• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He ain't gonna make it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be amazing?
Sure travel between countries would be restricted but the players could be vaccinated by then. I don't know about the crowd situation though.

Amazing?

I'm just sayin that it wont go ahead in its current format.

Yep, I mean he's 29 years old. He doesn't have too many Euro's left in him.

Half decent Dutch team too, although potentially Shit behind closed doors tournament. You know yourself he’ll be desperate for a game of football as soon as he’s allowed to, good luck to whoever tries to tell him no in the summer if he feels ready.

Has anyone considered what Van Dijk wants? If he feels fit and ready, I'm absolutely certain that De Boer will give him every chance to make the squad.

Wouldn't he need to be cleared by our medical team given he's currently unavailable for selection. I know the Dutch national team could call him up but unless he has completed his rehab and the club is 100% satisfied with his condition we wouldn't be obliged to release him.

Wouldn't he need to be cleared by our medical team given he's currently unavailable for selection. I know the Dutch national team could call him up but unless he has completed his rehab and the club is 100% satisfied with his condition we wouldn't be obliged to release him.

This does not look like someone who won't be fit in a month.

LFC won't be able to stop him.

Someone on here was saying that it's all well and good running in a straight line, it's the stopping and turning part that will be the issue.

Actually I don't think that's the case. If we say he's not ready the Dutch National team doctor is the one who ultimately makes the call.

Virgil van Dijk is on a collision course with Kop boss Jurgen Klopp over the Euros.

Klopp insists he wants defensive rock van Dijk to focus on a full pre-season with Liverpool before kick-starting his career again after a career-threatening anterior cruciate knee injury against Everton last October.

But five months into his recovery, sources in Holland say the strong-willed Dutch defender has targeted the delayed Euros for a comeback - and has far from given up on playing at the tournament which begins in June.

Holland boss Frank de Boer has assured van Dijk he'll save a place in his squad for the defender after being told by the 29-year-old star the Euros are still on his agenda.

Sauce: The Mirror

This does not look like someone who won't be fit in a month.

LFC won't be able to stop him.

Running slowly in a straight line and then easing to a controlled stop. That really isn't anything that suggests he's close to a return, its very basic rehab work. When you see him sprinting, jumping, pivoting sharply, quickly change directions then he will be about 6 weeks away from a return assuming he comes through full contact training without any issues. So far we've seen no evidence that he's capable of any of that stuff yet.

Running slowly in a straight line and then easing to a controlled stop. That really isn't anything that suggests he's close to a return, its very basic rehab work. When you see him sprinting, jumping, pivoting sharply, quickly change directions then he will be about 6 weeks away from a return assuming he comes through full contact training without any issues. So far we've seen no evidence that he's capable of any of that stuff yet.
There are pictures on his Instagram of him doing other exercises on the training pitch.

yes but none of those exercises are significant in terms of his progress, it's just him kicking a ball, stretching or running in a straight line.

He could still make it, the Euros are 11 weeks away, I'd assume he would have to be able to complete some warm up games first or it would be far too big a risk to take a player that hasn't played in 9 months. But I'd be amazed if he's back playing in 4 - 6 weeks like some people are speculating.

If he gets to May and he hasn't made it onto the pitch then his chances will be pretty slim.

yes but none of those exercises are significant in terms of his progress, it's just him kicking a ball, stretching or running in a straight line.

He could still make it, the Euros are 11 weeks away, I'd assume he would have to be able to complete some warm up games first or it would be far too big a risk to take a player that hasn't played in 9 months. But I'd be amazed if he's back playing in 4 - 6 weeks like some people are speculating.

If he gets to May and he hasn't made it onto the pitch then his chances will be pretty slim.
Fuck the Netherlands and their Euros ... I just want him back for the CL Final.

Exactly, it's all straight line stuff from what I have seen, no explosive exercises in multi directions.

I'd be amazed of he plays for NL this summer

I'm not saying that he'll be back playing, maybe fit wasn't the right word. I think he'll be back in training in about a month.

Would you take him back for the CL if it was against City, we won but he did his knee again?

Coaches are fools if they are banking on van Dijk's (and, possibly, Gomez's) making the tournament. Utter fools.

Frank de Boer has said that VVD is still around 8 weeks away from being fit, and that he is not counting on him for the Euros this summer.

Quote:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}“I can understand they (Liverpool) don’t want to put any pressure on Virgil at all and neither do we.

“His recovery is going according to plan. We know he has eight weeks left. I don’t know if that’s enough for him to be ready for the Euros.

“I have spoken to him, he’ll soon be returning to training, but there can be all kinds of setbacks. A week or two of setbacks could mean he cannot play any games for Liverpool still this season.

“Anything he can contribute to Liverpool and possibly us would be a bonus. I’m not counting on it right now. But if it did happen, it would be fantastic for the national team.”

“Of course, it is not my decision whether Virgil will go to the European Championship or not. But with the information I have at the moment, I say that it is not very likely,”{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

So he's 8 weeks away from being match fit?

I think DeBoer is being nice and doesn't want to cause a rift with Liverpool now.

In 8 weeks time he'll probably be invited to train with the his national team, play one or two friendlies. They'll assess him them then.

Boom, team captain Van Dijk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom