• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is.
Henderson shows much more aptitude in these early days than Lucas ever did, I never saw anything in Lucas, but others were prepared to go out on a limb and stick with him, and in the short term at least until he was injured it seemed they were right.
I said all along with Hendo there is a footballer in there trying to get out, he was burdened by the fee that raised expectation levels, young lad, new club new city and all that. He does not do a lot wrong, but does not do a lot constructively, that was different today.
Vlads Verdict: Hendo will come good

We've seen hints during his short stint here that he could become a good player, IF he grew some balls.
I've maintained for a long time that he could possibly prove the doubters wrong.
However, he's still not worth his price tag.

He played like a man fighting for his future at the club.
I've been a huge critic of his but was very pleased with his performance.

When he joined the club he was supposed to be an all rounder that could be great in attack. He wasn't, and was completely gutless when he had the ball in the final third.
I've completely lowered my expectation for him in that sense, but if he can become a Lucas mkII and show the fight and determination he showed today, I'll be ecstatic for him and we'd have our defensive midfield position covered for years to come with Lucas and Henderson.
Lucas is the perfect lad to learn from too. Known as an all round box-to-box player, plays shit at the start, gets booed by his own supporters but reinvents himself into one of the best players in the league in his position.
Keep it going Hendo.

Not saying he was bad, nor that he's next to useless - he's just very average.

Had a debate with a friend about him after the game last night and my belief is that a defensive holding position is the only position he's competent to play because he doesn't have the attributes or skill to play further forward or wide - so he's a DM be default. Not necessarily a bad thing, every team needs one - but lets not start thinking he's world class just yet.

My mate couldn't see him as a DM because he doesn't believe his tackling is good enough and he doesn't tackle enough.

Mind you, by this point it was 4am and a few deliciously hopped American style pale ales had been consumed.

The toe Rodgers applied to Enrique's arse appears to have worked though.

The same thing I just attributed to Enrique's performance applies here.

Playing the dm role against Wigan is one thing, whether he can step in there against other teams is quite another.

I rate Henderson & have liked him since I first saw him, but whether he can do that role well enough, despite the massive advantage playing Allen further up gives us, is questionable. I'll be surprised if Rodgers doesn't give it a go though.

He was well better than I expected him to be but I still wouldn't want him starting ever.

He played like a man fighting for his future at the club.
I've been a huge critic of his but was very pleased with his performance.

When he joined the club he was supposed to be an all rounder that could be great in attack. He wasn't, and was completely gutless when he had the ball in the final third.
I've completely lowered my expectation for him in that sense, but if he can become a Lucas mkII and show the fight and determination he showed today, I'll be ecstatic for him and we'd have our defensive midfield position covered for years to come with Lucas and Henderson.
Lucas is the perfect lad to learn from too. Known as an all round box-to-box player, plays shit at the start, gets booed by his own supporters but reinvents himself into one of the best players in the league in his position.
Keep it going Hendo.

That's good to know - I didn't see the match. I did see him captain the England under 21s a few days before and even in that role he looked painfully under-confident. It was a strange sight seeing him trying to direct other players whilst looking as though he dreaded getting the ball himself. If he's showing more fight now then that's a huge relief as he is a good technical player and really ought to be capable of impressing here.

There was a great moment about 5 mins after he came on where he basically harried so much that Wigan went from 40yards from goal to back to their own keeper.

There was a great moment about 5 mins after he came on where he basically harried so much that Wigan went from 40yards from goal to back to their own keeper.

So his true skill lies in not actually touching or doing anything with the ball - just chasing after other players like some sort of demented footballing Benny Hill.

So his true skill lies in not actually touching or doing anything with the ball - just chasing after other players like some sort of demented footballing Benny Hill.

Hahaha... just imagined Henderson running around on the pitch while the Benny Hill tune is played in the background.

Not saying he was bad, nor that he's next to useless - he's just very average.

Had a debate with a friend about him after the game last night and my belief is that a defensive holding position is the only position he's competent to play because he doesn't have the attributes or skill to play further forward or wide - so he's a DM be default. Not necessarily a bad thing, every team needs one - but lets not start thinking he's world class just yet.

My mate couldn't see him as a DM because he doesn't believe his tackling is good enough and he doesn't tackle enough.

Mind you, by this point it was 4am and a few deliciously hopped American style pale ales had been consumed.

The toe Rodgers applied to Enrique's arse appears to have worked though.

YOU HAVE OTHER FOOTBALL FRIENDS??!!!

You and me are through.

YOU HAVE OTHER FOOTBALL FRIENDS??!!!

You and me are through.

Hah! - we need to catch up soon boyo.

We're looking at doing some sort of Q&A with Heskey - possibly at the weekend, but more likely over Xmas when he's down for a few days.

Make sure the first question you ask is the right one, if you rattle him from the off, you'll be in for alot of stumbling over questions with his head down, while constantly sneaking a look for the exit doors.

Make sure the first question you ask is the right one, if you rattle him from the off, you'll be in for alot of stumbling over questions with his head down, while constantly sneaking a look for the exit doors.

Some questions might just bounce off his head any old direction, like it was shaped like a 50 pence piece though.

It's getting him to finish his sentences that's the problem. You just know some of his anecdotes will be weak and wide of the mark.

He's been good under Rodgers. I think having a clearly defined role and style really suits him. And this one especially because he is technically very good. Lets hope it continues because we have a lot invested in him and I would rather not have to pay him to leave so we can pay for a replacement. He'll be at least a good squad player and he has the ability to be more for us.

The only way Henderson will improve as a player is when he grows a pair and gets some confidence.

I think Henderson's just lulling us into a false sense of security. Really he's a cross between Steven Gerrard and Bryan Robson. It's all in there, he's just a tease.

At the moment, he's performing better and working harder than Şahin - so he deserves to play ahead of him for me.

He's no Shane Long.

chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpeg

Leave Shane ALONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom