• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll If Trent can't make it...

Prefix for Poll Threads

If Trent cannot play vs Man City, who should play at RB?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milner for me. Hopefully it doesn't come to it.

Actually, I wonder if the Greek or Robertson would be a better option.

Definitely Gomez. Has played the position far more, is pacy and would make us defensively stronger than anyone else, even Trent. Of course we lose Trent's attacking impetus but that's a fair trade-off as that position is by far City's best attacking option. It effectively closes down that weakness even at the expense of weakening our attack.

In fairness, it's good that we have a number of decent options to discuss. I'm behind Gomez now.

Hopefully he will be okay by then but, if not, Gomez would be my preference. I have no objection to Milner either though.

Jeebus this is the first I've heard about this. The Greek. He can defend and cross better than any of the others.

Eurgh, Gomez probably but it would be a huge loss not having Trent against City and others.

We'll need to wrap Thiago up in cotton wool.

I also went for the Greek, but wondering if I shoulda picked Gomez.

Definitely Gomez and perhaps a more creative attacker in midfield i.e. NOT Hendo. There are positives to having another CB on the pitch given City's attackers, although it is obviously not ideal at all.

Gomez might enjoy facing up against Sterling again.

Klopp's had a word in his ear that he needs a rest - and asked him to skip the meaningless friendly, and sacrifice the Watford game.

Defending, Gomez is way better than TAA, going forward TAA kills Gomez stone dead
I would go with Gomez all day

The Greek is a decent shout as the city wide players tend to prefer to cut inside more often than not which would play to his left side

Bring back Neco !

Actually on 2nd thought, if Trent can make the City game in time, then Gomez should be a good enough stop gap. Milner's legs cant do the job no more at RB. Foden will eat him alive again.

Was wondering what this thread was about, had a look at BBC sport and shit. That's a big loss if he's out for a while.

Yep, possibly till 19th so missing CL quarter legs too. Huge blow if true, worth giving Gomez a go above anyone else. Worth dropping Fabinho in there???
But then we would miss him in midfield.

Probably the only position where there is a massive gap in quality between starter and subs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom