• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Nunez a bit ..... Stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are amazing conclusions (can't speak English and 'lonely'), even if you added the 'seems' modifier, from a few seconds 'clip' on the internet. SCM continues to amaze me in the conclusions drawn from the most spurious of sources!

To be clear his English may not be at the required level yet but i wouldn't base an opinion on a clip.
It’s what we do.

It's just kind of sad that after a full year in England, Robbo still needed to use some hand gestures when communicating with him.

It just doesn't make sense that nobody in the club asked him to learn some English.

If he is totally on the same wavelength as the rest of the squad on the pitch, it can be excused. But he's not. He's hit and miss even in pre-season.

Robbo's from Glasgow, for pity's sake. I don't suppose most of us have a problem understanding him when he speaks but I can 100% get how a young foreigner might.

I'm not trying to excuse why Bellingham didn't learn German but I think it's partly because Germans usually speak English nowadays and also he never planned to stay in the country.

But like I said before, some just have a hard time learning languages. It makes it even more difficult if you're not interested.
I used Luis Garcia as an example before. He was doing interviews in English after like 6 months.
Also it's a class thing as well, white Brazilians like Lucas, Aurelio, Alisson had some understanding of the English language before they landed in England because they learned in school.

Unrelated but I remember when I travelled to Portugal I was surprised that they all spoke English especially the younger generation. Told a girl in the hotel staff about it and added that I've heard C. Ronaldo trying to speak English and she said that he was a special case because he's from the islands.
He's from Funchal, the capital, and by far the largest town, of Madeira : where UK tourists provide a large proportion of their GDP and employment in the tourist industry is on (% wise) a similar level to Ibiza! Being from Madeira is no excuse at all TBH.

Was this really worth the bump? Nothing to do with how flying he’s been pre-season but again bringing up the language issue, as if he was gonna start speaking fluent in the scouse accent only 2 minutes after everyone shat their pants making a big who ha over it in the first place.

I'm not gonna judge Nunez on what some people think his English speaking abilities are like. We don't know if they are good enough or not.

However, I won't be judging him on pre-season games either. Pre-season performances often mean nothing.

Time to judge whether Nunez has improved is when the games matter.

I'm not gonna judge Nunez on what some people think his English speaking abilities are like. We don't know if they are good enough or not.

However, I won't be judging him on pre-season games either. Pre-season performances often mean nothing.

Time to judge whether Nunez has improved is when the games matter.

Look, they probably aren't much use tbh.....expectedly, not even expectedly as it should be common knowledge, he and Diaz will be the 2 that speak the least of any player in the squad.

But it's a very bizarre critic to use against a player, really goes to show the lengths some people will go to nit pick.

Their accents. Scouse has always been notoriously difficult to understand for those where English isn’t their mother tongue. You’ll see loads of interviews where players say they can’t understand Gerrard or Carra.
There are even English speakers who say they struggle to understand the accent at times! Nunez could end up speaking like Jan Molby, and if he ends up half the legend that Molby was, it'll do me.

Why are people still shitting on Nunez? For some people it just takes longer... We have players who speak Spanish and Portuguese so if they need to explain anything in detail they can.
Bellingham was in Germany for two years, didn't see him do one interview in German.
Nunez is top scorer and Salah top assists.
Nunez will score 20+ league goals this season
People shouldn't be shitting on any of the players, at any time. Remember the likes of JH got some stick early on, and he turned out not too bad. Give the guy time and I think we'll soon see the best of him. Yes, 20+ goals this year.

He's from Funchal, the capital, and by far the largest town, of Madeira : where UK tourists provide a large proportion of their GDP and employment in the tourist industry is on (% wise) a similar level to Ibiza! Being from Madeira is no excuse at all TBH.
True he is a special case

Their accents. Scouse has always been notoriously difficult to understand for those where English isn’t their mother tongue. You’ll see loads of interviews where players say they can’t understand Gerrard or Carra.

It's not an accent, it's a different language. First time I came to Anfield, I met up with @Lippy who introduced me to the guy who had my tickets.

I hadn't a clue what anyone around me was saying. Maybe it was the loud King Harry, maybe it was the pints and lack of sleep, but I looked as clueless as our lad Darwin.

And promptly got called up on it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom