• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is this a wise move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if that's a dig at me or Ryan but its actually GKMacca I found myself agreeing with.

Oh my bad gene, wasn't meant as a dig at anyone. Sounded funny as Fuck in my head before I posted it.

Disagree. What's Kelly being local got to do with anything? Owen and Gerrard were always getting crocked until their bodies sorted themselves out. I think Kelly is class. But it's a moot point as both Kelly and Wisdom are centrebacks playing at full back.

I think people would be more indifferent to him if he wasn't local.

I don't think he's particularly impressed when he has played.

I'm not denying the lad has ability, but due to indifferent form & regular injury he's barely strung together a few decent appearances. That's not suggesting someone who's going to dominate as a CB at the highest level for the next decade.

I think people would be more indifferent to him if he wasn't local.

I don't think he's particularly impressed when he has played.

I'm not denying the lad has ability, but due to indifferent form & regular injury he's barely strung together a few decent appearances. That's not suggesting someone who's going to dominate as a CB at the highest level for the next decade.

Fair enough. I have always seen a lot in him, I agree that at 23 he really needs next season to be an injury-free one where he looks to establish himself. I guess a lot depends on whether BR rates him, and it what position.

Fair enough. I have always seen a lot in him, I agree that at 23 he really needs next season to be an injury-free one where he looks to establish himself. I guess a lot depends on whether BR rates him, and it what position.

As someone suggested in another thread, I think next year is a make or break year for him - if he doesn't stay fit, get a solid run of games and look like he's capable of holding a first team place and get in to the national team, then I think we'll have to cut him loose.

Harsh, but that's were he needs to be. Allen, Henderson & Borini are in the same boat.

Shelvey & Wisdom have a year before they hit that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom