• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is this a wise move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kelly can stay fit for us and they can guarantee him games then great move IMO.

It depends how many defenders we are signing, but I would guess he will get more games for them next season than he will for us so its probably a good move for all parties as long as we include a recall option should he be required

Would rather loan him out for this coming season if anything

If Johnson's form doesn't recover by the first few games of this season, his spot in the squad might be up for grabs.

I personally thing Johnson is the RB we need to sell, considering we have four young players who could potentially become a long term solution. It's time they started getting some serious minutes, they're getting to that age.

The better idea I think, would be to offer them Kelly instead. He'll go straight into the Fulham starting lineup, and get all the game time he needs. He's also a bigger injury risk at this point, which means we don't really know if we can count on him to be available when we need him. If he blossoms and stays fairly injury-free at Fulham, he'll come back ready to take over from Johnson, who is in the final two years of his contract if I remember correctly.

The better idea I think, would be to offer them Kelly instead. He'll go straight into the Fulham starting lineup, and get all the game time he needs. He's also a bigger injury risk at this point, which means we don't really know if we can count on him to be available when we need him. If he blossoms and stays fairly injury-free at Fulham, he'll come back ready to take over from Johnson, who is in the final two years of his contract if I remember correctly.
That's a good idea actually.
But I'd still rather have Kelly competing for the RB spot with Johnson next season. Wisdom's not very good in that position and Johnson will yet again feel no pressure. Wisdom on the other hand might be able to get some games at CB if he went on loan somewhere.

Not sure if they are the best choice of club available. I'd rather he be a regular starter in the Championship then benchwarming at EPL. They just signed Riether on a permanent basis, added Amorebieta on free transfer, tied Hangeland to a contract extension and have Senderos and Hughes as backup. They probably want cover for the full back positions seeing Stanislav Manolev's loan spell has ended and Baird's one of the few backup they have. They do have Matthew Briggs coming back from loan from Watford though.

It would be pointless to offer him games at a club where he wouldn't be a CB.

Wisdom isn't going to develop into a brilliant FB.

I'd like to see Coates fucked off and Wisdom promoted to a back-up CB for us, featuring in cups, when required, etc.

Yes, let him be on the match day squad every week and play often ... great for confidence and taking the next step.

If we have Agger, Toure, Papadapolous, Kelly and Ilori as our centrebacks then Wisdom should be loaned out.

I think Wisdom's better than Kelly, and I've no idea what Llori's like.

That said, I'm not averse to any of our youngsters going out on loan.

The Reds are also unlikely to allow defender Andre Widsom to join Fulham on loan this summer.
The Cottagers are interested in taking the 20-year-old on a season-long deal, but the ECHO understands Liverpool, whilst open to the idea of loaning him, would prefer to send him to a club outside of the Premier League, where there would be an option to recall him to Anfield, if required.

hmm makes sense if we're worried on the numbers or cover we may get in , but overall it surely must be better to go to a premier league team as long as he gets games .

Kelly's only rated so highly because he's a local lad.

I appreciate there was potential there, but 23 years old and 35 appearances, mainly due to injury problems suggests he's not going to make it.

Wisdom has more of a future.

Wisdom is a beast and is going to be an extremely good player.
Premiership experience is just what he needs to continue to develop.
Hope this move goes ahead.

Kelly has the talent, build, height, and speed to make it. Some players turn out to be pretty healthy after lengthy injuries when younger.
If he can get over those injuries he'll be a good player for us.
Wisdom's been very meh for me. Looks very nervous when he has the ball. But maybe he's a completely different player at centre back. Doubt it.

Which players turn out healthy after injury ravaged late teens/early 20's.

I appreciate there was potential there, but 23 years old and 35 appearances, mainly due to injury problems suggests he's not going to make it.

Given the recent successes - at least for a season - in nursing Johnson, Agger and Gerrard back to full health and allowing them to play almost all the league games this season, I'd like to think they could do the same for Kelly's back. His ACL tear this season was really unlucky - that can happen even to the fittest players.

Kelly has the talent, build, height, and speed to make it. Some players turn out to be pretty healthy after lengthy injuries when younger.
Wisdom's been very meh for me. Looks very nervous when he has the ball. But maybe he's a completely different player at centre back. Doubt it.

I agree about Kelly. But I really do believe Wisdom will end up as CB for LFC and England, and probably captain both. He's got it all.

Disagree. What's Kelly being local got to do with anything? Owen and Gerrard were always getting crocked until their bodies sorted themselves out. I think Kelly is class. But it's a moot point as both Kelly and Wisdom are centrebacks playing at full back.

Yeh, I think it's a good idea.
I've also heard that Fulham are sniffing around buying downing - they can have wisdom for free if they buy fucking downing!

To be fair, Wisdom's partner on the wing was usually Downing, who gave him very little help.

Murmurings (ie. twitter mentions) that we'd rather loan him to a Championship side to still have option of recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom