• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo on why he left

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Henderson: No, just thanks for taking the time. I don’t want a pat on the back or anything but I could have easily not done anything. I could have gone with another journalist (Adam is part of the LGBTQ+ community) who I may have a relationship with and been protected more. But I felt as though this felt right. Because I want to learn as well. Because it’s hard for me to hear some of the stuff that I’ve heard and I want to learn why that’s the case and how I can help going forward. People can make their own mind up. Also I wanted to stone a few gays at half time.[/article]

LOL
yeah i may have added that bit

It didn't really did it? He left because of his diminishing status and because they were offering big money. Aside from his confused leanings over the whole moral side of the move, he did everything he could in 10yrs with us. Amazing that people will consider Suarez a Liverpool legend in spite of many of his antics, yet some have suddenly made an immediate and final decision that Henderson has lost all of his worth.

It's a bit convenient and self-righteous really, a player who really was top class gets away with murder and keeps his legend status intact, a so-so player who worked hard to achieve what he did without a single blemish during his time with us and in spite of suffering constant criticism, is now a nothing and everyone is taking the moral highground. He's a hypocrite like, but people need to look in the fucking mirror and get over themselves.

It's one of these Michael Jackson, Woody Allen, Polanski or Jimmy Saville situations. Respect their work but not the person.

Curious - If the Saudis offered you a 200 million USD contract to be in charge of some gig and then go home, would you take it?
I get what you're trying to do here, but I'm going to assume (perhaps wrongly!) that Holle doesn't already earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. Giving a non-rich person the opportunity to be rich and giving a mega-rich person the opportunity to be mega-mega-rich is not the same proposition.

Whoever advised him, advised him wrong. He could be sat in America, Spain, Bournemouth, etc now, probably earning more, probably playing more, with his reputation and legacy intact. Don't think he will ever recover from this and I couldn't care less. The money grabbing hypocrite has dug his own hole.

I get what you're trying to do here, but I'm going to assume (perhaps wrongly!) that Holle doesn't already earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. Giving a non-rich person the opportunity to be rich and giving a mega-rich person the opportunity to be mega-mega-rich is not the same proposition.

So let's change it to - if you were offered to give me x10 your salary, and be in an expat community etc ... which would ensure your family and the next generation is ok financially, would you say no?

So let's change it to - if you were offered to give me x10 your salary, and be in an expat community etc ... which would ensure your family and the next generation is ok financially, would you say no?
That's the point - his family and the next generation are already sorted, regardless of this move. The same will not be true of most people.

Exactly. That would be like offering me a penis extension to work in Saudi. Completely pointless. What would I do with a three inch cock?

I think we can put to bed any notion of Jordan being 'intelligent' after this interview. He comes across like he was literally born yesterday. Apparently the Qatari workers he met with were really happy! Fuck me.

The gay thing aside think it was at least a little true that :

(1) We didn't really want him anymore

(2) him leaving was good for us

The gay thing aside think it was at least a little true that :

(1) We didn't really want him anymore

(2) him leaving was good for us

No, the manager said he wanted him to stay but he might not be a regular starter every week. That's not a we don't want you message.

Oh no doubt getting £12m for him was great business no one is denying it but don't act like a hypocrite and start saying it isn't about the money or Liverpool never wanted me or, I can change the country's views about gays now I'm here. Just utter PR bollocks

That's the point - his family and the next generation are already sorted, regardless of this move. The same will not be true of most people.

I don't know if that's the case re: sorted, but if it is, it's slightly different I guess as the financial pressure isn't as big. But it's still partially fair as if you can ensure your grandchildren and great grandchildren basically are set too, is that not worth it? (asking in general, not you or holle). Now I doubt he's thinking that but it's still a topic to debate.

He’s our former captain so I’ll cut him some slack. I’d like to think we treat one of our own with some amount of grace. But two things

1) If he had come out and said the money was too good to resist I actually think fans would not give him this much stick

2) if he seriously considered wearing the rainbow band during matches there, he’s absolutely suicidal. Not only would he face the risk of being beheaded but a world war would erupt.

Agree that he should just shut up.

No one begrudges Bobby or Fabinho their moves. And I wouldn't begrudge our Captain a last payday either.

To be honest there are probably tons of gay expats working in Saudi Arabia for the money. Just admit you're a bit if a hypocrite, not a saint. It's not that indefensible a position

He’s our former captain so I’ll cut him some slack. I’d like to think we treat one of our own with some amount of grace. But two things

1) If he had come out and said the money was too good to resist I actually think fans would not give him this much stick

2) if he seriously considered wearing the rainbow band during matches there, he’s absolutely suicidal. Not only would he face the risk of being beheaded but a world war would erupt.

WWIII? I mean between who?

Curious - If the Saudis offered you a 200 million USD contract to be in charge of some gig and then go home, would you take it?

Does Holle already have a net worth of approx. 70m GBP with another 20m GBP coming over the next couple of years? Or is he a mere mortal, like the rest of us?

Yeah so
  1. Of course it was the money
  2. Of course Klopp wanted him
  3. He'll still be a legend for most fans, as he is a good guy. BUT people are complicated
  4. He didn't need the money. Set for life already. Unlike most of us
  5. We'd respect him a lot more if he didn't engage in this transparently dishonest nonsense. People are inured to all this PR guff, at this point
  6. Between Gerrard's "family feeling" and this interview, they totally underestimate people's smarts. They need better PR reps. Just be more F-ing honest.

Not wanted? By Jurgen?!?!?! Oh, fuck right off.

Just say nothing, you utter gobshite. Didn't think you could make things worse than they already are, but VOILA....

Does Holle already have a net worth of approx. 70m GBP with another 20m GBP coming over the next couple of years? Or is he a mere mortal, like the rest of us?

Holle is worth slightly less than that, but he'll confirm it later (I think around ~68m GBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom