• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Here come da Judge!

Judge Jules

6CM Addict
...and this really belongs in the General Chat forum but, in the interests of reaching as many of you lot as quickly as poss.(and not to sound too much like Gary Glitter): HALLO, HALLO, IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

My 13/14-year-old desktop died at the end of January. A local computer place, which came recommended, told me they could fix it but changed their minds - after a week - so I asked an ex-colleague of my sis who worked in IT to replace it and do the set-up for me. Turned out (a) my previous broadband speed was rubbish and wouldn't support a new set-up, though it was enough for my requirements previously, and (b) he himself on his own admission was a bit out of the loop and had to come back a number of times for various things. All finished today though.

Us Scousers don't know when we're beaten (the Red ones anyway) so bring on the flaming, you bunch of trogs! :cool:

So, what is the real reason?
This is all too detailed to be true.
He met a mate from WWI and they were talking about the good times ie battle of Waterloo.
If anyone's wondering what his computer looked like. It was top of the range for its time
image_nPHTViHD_1698531196383_512.webp

WB.. JJ..

13 / 14 year old Desktop.. connecting on 56k modem.

Running on Windows XP I take it :p

Wow.. Buy yourself a raspberry PI.. Make great little desktops..

Probably a bit complicated tbf.. so you chose a good option. for a fellow IT geek who has supported and pointed you in the right directiom..

...and this really belongs in the General Chat forum but, in the interests of reaching as many of you lot as quickly as poss.(and not to sound too much like Gary Glitter): HALLO, HALLO, IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

My 13/14-year-old desktop died at the end of January. A local computer place, which came recommended, told me they could fix it but changed their minds - after a week - so I asked an ex-colleague of my sis who worked in IT to replace it and do the set-up for me. Turned out (a) my previous broadband speed was rubbish and wouldn't support a new set-up, though it was enough for my requirements previously, and (b) he himself on his own admission was a bit out of the loop and had to come back a number of times for various things. All finished today though.

Us Scousers don't know when we're beaten (the Red ones anyway) so bring on the flaming, you bunch of trogs! :cool:
JJ you tart - You had me worried. I had to listen to some serious Chopin to chill out... ;)

My 13/14-year-old desktop died at the end of January. A local computer place, which came recommended, told me they could fix it but changed their minds - after a week - so I asked an ex-colleague of my sis whomoo worked in IT to replace it and do the set-up for me. Turned out (a) my previous broadband speed was rubbish and wouldn't support a new set-up, though it was enough for my requirements previously, and (b) he himself on his own admission was a bit out of the loop and had to come back a number of times for various things. All finished today though.

Died after13/14 years old you say. You've been robbed mate. You should get a refund 😜

Seriously though glad you're back.

So your PC broke and someone sorted you out with a new one ....

So many words 🙃

I was sure his sister had bumped him off for the insurance. That's why we voted to sacrifice her in the name of #20. What the hell are we going to do now? Are we back to Dreamy? I'm not sure he'll be an acceptable substitute.

This could be the end of the dream, The Quad. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom