• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Harry Wilson - stay or go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all for Declan Rice when he had 6 months left in his contract. I imagine West Ham won't let him go that cheap so I think patience is the way to go here. Give him another season, let's see how he does. Could turn out to be another Reece "whatshisname".

Grealish looks alright, he's not exactly setting the Championship alight imo, so I don't think he'll be worth whatever Villa asks for him, which will be a whole lot.

Wilson was very quiet in that game, and his petulance towards the referee and linesman was idiotic considering they were losing and he was wasting his own teams time. He had to be dragged away from the ref at one point by one of his own players.

• an imaginary straight swap
  • a massive overrating of an English player who has, at 24 years of age, just scored his career-high season tally of 6 goals in the Championship
  • an imaginary sell-to-buy scenario involving 12 players
  • a player-for-player comparison between 2 teams ...
  • ... where the equivalents of David and Bernardo Silva are Jack Grealish and Rhian Brewster
  • and a co-sign from Wet WetDreambeliever
All in one post - some feat that

• Yes it was an imaginary straight swap but it's what I would LIKE to see happen not what I expect to happen. Also, it would have been a swap that made sense for both teams as Villa could have replaced Grealish with Wilson (who is proven at that level) and add the exciting Kent to their squad. All moot now as Villa are promoted and will not be selling their star player. The 9 players I listed to leave LFC have probably started in fewer than 15 games in total for LFC this season and Klopp has always been ruthless in trimming the squad and going for quality over quantity. With a surplus of about £15m it would leave a decent budget for another couple of additions such as a back up left back
  • Let's see how Grealish gets on next season, I've rarely been wrong about players moving up to the EPL.
  • It's not a player-for-player comparison, if it was I would not have lined Sané up against Firmino or Jesus against Mané. It was to highlight that we would have excellent options if we add Depay, Fekir and Grealish unlike now where we dread any injury to one of our star players (not mentioning any names as I don't want to jinx us).
  • Yeah, you got me on the Dreambeliever one, I can't explain that one away.

Villa got promoted to the Premier League this afternoon, so he'll be staying at Villa regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom