• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Gakpoll

Prefix for Poll Threads

Based on what you’ve seen (at LFC and before), will he be a success here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermmm... I'd have to say none of them options really fit where I'm at. Not quite "too early to tell", because he should've at least shown a bit of something to indicate what he's good at by now. He doesn't beat men, he's not quick, particularly skillful, physical, determined etc... but by the same token, I'm still expecting him to improve. But these initial signs are not good. At all.

Something like, "I'll give him more time, but I'm concerned."

Obviously I'm a bit of a wind up on here and dramatise my actual views for a laugh. So if I'm being honest about Gakpo, I'd have to say he'll never make it here and needs to be castrated with a rusty fishing hook.
Hahaha - fair enough. And whilst we're being honest I know I'm an utter cunt - but it makes me happy telling other utter cunts they are too.

I'm in the too early to tell camp, however it's pretty certain he's not getting ahead of a fully fit and firing Diaz. I don't see the amount of ability that ensured we were forced to act, at the expense of a midfielder, before his value sky rockets.

I know Gakpo can strike the ball very well, and deliver great crosses, so there's more to come. But he's not quick and struggles to beat a man. I thought both were essential components for our wide-forward positions. This was before meddling Pep Ljinders put a spanner in the works. Who knows what we are anymore?

I'm in the too early to tell camp, however it's pretty certain he's not getting ahead of a fully fit and firing Diaz. I don't see the amount of ability that ensured we were forced to act, at the expense of a midfielder, before his value sky rockets.

I know Gakpo can strike the ball very well, and deliver great crosses, so there's more to come. But he's not quick and struggles to beat a man. I thought both were essential components for our wide-forward positions. This was before meddling Pep Ljinders put a spanner in the works. Who knows what we are anymore?

Yeah, it's gonna be some fucking unbelievable, monumental turnaround if he's gonna look anywhere near the level of Mane, Jota or Diaz. It's a bewildering signing given our woes in midfield. I actually think he's been bought with the view of being Firmino's long term successor, but again, we don't need to act there now. Madness.

Once we have a decent midfield to feed him he’ll be a fantastic player for us but currently we fail him simples..

Feels like we just bought a young Origi again, for 45m.
How can you guys write-offf a guy 3 games in when everyone else is equally dysfunctional.
WTF has Fabs and Hendon done?You then have Thiago who is trying to be captain marvel and failing. Naby is so fucking weak and slow. Konate in the absence of VVD looks like half the defender. Gomez, seems clueless most of the time
Trent, I have said so much about this whole season very few positives

Last edited:
Just curious how many are actually “writing him off” already.
Me, I also never liked Kuyt. Liverpool strikers are like new fighter Jets that set standards for the rest of the leagues teams. This new guy represents the start of our decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom