• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

is this what we have come to

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

So it would appear we are fighting it out for Martinez with WBA and Villa - how the mighty have fallen
ffs what has he achieved really?

I wouldn't get carried away yet, I just hope they've learned their lesson with Hodge and Dalglish.

He could impress them with all kinds of football lingo in the interview and they come out sayin
"this guy is fantastic,he's gonna win us the championship"
yep....fucking 1st division championship....

Is it because he is cheap and not likely to demand a massive transfer budget, no disrespect to Martinez he's a class fella but can he really be expected to best KK'S season, I for one am starting to get really worried about this FSG mob

I'm as unhappy as anyone about Kenny going, but some of these posts are ridiculous. Everyone's got a right to be apprehensive and even worried, as at the minute things are uncertain, the press are speculating aplenty and I imagine there's a few bananas being thrown around by all and sundry to create chaos.

We haven't got a clue what's going on, all we can do is wait and see the outcome of what's looking like a complete overhaul and restructure. Whatever our loyalties are or whoever we think should be in charge, no one can really argue that a complete rethink isn't a plausible and justifiable outcome this Summer. We've got new owners and it was only a matter of time before they'd want to stamp their authority, or intentions, on the club.

Before they took over people moaned we'd stagnated, we lacked investment and we were too safe with managers, that Houllier and Rafa both had a year too long, etc.. now we're trying to go cut throat and people are equally unhappy with the signals.

If Martinez is being pursued (and I doubt he's the only one, he just seems the obvious one as he's flavour of the month) then it won't be without reason. He's at Wigan yeah but there are a number of other factors to consider - the brand of football, the ability to work within restrictions if needs be and the capacity to work well with what's available, and ultimately, the idea that he might be able to step up a level. That's got to be a consideration because for every Martinez, there will be a target who's on a higher plane wanting equal assurances the other way that won't always be plausible.

I hope Martinez is a smoke screen or an option, that's my personal hope but it's early days and some of the scare mongering and hyperbole getting posted at the minute is less bearable than the cretins who were constantly looking for someone to blame and hoping for this change.

Chill the fuck out.

Mark. You're fucking beautiful.

Am I seriously one of the few who is optimistic?

Everyone please remain calm - step away from the keyboard.

What Mark says.

I'm sorry Mark ... I've been gutted by yesterday's sacking, and it's not that I'm not optimistic about this club, it's just I'm not really sure I like the idea of our team seemingly being like every other team. I dunno, I guess I lived in a dream world partially but if it's Roiberto, he gets my support 100% and I hope he makes all realize why FSG made the right move.

I'm sorry Mark ... I've been gutted by yesterday's sacking, and it's not that I'm not optimistic about this club, it's just I'm not really sure I like the idea of our team seemingly being like every other team. I dunno, I guess I lived in a dream world partially but if it's Roiberto, he gets my support 100% and I hope he makes all realize why FSG made the right move.
reading that back in a slow depressing tone is really sad

once again internet so called fans slate someone without giving them a chance

How did I hound him out? I said he deserved another year.

I'm just drunk and pugnacious tonight. Sorry.

It's fucking weird how so many people can spend months telling us how they can pick a better team than the King, know better about prospects, attitudes, and tactics than the man who has won so much... and then they get all indignant when he's fired. Surely if an armchair supporter knows better than Kenny, Martinez will have us challenging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom