• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Minamino good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard opinions that playing in the front 3 with Minamino makes Bobby feel like he has to be more of a scorer than provider. I think one pathway for Minamino would be to become "Firmino's Firmino," i.e. a player who makes selfless runs and creates space for him, just like he did for the 2nd goal.

His double movement, timing and positioning needs to improve greatly still.

He's never going to be the sort of player that will out run (Salah) a player, or out muscle them (Mane). Nor does he have the body movement (of Firmino) to shield the ball.

Therefore he really needs to have a sublime touch (a Juninho/Zola-esque) and/or great (shielding) body movement (to draw fouls) to survive in this league. Right now, his first touch is good (not great), and his body movement is average (largely because of his first touch).

ba97f50e1f28f364c12c16ed12ad35ab.jpg

Alex Ferguson said the same thing about Park Ji Sung once.

Here’s hoping Taki becomes anything remotely close to Park.

Maybe all he needs is a mad bestie like Evra to boost his confidence. Can’t think of anyone in the club who fits that role.

Alex Ferguson said the same thing about Park Ji Sung once.

Here’s hoping Taki becomes anything remotely close to Park.

Maybe all he needs is a mad bestie like Evra to boost his confidence. Can’t think of anyone in the club who fits that role.

Curtis?

He's another Lallana in training then. I haven't come to my conclusion yet. But he looks like a kid physically compared to his peers. Lets see if he can overcome that.

I think he's decent enough as a squad player, to make up the numbers and that. Cost one half of a Jordon Ibe too

I think he's decent enough as a squad player, to make up the numbers and that. Cost one half of a Jordon Ibe too

Exactly, we can't complain at 7m. He had a great game yesterday, he was bright and also seemed to click in with regard to positioning. Yes I agree he does need to strengthen up a bit as well but Id rather he got the intelligence side of our play first than the physical.

Gym work should be a doddle for our physios, I remember when we first got Salah some were saying that he looked a bit small, 2 years later the man has now Goku level strength with the abdominal muscles to match.

Reactions: jan
Boss will always have time for a trier willing to learn. . He's determined to make him into a player, he can see the evidence, I hope he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom