• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't ignore the add ons and agent fees for Nunez.. but include them for Haaland.

I get your point. There is a side by side which shows if all earned, Nunez is cheaper.
I don't know what they are for Nunez but they aren't comparable in any real sense. Haaland's are off the chart.

EDIT. Thanks for posting the costs for both. Some differences with Bild's (e.g. no Add ons for Haaland which Bild states are 10M) but I doubt any of these sources know the exact figures.

That said over the course of their contracts then Haaland is roughly €200m more expensive (€355m to ca. €160m).

Last edited:
Wages are not included in a discussion about transfer fees paid, for the very obvious reason that if you sell the player after a season or two you don't pay the wages. So saying that Darwins real cost is only £64m and not including wages or bonus payments v £300m for Haaland is highly dubious.

I agree that the payments to Raoila are disgusting and I don't understand why any player would go along with that.
I think your interpretation of how I presented the figures (or maybe it was how I presented them) is mistaken. I didn't say that Nunez only cost us £64m and Haaland cost £300m. I said that Nunez's £64m was not over the market rate and then went on to say that Haaland's £55m was a misnomer and then clarified why. It wasn't a direct comparison per se.
Wages most definitely need to be included in the discussion when they are something extreme to the norm (in this case they will make Haaland more expensive to the tune of €200m). What may or may not happen in the future (transfer) is largely irrelevant at this point in time, that's an accounting problem for the future (if it ever happens).

Last edited:
The thing with Haaland is that even if we signed him on 140k a week or whatever Nunez is on we’d be paying him 400k within 18 months because that’s the level he looks like he’s at. There’s no low balling the top dogs on salary.

Same with Nunez, if he starts playing at that level all these figures are out the window and he’ll be on a better contract.

We’re definitely tight and Haaland probably didn’t fancy Liverpool anyway.

It dont matter.

Even if Haaland did play for us, we'd turn him into Andy Carroll within a month.

Actually that's not fair, but I'm GenX, and some traumas/wounds take a long time to heal.

I don’t think it matters how Haaland does for City.
We just need to get Nunez settled and the team back in form something like last year.
It’s questionable if City are any better but we know right now, we look a lot worse. If we improve, Nunez will improve too. Nunez will come good but will need patience as well from fans and Klopp.

Pickford saving that Nunez shot on Saturday was particularly annoying, because that's the type of goal that can instantly turn a striker into a monster through confidence.
I didn't think there was any chance of a decent shot from there - fantastic shot and save. As you said it's a pity that didn't go in.

Calm down, Haaland is gonna snap his banjo string, get an infection and his wab will fall off causing a lengthy layoff and a crisis of confidence.

It is written.

pretty sure this is what Arthur Melo is going to do, or possibly has done already

Yeh Haaland is something else. Absolutely top drawer striker, and with that team behind him, yeh he’s probably going to break records galore.

As for Nunez, let’s wait and see. Will he deliver the goals that Haaland does? Probably not. Will he be a seriously effective weapon for us that gives us what our team needs? I hope so.

No, because he will suffer a career ending injury next week

I hope the Gods aren’t in the mood to deem all things “inverse jinxes” - otherwise this is on your head!!!

Don't torture yourselves, he's a fucking monster and he's gonna dominate the league for the next couple of years until he decides to move on. I feel sorry for Nunez getting compared to this guy, they are nowhere near the same level.
It's like when the Utd/England fans were calling Rashford the English rival to Mbappe, you just thought this is setting him up to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom