• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

There's no point selling Coutinho without a deal in place to sign anyone else. Given how want we've been with our other dealings, I've no faith this would be the case. We'd probably end up with another Andy Carroll.

I'm not sold on mbappe

I'd prefer we spent £70m on aubameyang than £120m on mbappe.

No to Veratti, we'd have to deal with his new cunt of an agent Mino Ravioli

Who the fuck knows. And when did we ever give the team longer term than next game?

Coutinho is a proven international with Brasil

He's only just started to be a regular with Brazil, many may argue he's not a proven international yet. Coutinho us great, I just don't think he's world class. He has worked class moments for sure, but he still goes missing too much for my liking. Having seen Mbappe play a lot, this kid is the real deal.

Do not sell. We have been dicked over the keita and vid signings all summer and now this, as soon as Barca come calling we bend over.

I'd prefer to sell Coutinho next year but if it happened, his like for like replacement is Lallana.
One of them is always under utilised when they play together.

So i wouldn't be rushing out looking for a like for like replacement
Lallana is nowhere near the level of Coutino, neither does he have anywhere near the immediate potential for further improvement.

Madrid or Marca? I guess both are full of shit by the way...

Marca. Madrid are definitely not full of shit, especially with Zidane in charge and their excellent recruitment of late. Don't think it would be a good career move for Mbappe though, he should by all means go to Madrid for a world-record fee at 26, not at 18 thrown into the competition with BBC.

If he goes our chances of winning the CL will drop massively.

He better fucking stay or my bet is fucked.

I have a feeling as I always suspect any money offered by Barca will be to hard to turn down by FSG. If the price is 135M as some are saying then I think we will sell. It's times like these I really wish we had good scouts that could pick up that African or under-utilized Brazilian rotting away in some Italian team like Coutinho was at Inter. We could get £135M and spend some shit like £15M getting a replacement that will be an immediate star for us. Fuck that !!! - anyway given our past experience - selling our best player no matter the financial gain - always hurts us on the pitch where it matters and yet again it sets us back by 3 years. If we carry on like this then NO manager we hire will ever be able to build a team that can challenge for the title or do well in Europe where it really counts.

I have a feeling as I always suspect any money offered by Barca will be to hard to turn down by FSG. If the price is 135M as some are saying then I think we will sell. It's times like these I really wish we had good scouts that could pick up that African or under-utilized Brazilian rotting away in some Italian team like Coutinho was at Inter. We could get £135M and spend some shit like £15M getting a replacement that will be an immediate star for us.

Firstly, why should I give a fuck if we flog a player for £135m and buy a perfect replacement for £15m? All I want is Liverpool to be the best club in England. I couldn't give a rats ass whether we paid the lowest fee or sold for the highest. I want to win the league is all. I'm pretty sure we have owners with sufficient funds to buy the players we need without excess trouser lining

Secondly, I still hold that Couthino is not our best player, Mane is.

Finally, I fail to believe that Barcelona's senior leaders believe Couthino is the best replacement for Neymar. They are not in any way similar (beyond nationality) and Couthino is not in the same class as Neymar. I would expect Barca to be more interested in Mbappe, Griezman etc than a deep midfield playmaker

Firstly, why should I give a fuck if we flog a player for £135m and buy a perfect replacement for £15m? All I want is Liverpool to be the best club in England. I couldn't give a rats ass whether we paid the lowest fee or sold for the highest. I want to win the league is all. I'm pretty sure we have owners with sufficient funds to buy the players we need without excess trouser lining

Secondly, I still hold that Couthino is not our best player, Mane is.

Finally, I fail to believe that Barcelona's senior leaders believe Couthino is the best replacement for Neymar. They are not in any way similar (beyond nationality) and Couthino is not in the same class as Neymar. I would expect Barca to be more interested in Mbappe, Griezman etc than a deep midfield playmaker

We want the same things, and I agree with you as was proved in December/Jan that Mane is our best player. My point was clear - we have since Rafa's last year gone down this road of selling our best players (and Coutinho is one of our best) nearly every season for a long while, and the results are quite evident - we don't win much these days at all. If the offer comes in - then a big decision will be made for real this time because we have a very good manager - that decision will define us as a selling club to our rivals and the rest of Europe - so don't expect to win the league any time soon or for that matter any other competition. If we hold onto him - and decide not to sell - then that tells a different story about us - it shows that we want to compete against the best. That's all I am saying - and your statement about 'I want to win the league is all' - don't mean anything to me if we don't have the players needed for that task.

Mildly concerned we've already sold a potential Coutinho replacement. He's been doing very well in Milan. Bit bizarre we couldn't integrate him at all into the first team squad.

To sell coutinho this season is plain stupid no matter the fee. We've struggled to bring in players as it is. Who's then going to want to come after we sell our best player. I don't care what the fee is we need to be like RB on this one. We're not going to be able to replace him this season

Sent from my SM-G955F using SixCrazyMinutes mobile app

Mildly concerned we've already sold a potential Coutinho replacement. He's been doing very well in Milan. Bit bizarre we couldn't integrate him at all into the first team squad.

It was surely more a case of him not being able to integrate himself into the first team squad. He has talent, undoubtedly, but he slumped into a rut where falling over a lot and trying promising tricks very slowly, combined with a somnambulant approach to training, meant he was hardly demanding a place. Of course, he's grown a bit now, acquired a bit more strength and a lot more experience, so he's a better player, but it's not as if the club failed him.

It was surely more a case of him not being able to integrate himself into the first team squad. He has talent, undoubtedly, but he slumped into a rut where falling over a lot and trying promising tricks very slowly, combined with a somnambulant approach to training, meant he was hardly demanding a place. Of course, he's grown a bit now, acquired a bit more strength and a lot more experience, so he's a better player, but it's not as if the club failed him.

We had a few injuries and he came in and he performed well in big games, particularly against Everton and Chelsea. When players came back he was limited to the bench again (at best) and then went into a slump and looked like he was trying too hard in the cup games. He wasn't exactly rewarded well for the earlier good performances and he clearly had bags of talent. He ran the midfield in that Chelsea game and when he did play he worked hard and contributed well.

Back
Top Bottom