• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Frim 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind admitting that he's been ace. Far from it, brilliant news!

That doesn't change the fact that he was mediocre when he was mediocre. Or am I missing something?

I don't mind admitting that he's been ace. Far from it, brilliant news!

That doesn't change the fact that he was mediocre when he was mediocre. Or am I missing something?

You're missing nothing as far as I can see as It's always been about opinions. My own opinion is that even when he wasn't as prolific as he is now, it was pretty clear (to me, anyway) he was a fucking good player and crucial to Klopp's side.

You're missing nothing as far as I can see as It's always been about opinions. My own opinion is that even when he wasn't as prolific as he is now, it was pretty clear (to me, anyway) he was a fucking good player and crucial to Klopp's side.

Hes always been intrinsic to how klopp wants to play, but last season you could argue we could improve on him

This season its hard to see how

Hes always been intrinsic to how klopp wants to play, but last season you could argue we could improve on him

Yeah, fair enough.

I guess in my view the only thing he lacked was goals but we never lacked them as a team so what was the issue? I never got (and still don't get) the obsession with who is scoring the goals. As long as they are being scored, it doesn't matter. And if he wasn't scoring them previously, Firmino was definitely contributing to them.

Maybe I am been too kind to him as I have always liked him but I sometimes think that the more "Klopp" players that he has around him the better he looks and the more his football intelligence shines through.
He always linked well with Coutinho and and now Mane and Salah are perfect for his game.
Put him up front with a couple of plodders or players who only seem to play for themselves and he would probably look poor again.

Maybe I am been too kind to him as I have always liked him but I sometimes think that the more "Klopp" players that he has around him the better he looks and the more his football intelligence shines through.
He always linked well with Coutinho and and now Mane and Salah are perfect for his game.
Put him up front with a couple of plodders or players who only seem to play for themselves and he would probably look poor again.

But who woudn't? And I don't know what you argue here. If he Plays With good players, he blossom and make the team/other players better which should be fine.

I see that i.e. Sigurdsson is piss weak for Everton compared to Swansea, and that's probably lot's of factors. But he has allright temammates that also look dogshit. So the Whole environment for playing certain styles/ways is a different League With us and you could probably argue that Salah would not have the season he has without players like Firmino doing the dirtywork.

I can't see us not buying some boss players in the summer. CL dough, Coutinho dough, in profit, vastly improved asset value, main stand income, increased corporate dough both in the stadium and with all these deals... there should be a couple of hundred million for players.

Yeah, fair enough.

I guess in my view the only thing he lacked was goals but we never lacked them as a team so what was the issue? I never got (and still don't get) the obsession with who is scoring the goals. As long as they are being scored, it doesn't matter. And if he wasn't scoring them previously, Firmino was definitely contributing to them.

Who's scoring the goals isn't an issue for me either, but last year our midfield wasn't contributing enough and we often found ourselves struggling to break down teams. That's the moment where you want someone as the 9 who would take the half chances, and firmino was quite wasteful.

As much as goals being spread is ideal, it's a rarity, and most sides need at least 1 player consistently hitting double figures in the league

In the 130-year history of Football, Roberto Firmino becomes the first player to create 50+ chances and complete 60+ tackles in a single season Add to that, 14 assists and 25 goals this season and counting!

This season its hard to see how

"We could we improve upon him" is different from "he's a fat useless fucking melt" 85 times in every match thread.

Hence why this gets brought up repeatedly. And rightly so.

In the 130-year history of Football, Roberto Firmino becomes the first player to create 50+ chances and complete 60+ tackles in a single season Add to that, 14 assists and 25 goals this season and counting!

Tackles aren't really a good measure of all strikers though are they?

What's that record for chances created?

Plus get to fuck with the 130 yr rubbish.

I'm sure Opta were loving the game back in 1892

I still remember how miserable he was playing with Benteke. They were from different planets.

Last edited:
"We could we improve upon him" is different from "he's a fat useless fucking melt" 85 times in every match thread.

Hence why this gets brought up repeatedly. And rightly so.
Definitely agree, but he wasn't the only one who thought we could get better...arguably the only one who was so vehemently opposed to him, but others thought we could improve

Tackles aren't really a good measure of all strikers though are they?

What's that record for chances created?

Plus get to fuck with the 130 yr rubbish.

I'm sure Opta were loving the game back in 1892

Relax mate. Lukaku scored again yesterday.... Will be a good week for ya

The great thing about Firmino is how he enables (just by his presence) space for Mane and Salah.

If you ever play 5-a-side or even 11 a-side youll know that if you mark their best player out of the game they struggle. Theres always one you can allow the ball a bit because you HAVE to mark the others.
You simply cannot afford Bobby time and space on the ball, meaning you cannot man mark Salah or Mane.

Its beautiful to watch the ‘which one will do something amazing game’ week in week out

Firmino has been massively helped by the injection of pace either side of him. The majority of the criticism came before Mane arrived and when he was still adjusting to the league. I never quite throught he would be this prolific but then Salah has been serving up chances on a plate all year and to be fair Firmino has been returning the favour. They've been our two best players all year with Robertson and Milner not far behind. It's been great to see.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom