• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Hypothetical: King Kenny steps down at the end of the season...

Prefix for Poll Threads

Would you be happy with Brendan Rogers as the next manager of LFC

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and LFC hires Brendan Rogers to replace him. Are you happy with the decision?
Nope we have seen one season of him he keeps it up consistently over a few seasons then yes. There has been numerous examples of teams coming up flyin high the 1st seanson but then sink like a rock the 2nd. Ask me again at the end of next season amd i may of changed my mind.

No.

Roberto Martinez laid the foundations at Swansea in terms of the style of football and subsequent managers have built on that. Rodgers has done a great job in getting them into the Premiership and doing so well, however plenty of other sides have had good first seasons in the Prem only to fall away badly in subsequent seasons.

Are we really so desperate that we're now looking towards a flavour of the month manager whose managerial history includes a brief stint at Watford and a disappointing spell at Reading?

If and when we need a new manager, we need someone credible with a proven track record on the European stage.

Thing about Rodgers is that he's done it for one season in the Prem albeit a team put together for pennies that play some nice stuff. Villas Boas was the same. It would not guarantee success.

I don't want a journeyman continental manager that has won a few things here and there but has never managed in the premiership. I'd much prefer we took a gamble on an emerging manager (not necessarily Rogers).

In saying that, I'm doubtful that the crowd / fans would give a upcoming manager enough time to get settled. If they can't give Kenny time then who will they support?

I don't want a journeyman continental manager that has won a few things here and there but has never managed in the premiership. I'd much prefer we took a gamble on an emerging manager (not necessarily Rogers).

In saying that, I'm doubtful that the crowd / fans would give a upcoming manager enough time to get settled. If they can't give Kenny time then who will they support?

it is a tricky situation alright.

But i've always maintained i'd give kenny time. I just need SOME indication that we're going to improve

Er......... No thanks. Only had a one good season thus far, he may turn out to be the next Owen Coyle.
Rafa or that dude from Dortmund please (? klopp)

Everytime I see the name Klopp I immediately think of Allo Allo and the German dude with the glasses.

Er......... No thanks. Only had a one good season thus far, he may turn out to be the next Owen Coyle.
Rafa or that dude from Dortmund please (? klopp)

Rafa? If so, I'll take him.

Disclaimer: No, I wouldn't take Rafa, but I would take someone that could be as good as him.

if kenny is moved aside I want a manager who has a footballing philosophy, and even though the personnel may change the style of play (whatever it is) remains in place. for far too long you have no idea what liverpool are going to turn up, what their tactics are going to be or anything. we have comolli in place as a director of football to bring consistancy with regards to signings so whatever manager is in place we don't have start from scratch with regards to players but signings are all over the place, for example does carroll fit into that footballing philosophy? if not why was he purchased and if he does why isn't he played?

whats Klopp track record before managing dortmond?

He was the manager of Mainz 05 for 7 years. During this period he led the team to its first appearance in the Fußball-Bundesliga. During his management the club also qualified for the 2005–06 UEFA Cup. During the qualification, he beat Armenian side Mika andIcelandic side Keflavík, but in the main tournament Mainz 05 lost to Sevilla, the team that later won the tournament.
In 2007, Mainz 05 were relegated, but he remained manager for another season. However, due to the fact that Mainz 05 did not achieve promotion, he left the job after the 2007–08 season at his own request.

He was the manager of Mainz 05 for 7 years. During this period he led the team to its first appearance in the Fußball-Bundesliga. During his management the club also qualified for the 2005–06 UEFA Cup. During the qualification, he beat Armenian side Mika andIcelandic side Keflavík, but in the main tournament Mainz 05 lost to Sevilla, the team that later won the tournament.
In 2007, Mainz 05 were relegated, but he remained manager for another season. However, due to the fact that Mainz 05 did not achieve promotion, he left the job after the 2007–08 season at his own request.

That doesn't sound to dis-familiar to Rodgers tbh

No.

Roberto Martinez laid the foundations at Swansea in terms of the style of football and subsequent managers have built on that. Rodgers has done a great job in getting them into the Premiership and doing so well, however plenty of other sides have had good first seasons in the Prem only to fall away badly in subsequent seasons.

Are we really so desperate that we're now looking towards a flavour of the month manager whose managerial history includes a brief stint at Watford and a disappointing spell at Reading?

If and when we need a new manager, we need someone credible with a proven track record on the European stage.
Exactly. So there's my answer as well.

No.
Owen Coyle was getting the same plaudits about this time last season and look now.
No doubt that Rodgers can become a top manager but it's far too early for him to leave Swansea.

True, but klopp won the bundersliga.

True.

Just seemed a manager with a good style at unfashionable club who gets a chance at a bigger club and succeeds.

There are few in this league, Redknapp has been good for spurs.

Probably deeply unpopular (though!) but wonder how Moyes would do at a big club

Its not easy is it. Spurs and Chelsea both got burned with Ramos and Villas Boas who were supposed to be the upcoming stars if you like.
I like Van Gaal but his final season at Bayern was a big flop and he probably wouldn't be a long term appointment.

I really think Rafa deserves another crack,if and I mean if, the unthinkable happens and Kenny can't turn this around.I think he can though.

Exactly. So there's my answer as well.

99% agree, with the one exception that I wouldn't absolutely insist on a good European record. Obv.that would be nice to have, but top priority for me would be somebody who can lay strong domestic foundations first.

99% agree, with the one exception that I wouldn't absolutely insist on a good European record. Obv.that would be nice to have, but top priority for me would be somebody who can lay strong domestic foundations first.
So rather than Rodgers we should get Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom