!! I dont care about the one i hates lack of action! The woman I love is fucking someone else.

Yeah thats a shit analogy. But shit is how i feel. We're liverpool. Crowing about other teams defeats that dont effect us positively is a sign of where we are.
[/quote]

You see for me, and i think i get away with this because i'm of the younger "not seen us be dead boss" generation, I think we're where we have been for most of my football viewership. I don't see our githful place at the top of the league because we haven't done anything consistently enough for years for me to say we deserve to be there.

To abuse your analogy:

The girl i love and crave has been sleeping with others for years, many many years. Sure, i occaisionally get some tang of varying quality, ranging from average to super hot (league cup and CL) but not consistently enough. Why should i feel like i deserve the one i crave? I'm a decent bloke (but not the best), mildly attractive (but not the best) and i have a bit of cash (but not the most). Theres no reason why i feel like she SHOULD be mine. When the others get their heart broken by them i laugh because i'm jealous of them, but i know i won't get her. Yes sometimes i've put in some decent legwork (the times we' ve finished second) but i always come up short, wether it be cash, looks, or just an inability to close the deal.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=47267.msg1416236#msg1416236 date=1319447651]
Not only are you not getting laid, you've begun to realize that the girl you love is just an expensive whore.
[/quote]Yup. She'll fuck whoever has the most cash. Your history together and your standing amongst your peers means nothing.
Shes a bitch and unless you ante up you wont be fucking her anytime soon.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47267.msg1416239#msg1416239 date=1319447853]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47267.msg1416230#msg1416230 date=1319447309]

[/quote]

You see for me, and i think i get away with this because i'm of the younger "not seen us be dead boss" generation, I think we're where we have been for most of my football viewership. I don't see our githful place at the top of the league because we haven't done anything consistently enough for years for me to say we deserve to be there.

To abuse your analogy:

The girl i love and crave has been sleeping with others for years, many many years. Sure, i occaisionally get some tang of varying quality, ranging from average to super hot (league cup and CL) but not consistently enough. Why should i feel like i deserve the one i crave? I'm a decent bloke (but not the best), mildly attractive (but not the best) and i have a bit of cash (but not the most). Theres no reason why i feel like she SHOULD be mine. When the others get their heart broken by them i laugh because i'm jealous of them, but i know i won't get her. Yes sometimes i've put in some decent legwork (the times we' ve finished second) but i always come up short, wether it be cash, looks, or just an inability to close the deal.
[/quote]Its because our PR people and our Agents (Manager) keep being shit.
We need a sexy young PR agent in suit.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47267.msg1416251#msg1416251 date=1319448206]
We need a fucking facelift and implanted muscles
[/quote]

We need to get down the gym never mind plazzy surgery

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47267.msg1416267#msg1416267 date=1319449044]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47267.msg1416251#msg1416251 date=1319448206]
We need a fucking facelift and implanted muscles
[/quote]

We need to get down the gym never mind plazzy surgery
[/quote]

pffft. Too much effort!