• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gaston Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
32838457110-ramirez_gaston.JPG

DOB 02/12/1990
Place of Birth Fray Bentos
Nationality Uruguay
Height 183 cm
Weight 78 kg

According to reports Manchester City are interested in Uruguayan winger Gaston Ramirez.

Ramirez has stated publicly he is happy at his current club, Bologna, although he did talk about moving to a ‘bigger level’ in the summer.

City are believed to have pursued the midfielder with a €10 million offer but the player remained in Italy.

However, it is understood his club is likely to sell him as early as the January transfer window.

His agent, Vincenzo D'Ippolito, has admitted the player will have left the club by next summer.

D'Ippolito has been pushing for a new contract for the youngster, but Bologna is in no financial position to match what rivals have tabled.

"We must talk with the leaders of Bologna. Between January and June, the guy will leave and there's not much Bologna can do, the club already knows this," confessed D'Ippolito.

"When a boy of 20 years of age, who has done very well in Bologna, has important offers, he aims to go to clubs that will compete at the top of the table. He's liked by many teams in Italy, the first five to six in the league would take him for sure."

City’s Premier League rivals Liverpool are also expected to join the chase for the Uruguayan.

Gastón Ramírez - Written In The Stars

There's more behind Liverpool's pursuit of Gaston Ramirez than just his Uruguayan passport.

Sure, Luis Suarez's impact may have had an influence on the thinking of Liverpool football chief Damien Comolli. But there's more to his push to land the Bologna winger than just the chance to add to their growing Uruguayan contingent.

Comolli isn't alone in his admiration for 20 year-old Ramirez. Since the end of last season, the attacking midfielder has attracted enquiries from Villarreal, Fiorentina and Napoli, while Udinese openly discussed the prospect of signing him as a replacement for the Barcelona-bound Alexis Sanchez.

But as the speculation swirled around him - often fueled by his agents in Italy and Uruguay - Ramirez never complained, nor demanded anything from Bologna management. Just as he did with his shock omission from Uruguay's World Cup squad last year, Ramirez simply kept his head down and focused on his football.

Given his modest (by European football standards) €220,000 salary, who would blame him for being dazzled by the numbers being bandied about - particularly when Manchester City were mentioned as a suitor in July?

But while Ramirez did talk about moving "to a bigger level" at the height of talk over City's €10 million pursuit, the midfielder later insisted he only wanted to stay and play well for Bologna.

At 20 and having been raised in the tiny coast town of Fray Bentos, Ramirez, a favourite at Penarol for his dazzling wing play, is still enjoying his career with wide-eyed optimism.

"Moving to Penarol I thought was the pinnacle," he recalled, "but now playing in Italy is unbelievable to me. I have worked hard to get here, I know that. And I also know I need to keep working hard to continue my progress.

"Penarol was fantastic for me, very special. But I have been welcomed very well by Bologna and the fans. This has helped me to adapt - even if the weather takes some getting used to! I have never experienced games being called off because of snow. It's something different!"

It's not only the weather and the language Ramirez has had to adjust to - the midfielder admits he's also had to change his game to suit Serie A.

"At Penarol and in Uruguay I liked to play with the ball. I always want to run with it. But here, I've been told to release it sooner. I have to follow these instructions, otherwise I'll lose my place. I now have to fight harder to play, it can be ruthless.
You need to forget about others and focus on yourself so to stay in the coach's thoughts.

"The football here is very tactical. It's tighter, but also more dynamic. For 30-40 minutes its closed, but then things open up and you need to attack with quick play, one touch passing, trying to open up the defence. It's very different to what I was used to in Uruguay."

He added: "I am calm. I am happy here. It's quiet where I live. Obviously the football is exciting, but having a nice area to live is also helpful."

For all his commitment, Ramirez will be sold next year - possibly as soon as January. His agent, Vincenzo D'Ippolito, admits there's no way back for Bologna and the decision has been made.

D'Ippolito has been pushing for a new contract for the youngster, but Bologna is in no financial position to match what rivals have tabled.

"We must talk with the leaders of Bologna. Between January and June, the guy will leave and there's not much Bologna can do, the club already knows this," confessed D'Ippolito.

"When a boy of 20 years of age, who has done very well in Bologna, has important offers, he aims to go to clubs that will compete at the top of the table. He's liked by many teams in Italy, the first five to six in the league would take him for sure."

With bottom line still a concern for the Bologna board, it's likely Ramirez will be sold to the highest bidder. D'Ippolito may be convinced of a move within Serie A for his latest star client, but if Ramirez continues his progress leading up to the New Year, expect Comolli - and possibly Roberto Mancini - to pull the trigger on major offers for the exciting winger.

[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=47130.msg1410233#msg1410233 date=1318157086]
He was born at a Pie Factory, what's not to like?
[/quote]
lol

Yea, Charlie Adam will be all over him like a rash

Bologna have confirmed that they will start contract extension talks with the agents of Gaston Ramirez this week.

The Rossoblu are keen to tighten their grip on the 20-year-old as he continues to attract the attention of other clubs.

“I don’t think an agreement will be reached in one day,” Rossoblu sporting director Roberto Zanzi told Sky Sport Italia.

“But it’s normal that a player like him is being followed by other sides because he has some unique talent.

“We, however, want to keep him here for the entire season and we want to be able to offer what he expects.”

The Uruguayan is reportedly after a significant wage increase that could see his salary rise from around €220,000 a season to €500,000. With bonuses, that figure could eventually reach €800,000.

As part of the negotiations, it is being suggested that Bologna will insert a €14m release clause
, but that rumour isn’t being confirmed.

“At the moment there are no conditions in his deal,” added Zanzi. “Let’s wait and see whether it will be worthwhile adding one into his new agreement.”

Ramirez is an attacking midfielder who was linked with Fiorentina, Juventus, Roma and Udinese during the summer.

Well, I never knew there a place called Fray Bentos.

You wait for one Gaston, and two come along at once.

I suppose he's a real meat and potatoes player *leaves with heavy wool outer garment*

Hahahaha, I thought that was a wind up when I read that!

There's a fucking PLACE called Fray Bentos. That's mental.

I'm well aware the pies are probably named after that place, but I still find it mental BTW.

2 assists and a goal, contributing to Bologna's belated first home win of the Serie A season with a come-from-behind victory over Atalanta today. Keep an eye on him.

Bologna have tightened their grip on the talented Uruguayan fantasista Gaston Ramirez by handing him a new deal.

The Rossoblu have been in talks with the player’s agents over the last 10 days and a compromise has been reached.

The attacking midfielder, who can play out wide or centrally behind the strikers, is now tied to the Stadio Dall’Ara outfit until June 2016.

The exact details of the agreement have yet to be revealed, but some reports are claiming that the player has netted a significant wage increase.

Ramirez is now understood to be on close to €800,000 a season. His previous salary was set at €220,000 a campaign.

It’s also unclear whether the deal includes a rescission clause
that would allow a club to sign him should they offer a certain amount in terms of a transfer fee.

Ramirez is understood to be on the radar of outfits such as Juventus, Roma, Fiorentina and Udinese.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47130.msg1416428#msg1416428 date=1319464863]
Hahahaha, I thought that was a wind up when I read that!

There's a fucking PLACE called Fray Bentos. That's mental.

I'm well aware the pies are probably named after that place, but I still find it mental BTW.
[/quote]

totally, although arguably the place Nob End in Bolton, takes some beating..

Gaston Ramirez has signed a new contract at Bologna, but he seems to already be thinking about a summer move.

The Uruguayan netted himself a pay increase on Thursday after agreeing new terms at the Stadio Dall’Ara until June 2016.

“I promise the Bologna fans seven goals and 15 assists this season,” the 20-year-old told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, I’ll then be ready to play alongside great champions, players like [Juventus and Italy midfielder] Andrea Pirlo.”

Ramirez was linked with a switch to Juventus during pre-season, while he also attracted the interest of Roma, Udinese and Fiorentina.

Clubs turned their attention to the attacking midfielder amidst rumours that he was looking for a Bologna exit.

“That’s not true,” the South American responded. “I never asked the club to sell me during the summer.”

Let's just buy Ramirez, Lodeiro, Cavani.

We had Germans (Hamann, Babbel, Ziege)

We had the French/African (Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Traoré, Vignal)

We had the Czechs (Berger, Smicer, Baros)

Finally the Spaniards (Josemi, Garcia, Alonso, Nunes - Reina, Alonso, Arbeloa, Riera, Torres)

Now it's time for some Uruguayan influence.

Don't be like that Bologna. Is he all that? Would he be good for Liverpool?

He's easily Bologna's best player now that Di Vaio is a bit long in the tooth.

That's not saying very much though, is it ?!!

He's very good and BFC know they'll sell him sooner rather than later. His new 5-year deal means that we can command decent money for him.

Is he worth a punt ? Yes if we pay no more than 10 million euro. However as Bologna fan I hope we get nearer 20 million which of course I don't want Liverpool spending but...........................this is all a bit confusing. For the first time in my life I am exposed to a conflict of interest.

"I know they really like him in England and the player is in high demand in Italy, especially from Juventus, who were linked in the last transfer window and now want him again," Ramirez's agent Vinceonzo D'Ippolito said.

"The player's price is estimated at €15m. If a good offer comes, he will definitely leave."

Bologna have just played their best two games of the season.

On Thursday the "reserves" lost away at Juve 2-1 in extra time in the Coppa Italia. Ramirez didn't play though.

We drew 2-2 at home with Milan yesterday and Ramirez, as per usual, was at the heart of most of our good stuff.

Looks like my buyer/seller valuation is correct then with his agent saying 15 million Euro.

Corriere della Sera reporting that Ramirez is coveted by lots of "big" European clubs. The latest is Barcellona but Juventus and "above all" Liverpool are the "closest".

Il rischio, però, è che a gennaio parta anche qualche big, con conseguente indebolimento della squadra: un’operazione molto rischiosa se si considera che il Bologna dovrà sudarsi fino all’ultimo la salvezza in un campionato equilibrato. E allora attenzione soprattutto a Gaston Ramirez, fresco di adeguamento e rinnovo di contratto fino al 2016 ma sempre più nelle mire delle big d’Europa. Diversi osservatori ormai hanno messo gli occhi sul ragazzo (in ordine di tempo, gli ultimi sono quelli del Barcellona) ma le più interessate e le più vicine restano Juventus e soprattutto Liverpool.

The highly rated Gaston Ramirez will see out the season at Serie A club Bologna, his representative has underlined.

The Uruguayan youngster is being followed by some of Italy’s top clubs, as well as numerous outfits from abroad.

There have been suggestions that the Rossoblu could be tempted into a sale next month should a suitable offer be tabled.

However, speaking with calciomercato.it, agent Vincenzo D'Ippolito has made it clear that no move is on the horizon.

“There is nothing to say about Ramirez,” D'Ippolito commented. “He’s only just extended his contract. He won’t be leaving Bologna.”

The South American fantasista, who is now tied to the Dall’Ara outfit until June 2016, has scored four goals in 14 Serie A games this season.

The 21-year-old is on the transfer short-list of clubs such as Fiorentina, Roma, Juventus and Udinese in Italy.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47130.msg1451904#msg1451904 date=1325259605]
Bump.

Just sayin...
[/quote]

What you saying Foxy? Are you nudging and winking at this point, huh?

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47130.msg1451904#msg1451904 date=1325259605]
Bump.

Just sayin...

[/quote]

Me likey

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=47130.msg1451906#msg1451906 date=1325259665]
Bump.

Just sayin...
[/quote]

What you saying Foxy? Are you nudging and winking at this point, huh?
[/quote]

Yep, nudging winking & nodding my head a lot.

Deal in Jan is what I'm hearing, despite the noises coming out of Bologna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom