• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hoever Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes back to Klopp wanting what’s best for the club and the player too. Does he need games? Can we offer him games? Will he realistically replace Trent? Yes, no and no. It’s in the players best interest to move.

I think hes better than Neco fron what Ive seen of them, and hes younger too.

I think that's a bold statement given how Klopp seems to rate Nico higher. Nico is essentially a first teamer now.

I think Klopp should be given the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

Hoever just oozes class. I've probably said it before, but the way he was brought up in Holland in that 'total football' tradition has left him so assured in so many positions you just feel he needs to make one of them his own. So for me a loan deal, with that in mind, would have been really good. There's no one in that age level or below who looks anywhere near his potential as a future classy CB (Koumetio, IMHO, is really promising but not in that REALLY stylish way), so it's a huge shame if he goes. People seem to ignore the cost of coaching - it isn't for free, you know, the amount of intelligence and experience that's been invested in this lad, it's huge. Yes, we paid a certain amount for him, but don't ignore the elite teaching he's had. It's not that big a profit for us - for the buying club, who can't give him anywhere near what we gave him, sure, it's great.

Time will tell. Look at Ibe and the likes.

Time + context. When really promising players leave a top club and don't perform, it's not proof they were really crap. Many leave a club like Liverpool and they lose their drive to achieve. If people genuinely don't think Sterling could, under some circumstances, have gone the same way, then I think they're deluded.

Do we have a buy back clause?

hope so.

This kid looked amazing anytime I watched him on LFC TV

Hoever just oozes class. I've probably said it before, but the way he was brought up in Holland in that 'total football' tradition has left him so assured in so many positions you just feel he needs to make one of them his own. So for me a loan deal, with that in mind, would have been really good. There's no one in that age level or below who looks anywhere near his potential as a future classy CB (Koumetio, IMHO, is really promising but not in that REALLY stylish way), so it's a huge shame if he goes. People seem to ignore the cost of coaching - it isn't for free, you know, the amount of intelligence and experience that's been invested in this lad, it's huge. Yes, we paid a certain amount for him, but don't ignore the elite teaching he's had. It's not that big a profit for us - for the buying club, who can't give him anywhere near what we gave him, sure, it's great.
Whilst agreeing in principle - I really like However - a ca. 1,000% profit (the rest more than covers coaching costs) is great business and doubtless helped us get Jota done on excellent terms.

Hopefully we have a buy back clause. Hoever is though too good not to get games and Wolves will help him develop in ways we couldn't.

I think that's a bold statement given how Klopp seems to rate Nico higher. Nico is essentially a first teamer now.

I think Klopp should be given the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

Honestly dont think its that much of a leap, Hoever just looks like a remarkably composed well rounded player for his age. Nuno likes his fullbacks to start in advanced position so he will do well at Wolves if they have some patience with him, the gap is there with Doherty gone to Spurs.

I dont rate Neco that highly, although maybe thats not fair, he seems a bit rash to me like a more polished version of Flanagan. Time will tell, hes got a great manager and example to learn from.

Personally, I think Hoever hasn't looked that special when I've seen him play at the highest level. Granted he's young but he's looked a bit rash and brainless (for lack of a better word).
He doesn't have the offensive skills ( dribbling, crossing) Neco has either, so Neco is rightfully ahead of him.

He might get better but, I don't mind that we've sold him.

Hopefully we have a buy back clause.

Why do people have so much faith in a fucking buy back clause? It's like a partner dumping you but saying, 'If you get quite a bit more desirable in a few years time, I demand the right to marry you again'. Fuck that happening.

Well they did pay £10m for him.

Maybe Norwich weren't being so unreasonable after all in thinking they could get a much higher fee for Lewis, if a completely untested 18 year old goes for that.
Yeah true, but he's only 18/19, never started a prem game.

They have just sold Doherty so it does make sense I guess

Honestly dont think its that much of a leap, Hoever just looks like a remarkably composed well rounded player for his age. Nuno likes his fullbacks to start in advanced position so he will do well at Wolves if they have some patience with him, the gap is there with Doherty gone to Spurs.

I dont rate Neco that highly, although maybe thats not fair, he seems a bit rash to me like a more polished version of Flanagan. Time will tell, hes got a great manager and example to learn from.

I think Hoever is perfect for a team playing 3 at the back, playing as a RCB or LCB. He's not quite dominant physically yet to play in a 2 CB system and not quite attacking enough for a modern full-back or wing-back. Wolves is a good option for him and it's telling that he chose them over the likes of Juve. I do hope we have at least the "first refusal" clause or something like that inserted; he can be a monster player in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom